Clubplanet Nightlife Community

oakie playing at twilo.......?

okay, so according to ny rumor mill i have heard that oakie has signed a contract with twilo starting at the begining of april to play once a month, that is if twilo can manage to pull it's shit together to stay open until then.

anybody...?

anybody...?

------------------

...i do believe the music saved my life..

That would be insane, but I doubt it would ever happen...Oakie is already planning a tour for next year around the world.

Plus I think he did a gig there a while back and had some sort of falling out with the management or didn't like it spinning there.

------------------

get bizzy with the fizzy baby...

shadowchaser076@aol.com

Originally posted by tunehead:

okay, so according to ny rumor mill i have heard that oakie has signed a contract with twilo starting at the begining of april to play once a month, that is if twilo can manage to pull it's shit together to stay open until then.

anybody...?

anybody...?

This is BULL FECES. Twilo is way too fawking small for Oakenfold. I never made it to the Hammerstein (see my post on how my "friends" fucked me over, but I heard that shit was way too crowded. If the Hammerstein was way too crowded, then how the hell would it work in Twilo?? The next place, IMO, and I know this is gonna make everyone sick to their stomach that I think would be ideal (and this is thinking in A VERY IDEALISTIC WORLD BEFORE ALL YOU DRAMA QUEENS JUMP DOWN MY THROAT) would be....

would be....

would be....

E

X

I

T

But in the real world, I know this could never work out.

cwm8.gifcwm8.gifcwm8.gif

Sorry Oasis, I know you probaby dropped a load at the idea of that one... wink.gif

------------------

Don't call me baby...

get a fuckin grip you clowns, oakie's not worthy of gettin locked in a back room in twilo. too small...if twilo management can get their shit togethere...stay open...fuckin idiots...

------------------

chronic is the answer...

[This message has been edited by p00h (edited 11-25-2000).]

Originally posted by p00h:

get a fuckin grip you clowns, oakie's not worthy of gettin locked in a back room in twilo. too small...if twilo management can get their shit togethere...stay open...fuckin idiots...

ouch - better get some ice, that's gonna leave a mark...

------------------

you can judge the quality and content of one's character by the way they treat someone that can do nothing for them...

Originally posted by Spitfire:

Twilo too small for Oakenfold??? I don't think so. I've seen him spin venues that i could have spit across. As much as i would like to see him behind the decks at Twilo, I don't see it happening. One never knows though!

The keyword in your post is "SEEN". Oakenfold's evolution since he started touring, especially here in NYC has seen him start at venues that were too small now to bigger places like Roxy and Roseland. I have never been to the Hammerstein, but people said it was just way too packed. Twilo....definitely won't work. And yes EXIT would definitely fuck up too, for management's shadiness and greed. Giant Step isn't stupid to go there and get jerked on their numbers like all the Exit promoters. They may get 4000 people and Exit will give them credit for 90...lol.

------------------

Don't call me baby...

Actually TGE Oakie did Float which is like the size of my closet so it's not the size GENTLEMEN heehee cwm4.gif you boys and size! Anyhow he won't do TWILO for some reason he has a isue withthe plac he even said it in MIXER magazine a couple months ago how he will never ever playthere I wil get the issue info it was a good piece you should read it. Anyhow The PERFECTO man has his one agenda so all I can say is that if you haven't gone to here him spin you should at least once in your lives he is really great. But also funny thing is that for all of you lucky enough to get WLIR he was live on the radio the other night doing his thing on I think it was Tuesday. Talk to you all soon cwm35.gif

------------------

Failure is not an Option!!

Originally posted by Nolimit:

Tong was enough, I think they're just fine w/o Oakie and vice versa.

Geez, I haven't seen a train wreck like that since Amtrak's last one.

No Oakie in Twilo...I don't want to hear the100th remix version of Bullet in the Gun in there.

------------------

get bizzy with the fizzy baby...

shadowchaser076@aol.com

Originally posted by p00h:

what are u babbling? he played at a dump of a place in the hamptons just this summer. when being so adament, one should atleast have full command of the subject one is blabing about...

my bad p00h, i was unaware of oakie playing in the hamptons. i'm not a hamptons person nor will i ever be unless i get paid to spin out there. and for cottoncandy, as far as I know paul oak was not at float thanksgiving eve...that was all pure bullshit.

lates.....

------------------

Don't call me baby...

Originally posted by Nolimit:

size of the venue has NOTHING to do with it.

I swear, there are so many know it alls here...

Benzo, enlighten us with the skinny.

Thank you!! I was just about to post that until I saw your post!!!

Oakie in Twilo??? cwm31.gif No freakin' way. It'll leave a bad stink behind. Besides I highly doubt Twilo management will cough up the $20,000 for 2 hour crap. Thank GOD!!

BlueAngel

------------------

“If the headache would only precede the intoxication, alcoholism would be a virtue.” - Samuel Butler angel.gif

Suhel I hate to burst your bubble sweetie but he was there @ Float TGE. And at Hammerstein the next night. And yes he did do the Hamptons @ TAVERN. Hey but if you don't believe me just call FLOAT. I guess when I was by the booth I took a pic with that guy from the PRACTICE that looks like OAKIE. HAHA cwm27.gif

------------------

Failure is not an Option!!

Nolimit,

what i'm saying is that the fact that oakenfold is such a high profile DJ, he draws a very big crowd, therefore Twilo would not be enough space.

agreeing or disagreeing, i am not here to represent oakenfold, because i do not know him to speak for him, i am just stating my opinion.

I seriously don't think Oakie would ever play at Twilo. First off he plays what might be considered an anthem set, and as Sasha said himself once in an Urb interview , he and Digweed wouldnt do that at Twilo because the people would just look up and say, " What the fuck just happened? We know all that shit." Plus with the size thing, I think that all the dj's at Twilo now enjoy it because it let's you connect with the crowd and get a better reaction out of the people. Just my 2 cents.