Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Spirit Reviews...

well here's my review...

got there probably some time after 1, prolly closer to 130, found a spot on the westside right on 26th street, parked on a huge pile of snow and off we went. the line outside wasn't that long, we were in probably in 15 mins or so. once inside it was more chaotic, lines for coat check were pretty long, but another 20 mins or so and we were off again.

inside this was my first time there since halloween hearing jp, and the system is def much much better than what they had before. sounds much more crisp and the bass is finally there without massive distortion like it used to be.

the good, i thought the music was really good most of the night. walked in to him playing sexy motherfucker, got me dancin right away. vip was open to walk around so we made some rounds to check out the crowd (more on that later). he played some oldies and a lot of newer stuff that i didn't really know, but esp from 2 to 5 or so the music was really good. after 5 he sorta started to taper off a little bit, got more mellow, he spun trance for a while, not something i wanna hear out of peters. i have heard better from him though, he didn't really have much flow to the night, he would start to get into a groove and then just throw in a really bland track.

performances were good, loved the whole cupcake show, def added to the vibe. jp does look funny these days, he kinda looks like a hippy, with the longer hair and he def put on a few pounds. looked like he was having a blast in the booth the whole night.

anyway, now for the bad. the crowd, WTF? def saw some regular faces that are probably there every weekend cause i see them there all the time, but there were soo many kids running around. all these little douchebags that just got done watching a&e and ran out getting their gotti cuts. added a lot of unneccesary cheese factor to the night, they should do a better job at the door, im still they can still fill the place with the right people.

anyway, shit this is turning into a fucking book so im gonna wrap it up, good night, good music, bleh crowd, i would give it a B+. i still def had a good time, got my jp fix.

got there around 2ish had a great time....had i known he was gonna close at 12 i wouldve def gone around 4-5am....this party was nothin compared to his past bday parties but it was still a good party...as for the crowd i was shocked at how packed it still was around 10am...didnt think people could hang anymore...overall the party was pretty good....just to name a couple trax off the top of my head

latin headhunterz- lift me up

dj simi &dj marotta - my house

Garth Brooks Dub!!!!!!!!!

shumacher- play fast and loose

GTI vs. GTI 2005

Jonathan Peters & Bush - Redemption Song

Layla - You and I

Akabu - Don't Hold Back (Skylark Mix)

LET THE SUNSHINE!!!

praise cats- shined on me

deborah cox- never knew aca over ?????

castor & pollux-serenity

DJ Disciple feat Diamond Dancer - Gratuitous Sex Piece (Kamishake Remix)

sander kleinenburg- the fruit

boots on the run vs. go deeper

Personally, I thought it was terrible. First time hearing JP for me in 3 years. Before that, I was a big JP fan. If I didn't have good company with me :heart:, I would have walked out after 2 hours. JP's track selection was atrocious. He played a number of tracks that sounded straight off of a cheesy trance compilation. He's still playing some tracks that need to have their throats slit and buried permanently. GTI 2005, or whatever it's called, isn't house, it ain't techno, it's just straight up noise that makes my ears bleed, yet the crowd still goes bonkers for the track. Go figure. Too bad I was sober, if I had had a few jars, pills and a few hits of acid, I may have thought the music was halfway decent. I thought his set did have its moments, but those moments were few and far between.

As for the crowd, by far the worst aspect of the night. It was crowded beyond a safe capacity (I guess 'fire hazzard' means nothing to Spirit) and the floor was slippery from people walking in with snow on their shoes. I saw a number of people bust their asses or colliding into other people. It seemed like everyone wanted to throw down if you so much as bumped into them. Calm down asshole. For the most part it was filled with a bunch of degenerates (old school and new school), former dealers from the Factory days, people who cleaned out the local Walmart of hair gel, wannabe thugs, sweaty meatheads doing the Factory shuffle like it's still in style and a plethora of underage sluts. The whole place seemed like a bizarro world hybrid version of Growing Up Gotti meets American Gladiator meets Menace 2 Society meets Barely Legal 3.

Nevertheless, I did have a good time, but it had little to do with the music or the crowd.

On one positive note, the sound system does rock. It doesn't come close to Twilo, but it has some serious bass, with great clarity. I'd love to see what somewhat like Carl Cox could do on that system.

Personally, I thought it was terrible. First time hearing JP for me in 3 years. Before that, I was a big JP fan. If I didn't have good company with me :heart:, I would have walked out after 2 hours. JP's track selection was atrocious. He played a number of tracks that sounded straight off of a cheesy trance compilation. He's still playing some tracks that need to have their throats slit and buried permanently. GTI 2005, or whatever it's called, isn't house, it ain't techno, it's just straight up noise that makes my ears bleed, yet the crowd still goes bonkers for the track. Go figure. Too bad I was sober, if I had had a few jars, pills and a few hits of acid, I may have thought the music was halfway decent. I thought his set did have its moments, but those moments were few and far between.

As for the crowd, by far the worst aspect of the night. It was crowded beyond a safe capacity (I guess 'fire hazzard' means nothing to Spirit) and the floor was slippery from people walking in with snow on their shoes. I saw a number of people bust their asses or colliding into other people. It seemed like everyone wanted to throw down if you so much as bumped into them. Calm down asshole. For the most part it was filled with a bunch of degenerates (old school and new school), former dealers from the Factory days, people who cleaned out the local Walmart of hair gel, wannabe thugs, sweaty meatheads doing the Factory shuffle like it's still in style and a plethora of underage sluts. The whole place seemed like a bizarro world hybrid version of Growing Up Gotti meets American Gladiator meets Menace 2 Society meets Barely Legal 3.

