Clubplanet Nightlife Community

blaze battle

anyone else who was too tired from twilo friday night get a chance to catch the blaze battle on HBO on saturday? it was the first even of its kind that i've ever seen, just wanted to get some feedback on what people thought, and where i could go to see something like that live.

Yeah I caught most of it before I hit the factory. I left before the finals though. Eyedea was crazy!!!!! He was great!! The concept of the battle is good, but sometimes your appearance gets you through. Thought it was whack how Reice made it through the first round. Who was in the finals with Eyedea, and who won the whole thing???

That was some of the coolest shit I'd seen for quite a while. Those kids had skillz. Unfortunately, I thought that some of them lost unfairly, as the crowd seemed to show some favoritism. Eyedea definitely had the most talent (or maybe he just handled the pressure better).

------------------

translucent_binary.gif

Originally posted by gnice:

Yeah I caught most of it before I hit the factory. I left before the finals though. Eyedea was crazy!!!!! He was great!! The concept of the battle is good, but sometimes your appearance gets you through. Thought it was whack how Reice made it through the first round. Who was in the finals with Eyedea, and who won the whole thing???

I forget the name of the guy who went against Eyedea......it started with an S and he had on a bandana with a NY Yankees cap on forwards......anyway, Eyedea blew him off the stage......after his last verse the other guy couldn't even flow.....he was stumbling on his words and shit.....

------------------

"If there are two of us, I will gladly bite it in half....."

yeah, it was held at hammerstein ballroom. eye dea was going against was named see for. see for was alright, but got slammed in the second half. that was some awesome poetry. funny as hell when i think her name was reice walked off the stage after getting smacked by e dub. great tv, i'm going to figure out how to get in to the next one i can.