Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Is Park La Brea a...

dolce84

Hey everyone whats sup I need opinions on something, I am relocating from Rochester, NY to Los Angeles the Parklabrea area is that a great place to move for a 20yrd also where are the Live areas the whole shabang. Thanks in Advance.

Dolce14621:-)

Park LaBrea did some major renovations a few years back and expansion. It's pleasant. I believe another cp-er lives there. It depends where you go daily. The traffic in that area is really horrible. It would not be my choice, but others really like it because it's close to their work and what they do.

It all depends on where you wanta be because traffic is getting worse.

yeah lalate is right. if you work in the area it's a good location, but the traffic can drive you nuts if you have to commute far. you've got the grove right there and you are really close to melrose etc, so that's all good. what part of town are you going to be working in?

welcome to la! it's going to be sunny and in the mid-70's today, i'm guessing you aren't getting that weather in rochester on this last day of jan!

yeah lalate is right. if you work in the area it's a good location, but the traffic can drive you nuts if you have to commute far. you've got the grove right there and you are really close to melrose etc, so that's all good. what part of town are you going to be working in?

welcome to la! it's going to be sunny and in the mid-70's today, i'm guessing you aren't getting that weather in rochester on this last day of jan!

Im looking for a place where theres alot of things to do at any time of nght or day is West Hollywood better?

i can actually walk to Park La Brea....its a huge complex - largest west of the Mississippi....great location IMO.

you could look in the Sunset Blvd. area in WeHo....yeah you MAY be able to walk to more stuff, but the traffic can be really bad on the weekend nights...and i really don't think the difference is that much...i love being 5 minutes east of Bev Hills, 5 minutes SE of WeHo and 5 minutes south of Hollywood :)

I think the last time I checked a 1 bedroom at Park La Brea was about $1300, for that money I would seriousely rather look at places in West Hollywood or Hollywood for that matter.

Less driving, more fun, you will be actually able to walk to some clubs probably, go to places like rent.com, i am sure you can find a great place with a pool and gym for maybe even less money.... :type:

I live in Park La Brea and I love it!! My office is only 5 minutes away, and everything is really close..Not only the Grove (and Famers' Market, which is much more interesting anyways) but also the museums (LACMA, Tar Pits etc...).

On the other hand, I've been there since 1996, and my rent for a really large 2 bedrooms is only $1400.00. I think it's much more now. The place has been greatly renovated (the parks are beautiful, there is good gym, pool and tennis for very cheap, hair saloon, 2 cafes, art room, library and cleaners right there on the premises), but financially it's best for young couples or roommates as opposed to going for a 1 bedroom...Good luck!!

Imad.