Clubplanet Nightlife Community

taking back sunday...

dgmodel

my bad, i thought maybe ppl would be familiar with them already they have a few albums out already... but heres a lil discography on them...

Name: Taking Back Sunday

Formed: 1999

Musical Styles: Emo

Biography: Learn more about this music group.

Similar Artists: Saves the Day , Dashboard Confessional , Fall Out Boy , Settlefish , Lifetime , Sunny Day Real Estate , Endpoint , Story of the Year

Biography: Taking Back Sunday

Formed in November of 1999, Amityville, NY's Taking Back Sunday completed its lineup in December of 2000, when Adam Lazzara took over vocals and Shaun Cooper was added on bass. Taking its melodic hardcore sound from originators like Lifetime, Endpoint, and Sunny Day Real Estate, as well as guitarist Ed Reyes' emo band Movielife, Taking Back Sunday recorded its first demo, a five-song CD, that was released in February of 2001.

After a year of self-promotion and touring, including shows with At the Drive-In and the Alkaline Trio, Taking Back Sunday was signed to Victory Records. The band immediately went into New Jersey's Big Blue Meanie Recording Studios, with producer Sal Villanueva and engineer Tim Gilles, to record their full-length debut. The album, Tell All Your Friends, layers emotional vocals, Reyes and John Nolan's dual-guitar assault, Cooper's rhythms, and Mark O'Connell's backbeat for a classic hardcore sound with pop-songwriting components. It was released on Victory in March of 2002. The group spent the rest of that year and much of 2003 touring, but when Cooper and Nolan left the band, Taking Back Sunday's future was left in doubt. However, guitarist/vocalist Fred Mascherino and bassist Matt Rubano filled out the lineup in time for the band's fall 2003 tour and recording sessions for Tell All Your Friends' follow-up. That album, Where You Want to Be, arrived in summer 2004.

http://music.channel.aol.com/artist/main.adp?_pgtyp=pdct&artistid=525075

new album in stores now... definately worth checking out... a lil different than usual... but no complaints... pretty damn good...

0074610502282_500X500.jpg

Welcome to yesterdays news... that Album has been out for a couple of months now. And they are absolutely the best... Their shows kick ass too.

Definitely worth checking them out live if you just discover them Marko.

Welcome to yesterdays news... that Album has been out for a couple of months now. And they are absolutely the best... Their shows kick ass too.

actually more than a couple of months... since august jerky.... nah i had their first album but i thought they were one hit wonders then i heard a commercial on the radio saying "in stores now..." so i got the cd... but did you hear about the band they formed after the split??? i have that as well... some good shit... more like tbs first album...

actually more than a couple of months... since august jerky.... nah i had their first album but i thought they were one hit wonders then i heard a commercial on the radio saying "in stores now..." so i got the cd... but did you hear about the band they formed after the split??? i have that as well... some good shit... more like tbs first album...

....r u joking?.......

about~!?

Old NEWS!!

my bad i didnt know i was talking to casey kasem here... i posted it a while ago, but you were MIA here and posting on those other boards so didnt know if you knew... but with this attitude youre getting further and further away from getting your precious pickies back... shame... :nono:

i dont know if you heard of these ppl either but theyre a small band from chicago, prolly just one hit wonders but i got faith in them... they go by the name of smashing pumpkins... the leader singer is a talented son of a bitch...

Mister Sarcastic cant take some playful bashing?

It's all good I didn't know I had to work at getting pictures.

Good to know... Sorry I bothered to ask you for them I didnt know

sending them my way was too much work.. Its all good, many thanks tho!

c'mon now... you knew that from a month ago:

Session Start (AIM - dgmodel:naughtybabe): Wed Dec 15 00:26:48 2004

[00:44] nauty: so whats the dilemma?

[00:46] dg: you want somethign i have... how do we both get something out of this...

[00:48] nauty: Hmm so you are all about getting in order to give

[00:48] dg: hell yeah... im a selfish fuck~!

...my chemical romance..........

yeah you dont like them~!?

blegh.. i can't belive you guys like this trendy emo wanna be punk mainstream commercial garbage. the record labels are loving your gullible butts as you fork over your brains and dough.

better than forking over our dough to the rap industry, or into the clubscene at this point...

agreed... just right now rap is so hollow, and they sign anyone... but thing thats bullshit im not going to fork over my money to some person whos just going to sing about how much money he has, and mispronounce names they read about in the robb report...

well i'm not particularly into the emo sound, it's just a "rock" fad anyway, but my point was that instead of gorging into these capitalist fucks vomit, you should check out lesser known bands whose music is still pure at heart. it probably sounds a whole lot better than what's on mtv.

i wish i could give you some good underground emo bands but i'm not into it so i couldnt help you there.