Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Carlos Delgado is a Marlin

pookie23

:love:

Hold up !! hold the fuck up !! enlighten us on how the marlins didnt have the moolah to sign Pudge but somehow came up with some serious cash to sign delgado????. It goes without saying, the marlins would have been way better off with pudge than gripping delgado. Good luck on winning that division.

P.S Beckett is shot !! he was a one year wonder, i'm surprised he got a contract extension :laugh:

But then again, thats just my opinion

Wait wait wait !! last i heard, the bosox were too cheap to fork over a "few" million to get A-shit.... now the mets bungled the deal because of a measley million ??? idgi, now who's cheap ? I guess Fred Wilpon finally came out of his coma cursing mofos out for spending his moolah :laugh:

He never wanted to come to the Mets no matter how money we shelled out for him.

Let him rot with the Marlins...they'll probably be contracted before his contract is done

and...it was more than just a million...there was that 5th year option too...theres a difference in overpaying someone who is young, and someone who is old...carlos delgado is on the wrong side of thirty.....

who cares..he's overated, definately not worthy of a 4 year contract.

Hold up !! hold the fuck up !! enlighten us on how the marlins didnt have the moolah to sign Pudge but somehow came up with some serious cash to sign delgado????. It goes without saying, the marlins would have been way better off with pudge than gripping delgado. Good luck on winning that division.

P.S Beckett is shot !! he was a one year wonder, i'm surprised he got a contract extension :laugh:

But then again, thats just my opinion

The Marlins paid for Pudge's $10 mil contract over three seasons all though he only physically played for 1 year ;)

Now the Marlins have 8 out of 9 positions filled by All-Stars. And they also have a solid pitching core of Beckett, AJ and Leiter.

:eek:

Looks like the Mets might be close to a deal to sign Boston's first baseman Doug Mientkiewicz for a minor leaguer....what's the deal with this guy? I'm not too familiar with him. Did he start last year for Boston...what kind of numbers did he put up?

He's supposed to be very good defensively, not known as well for his offensive numbers.

I really like this move by the Marlins - they needed a 1B and a lefty bat bad.

The batting order 1-5 is real nice.

Pierre

Loduca

Cabrera

Delgado

Lowell

Not completely sold on Beckett either, but I like A.J Burnett to win 17 games this year.

Mets will finish no better than 3rd this year - who is going to get them through the 6-9th innings????????

You know Pedro is 6 and done and Glavine throws too many pitches. Benson doesn't have the stamina because he's spent all his energy bangin' his wife (would do the same thing in his position might I add).

-g.g

Not completely sold on Beckett either, but I like A.J Burnett to win 17 games this year.

Mets will finish no better than 3rd this year - who is going to get them through the 6-9th innings????????

You know Pedro is 6 and done and Glavine throws too many pitches. Benson doesn't have the stamina because he's spent all his energy bangin' his wife (would do the same thing in his position might I add).

-g.g

i dunno...the mets have collected a good amount of arms to fill up their bullpen during the offseason, and i think their bullpen looks better than the marlins...who is closing for you guys????

last year the marlins bullpen was atrocious...if the starters didnt make it to benitez.....the game was lost in the middle relief.

so why does everyone forget about the marlins lack of mid relief? why are they suddenly the favorites?

and...it was more than just a million...there was that 5th year option too...theres a difference in overpaying someone who is young, and someone who is old...carlos delgado is on the wrong side of thirty.....

who cares..he's overated, definately not worthy of a 4 year contract.

You know what, you could be right, but then again, we all know about the Vlad saga. This guy might end up putting big #s like vlad did last year,..then what? I still think the mets should have gone the extra mile and got him, no way a team like the marlins outbid a NY team. I dont know about him not wanting to be a met, but thats subjective, we might never know. And considering how late 30s and early 40s dudes are doing in the majors these days (minus the BALCO freaks), you just never know. Omar Minaya should have had the upper hand in the deal. But when its all said and done, maybe delgado didnt want the intrusive media scrutiny that comes with being a playa in nyc. some can handle it, some cant...i think he'd rather have his privacy and peace over extra $$$. We'll find out sooner or later.

You know what, you could be right, but then again, we all know about the Vlad saga. This guy might end up putting big #s like vlad did last year,..then what? I still think the mets should have gone the extra mile and got him, no way a team like the marlins outbid a NY team. I dont know about him not wanting to be a met, but thats subjective, we might never know. And considering how late 30s and early 40s dudes are doing in the majors these days (minus the BALCO freaks), you just never know. Omar Minaya should have had the upper hand in the deal. But when its all said and done, maybe delgado didnt want the intrusive media scrutiny that comes with being a playa in nyc. some can handle it, some cant...i think he'd rather have his privacy and peace over extra $$$. We'll find out sooner or later.

they already got pedro and beltran...i'm not gonna whine about who they didnt get...