Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Come With Me!!! (Oakie Review)

biglex

Paul Oakenfold just rocked the shit out of me! What a set...maybe even better than his last time in New York at Roseland. The man sure knows how to work his crowd. Some musical highlights:

-There was one sweet vocal which I can't really remember much, but it might have been the only female vocal he played, and it was real nice. He played it towards the middle of his set. Can anybody help me out??

-Then he took us back to the days of Tranceport and played what I'm pretty sure was the Tilt v. PVD "Rendezvous". That really got the crowd going.

-And then, my personal favorite of the night, that one track, I think the second to last song he played, where there was a guy screaming "COME WITH ME!". HOLY SHIT, that song was freakin unreal!!! Got me pumped beyond belief. What a way to end his set.

All in all it was a great night. It was an unbelieveable sight when I first walked in and saw all the people in the mezzanine sections and on the dancefloor. The place was packed to the brim! I couldn't help just looking around for like ten minutes in awe. The crowd was really energetic and friendly. Definitely worth the $32. Thanks to rockervt for the last minute tickets. You da man!!!

whata way to end it??

whata way to start it and gettin all the brits ryled up wit that mix of beautifull day by u2

awesome night!!

------------------

Exit Sat 11.25.00 * "BOOGIE NIGHTS" returns this week. 5,000 free sex toys. For Guestlist:(201)725-8858, oasis9389@msn.com, aolimer: oasis9389

fuckin incredible!! time of my life, def. one of the best parties i have ever been to. first time i saw him definatly not the last, loved the part when the person was sayin dance with me in german...unless i was hearin things haha. had a blast, can't wait for him to rock fucking house again..

Was the track with the female vocal called 'Touch me' by Rui da silva?

He dropped it twice when I heard him in Ibiza.

Is he still dropping 'Prophet'? He closed with that 1 1/2 year ago at Vinyl. Glad that I didn't go, I'm over him taking me back to the 'tranceport a la resident' days. I want to hear the NEW SHIT.

Originally posted by oasis:

whata way to end it??

whata way to start it and gettin all the brits ryled up wit that mix of beautifull day by u2

awesome night!!

I was trying to check my damn coat when he first came on. I heard everyone going crazy and I was so freakin' jealous. That's why I didn't comment on his opening. I'm sure it was sick.

Anybody got an opinion on D-Fuse? I completely missed him. Or how about Darren Emerson? I didn't really stick around for him.

OK here we go.. I had fun yesterday night even if there was sooo not enough room to dance smile.gif I was in heaven when he dropped one of my favorites songs Solar Stone - Seven Cities!! The vibe in that moment was incredible and I felt like I wanna hug and kiss everybody in the room!! I haven't heard that song for centuries! I think Oaki is very cool guy and he knows how to work with crowd very well. I was just pretty upset he was on for only like 2 hours??? So I left pretty early. Sorry I didn't say bye to some of you frown.gif

------------------

I've told myself so many times before

But this time I think I mean it for sure

We have reached a full stop

Nothing's going to save us from the big drop.. "DM"

unicornx1.gif

Hey....I must admit I thought last night would be pretty good but it turns out it was absolutely fucking incredible! To all those who have been sleeping on Oakie and saying he sold out or fell off.......I have to disagree......that man was intense and really got the crowd going nuts.....I have pictures to prove it........he he

Mikey

------------------

Room to dance?....Oh..I will take that..thank you...

Media32975.jpg

Originally posted by rachel1997:

How come you guys didn't come to the meet-up?

i don't know why. that's a weak excuse now, isn't it?

------------------

you can judge the quality and content of one's character by the way they treat someone that can do nothing for them...

mikey, let me know when you get those pics up! i can't wait to see how cracked out we all look.

and i remember when he played the solar stone track, fucking blew my mind. i had no idea how pumped a guy like him would get during a set. you think that after 15+ years he wouldn't give a shit anymore, but he was back behind the decks going nuts with a huge smile on his face.

------------------

twilo is my drug

I'm finally back online!! hadn't been online in over 4 days!! cwm36.gif But now I can check those Oakie reviews!

What can I say!! FUCKIN AWESOME! Oakie IS the Master!! The show was - u n b e l e i v a b l e - cwm35.gif Darren Emerson was pretty fuckin good too! But as many of you already mentioned, I think I almost exploded when he played that song "COME WITH ME"!!!! I couldn't beleive it! I was jumpin up and down like a kangaroo on coke! Oakenfold's set was everything I expected and MORE!! Defenetely worth every penny.

I can't wait to catch another one of his performances... Any clues when will he be back to the US?!?! I hope u guys enjoyed it as much as I did! cwm32.gifcwm12.gifcwm32.gif

------------------

Peace, Love & Twilo for Everyone!!!

Equaliser-01.gifSpeaker-02.gif

"they wanna fight, we wanna dance"