Nevertheless, I did have a good time, but it had little to do with the music or the crowd.

On one positive note, the sound system does rock. It doesn't come close to Twilo, but it has some serious bass, with great clarity. I'd love to see what somewhat like Carl Cox could do on that system.

:laugh2: lolllllll too funny

well here's my review...

got there probably some time after 1, prolly closer to 130, found a spot on the westside right on 26th street, parked on a huge pile of snow and off we went. the line outside wasn't that long, we were in probably in 15 mins or so. once inside it was more chaotic, lines for coat check were pretty long, but another 20 mins or so and we were off again.

dude, that's exactly when I got there...we were prob on that rediculous coat check line together...lol

I must say that I was very dissapointed with last night; although I had a lot of fun, cause I always make the best of it. The crowd was expected, we all knew it was gonna be chaotic...but the music wayyyy too hard fo my taste, no room to dance which upset me the most. Every so often JP would throw in a classic and the crowd would go nuts but it went back to the same gush gush gush heavy crap. Lift Me Up made my night...place was still packed at 7...but at that point all my friends were leaving and I too, had enough of the crowd left right after Serenity...what a great song to end the night with

overall...great time as usual saw alot of old school heads...Ink & Corrales were great as usual

Excellent review...however, I need to add some commentary...

that is the by far the best description of GTI 2005 I have ever heard

Fire hazzard never meant anything to Factory, Tunnel, or Avalon either...did u expect anything more from a JP crowd?? Although it's a perfet descirption, it's nothin new and was totally expected. I guess times have changed from 3 years ago

Nevertheless, I did have a good time, but it had little to do with the music or the crowd..

absolutly, it's all what you make of it.

Carl Cox needs to get out of Avalon and into Crobar

Fire hazzard never meant anything to Factory, Tunnel, or Avalon either...did u expect anything more from a JP crowd?? Although it's a perfet descirption, it's nothin new and was totally expected. I guess times have changed from 3 years ago

I agree, but handing out a couple of hundred cupcakes with lit birthday candles on them to people whacked out their minds on drugs wasn't smartest idea when you have the place well above overcapacity, especially with the floor being wet. And just from a more pragmatic standpoint, it was ridiculously uncomfortable in there. I couldn't go more than 30 seconds without being bumped or slammed into.

night was so-so... the music was kinda lacking the whole night... he is so goddman hot and cold... he had a few good tracks here and there and i was appreciating the trance for a little bit.. but overall the music was a c+ at best... i expected a lot better from jp, i've really been feeling his track selection last few times i've been to spirit... the crowd was the typical jp crowd... lot's of really good looking girls and unfortunately lots of dudes with no shirts on and stubbly backs.. im not really a fan of stage shows but the shows they had were pretty cool... thongs and cupcakes at 7am... doesn't get much better than that my friends... i was really feeling the crowd and the vibe at 7:30 but the music was just horrendous... madonna and the song after madonna??? wtf was that about?? ehh anywho... still a good night...

I agree, but handing out a couple of hundred cupcakes with lit birthday candles on them to people whacked out their minds on drugs wasn't smartest idea when you have the place well above overcapacity, especially with the floor being wet. And just from a more pragmatic standpoint, it was ridiculously uncomfortable in there. I couldn't go more than 30 seconds without being bumped or slammed into.

dude, ever since those people in Rhode Island were charred to death, i freak out everytime I see an open flame in a club...and who eats when they're high on crack??? LOL

dude, ever since those people in Rhode Island were charred to death, i freak out everytime I see an open flame in a club...and who eats when they're high on crack??? LOL

i was not on drugs, i did drink though and that cupcake definitely hit the spot... it held me over til i got home so i didnt have to waste eighteen dollars on a hotdog outside... so the cupcakes were definitely a good idea...

i was not on drugs, i did drink though and that cupcake definitely hit the spot... it held me over til i got home so i didnt have to waste eighteen dollars on a hotdog outside... so the cupcakes were definitely a good idea...

I'm just bitter casue I didnt get one :mad: I would have loved to lick the white frosting off of one...LOL

People actually eat those hot dogs? j/k

alright someone's gotta help me out here, what's that one track that has like this whistling sound almost in it, people were whistling it when it was coming on. have heard it a few times but have no idea what it is.

Cokeman?? sorry, bad joke

its kinda like chimes chiming?? I would like to know what it is as well

yea it kinda is, it's something you can whistle, i can't get it out of my head now. i don't think it's new cause i've def heard it before a while ago. there's another song that i'd like to know what it is too, but i don't even know how to describe it. it's somewhat similar to how the gti sound is (not it's not gti 2005), it's like a deeper sound but somewhat similar to how gti goes.

alright someone's gotta help me out here, what's that one track that has like this whistling sound almost in it, peopel were whistling it when it was coming on. have heard it a few times but have no idea what it is.

I also need the name for that... i was starting to whistle it myself. gotta check all this new stuff i have