Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Clement

kayluhb

8 million per for this guy? He's six games under .500 with a career 4.3something ERA. He couldn't locate the middle of the plate with a compass.

To quote that illiterate FGT jtk, 'lol' Let's see how this mental case plays in Boston. He couldn't cut it in Chicago, what makes you think he'll be able to in Blahston?

8 million per for this guy? He's six games under .500 with a career 4.3something ERA. He couldn't locate the middle of the plate with a compass.

To quote that illiterate FGT jtk, 'lol' Let's see how this mental case plays in Boston. He couldn't cut it in Chicago, what makes you think he'll be able to in Blahston?

how'd Kevin Brown work out in NY?

or Javy Vasquez? or Jose Contreras? or Esteban Loaiza? or Jeff Weaver?

his stuff is Nasty though... everything he throws moves and has a high velocity... its all speculation but if gets it together.. he can be something else..

Some cubs fans even said but for his control problems he had better stuff than prior and wood..

quoting celeb about clement "I actually mentioned something a few months about the Yanks signing him."

You are a fool.

You should really try moving out from your moms house, if you did you might get a girl and wouldn't have to fuck a inflatable sheep.

First of all, kudos on that hilarious sheep joke. Funniest thing I've ever read on CP, congrats, you win nothing. Also, congrats on finding that quote. Indeed I did say that. Would I throw 8 million per at him? HELL FUCKING NO! I doubt if he received any other offers even close to that. Loos like Blahston overpayed him out of desperation.

You should really try moving out from your moms house, if you did you might get a girl and wouldn't have to fuck a inflatable sheep.

This joke was just so funny I want to directly quote it for everyone to see and laugh. btw, where did you go to school? I bet it was Public. 'a inflatable'???

Like I said before when you know you are wrong you start pulling grammatical errors, which is funny on a sports forum on a club message board.

Loos like Blahston overpayed him out of desperation.

"loos" you fucking toolbag.

clement had 3.68 era last year and there were other teams looking to sign him. Who do you think the dodgers would rather have lowe at 9 millon or clement at 8. HAve fun with your best line up in baseball.lol

looking at clements losses and ND's

5/18 vs SF 8IP 1ER 6K= Loss

6/18 vs OAK 8IP 2ER 8K= Loss

6/24 vs STL 6IP 1ER 5K= Loss

7/5 vs MIL 7IP 1ER 10K= Loss

7/10 vs STL 6IP 3ER 5K= Loss

7/16 vs MIL 6.1IP 3ER 5K= Loss

7/31 vs PHI 7IP 2ER 10K= Loss

No decisions (but well pitched):

6/13 vs ANA 6IP 1ER 8K= ND

8/12 vs SD 5IP 0ER 3K= ND

8/18 vs MIL 7IP 3ER 13K= ND

9/14 vs PIT 6IP 2ER 4K= ND

His record sucks but he pitched well enough to win. He should of had around the same amount of wins as pavano his era was .30 higher. The yanks paid 11 mill a year for 4 years we paid 8 for 3. Giving up 3 or less runs you should win on a good hitting team. I wonder which team scored the most runs last year?

Clement is making 8.5/yr and Pavano is making 10/yr. If you're going to crunch numbers, at least crunch the correct ones... Thanks...

year sorry i was reading from a site that posted it before the final contract came out. but you do realize that beause you are over the "cap" you pay 40 % of each dollar right. So its not just 10 million a year.

year sorry i was reading from a site that posted it before the final contract came out. but you do realize that beause you are over the "cap" you pay 40 % of each dollar right. So its not just 10 million a year.

I realize that, but applying it to each individual player is silly. Just take the total team payroll at the end of the year (I'm sure the team will be a little different at the trading deadline) and tax 40% on that.

not really because it is taxed on each dollar over the linit, the yanks were over the limit when they signed him so all of his money are the ones that are taxed. SO his 10 mill is really 14 and next year it is even higher. But that is not where i got the 11 from so this is all moot.

not really because it is taxed on each dollar over the linit, the yanks were over the limit when they signed him so all of his money are the ones that are taxed. SO his 10 mill is really 14 and next year it is even higher. But that is not where i got the 11 from so this is all moot.

I understand what you're saying, but if you're going to compare 2 players to see who is a better value then you compare them based on the contracts they signed. The luxury tax is a TEAM tax. If Pavano pitches well for us, and Clement stinks up the joint are you going to counter by saying that Pavano is making 14 mil?? If you are, that's a pretty weak arguement...

That is why i said it was moot, i would not do that when comparing players.

He is getting 10, clement 8.5 we will see what happens. Will pavano be worth 1.5 plus an extra year more then clement we will see.

Clement had 7 "tough" losses ("quality start" 6+ IP and 3 ER or less and got a loss. ) league average was 2. You take off 5 of those 7 and he is 14-8 and making 10 million a year somewhere.

That is why i said it was moot, i would not do that when comparing players.

He is getting 10, clement 8.5 we will see what happens. Will pavano be worth 1.5 plus an extra year more then clement we will see.

Clement had 7 "tough" losses ("quality start" 6+ IP and 3 ER or less and got a loss. ) league average was 2. You take off 5 of those 7 and he is 14-8 and making 10 million a year somewhere.

Agree