Clubplanet Nightlife Community

moving from queens to nj

i live in bayside,queens im condsidering moving to fort lee area. what are pros/cons of n.nj vs/queens? is car insurance higher in nj than queens? are the roads less bumpier in nj than in ny? is nj more hip than queens? are there more young single people in nj than queens? which one has more beautiful people?

i know these questions don't reflect my high intelligence and wealth but i don't have many people to ask so please advise.

I made that exact same move a couple years ago...instead it was from the Whitestone area to the Fort Lee area. Living in Jersey definitely has it's perks. I'm only 10 minutes from the city by car. I like living in Jersey better, no matter how scary that sounds. lol...

Being a Dirty Jersey Resident all my life, i can tell you that it has its perks for sure. I live right outside the lincoln tunnel, and with no traffic, i am aprox. a 7 min drive out of NYC. its quiet here, lower taxes, and shit isnt as expensive.

What is the irony in all this you ask? I am trying to move to NYC smile.gif

What can i say....i want something different

------------------

"A man makes his sunshine, and he makes his rain. Look at what you have, and where you are, before you say, "I've had a horrible day" Appreciate what you have, and realize how much others wish they could have that much. Live Life, and LOVE IT!" --Me

"Day is gone I'm on my back Staring up at the ceiling I take a drink sit back relax Smoke my kind makes me feel Better for a short time

What I want is what I've not got What I need is all around me"

"Sometimes there is so much beauty in the world i feel i can't take it. and i feel like my heart is gonna cave in" -American Beauty

K and Erm...there is only one thing to say that will express my feelings about you guys......HAAAAAABUUUURRRBB

No Pleasure, No Rapture, No Exquisite Sin Greater....Than Centeral Air. - Dogma

"I can walk in straight lines, within my crooked world" -a drunken Aramis Ponte

love.jpg

Originally posted by entrepreneur:

i live in bayside,queens im condsidering moving to fort lee area. what are pros/cons of n.nj vs/queens? is car insurance higher in nj than queens? are the roads less bumpier in nj than in ny? is nj more hip than queens? are there more young single people in nj than queens? which one has more beautiful people?

i know these questions don't reflect my high intelligence and wealth but i don't have many people to ask so please advise.

Surely someone of your intellect and success would have better options than to ask a bunch of crackhead clubbers.

The ironbound section of newark of newark would be a fine place for you to start looking. Have your agent have you look at night. That is when all of the beautiful people come out to play so you might turn a few heads when they see that you are looking for a new crib erm condo.

actually auto insuruance in NJ(bergen/hudson)is higher than NYC. a bad thing about living in NJ is that you will have to pay tolls.

Originally posted by benzo:

insurance in new jersey should be much cheaper.

the roads are DEFINITELY much better! no nasty bumps and road pavements do not take months to get completed.

smile.gifcwm34.gifcwm21.gif

Depending on where you work in the city, you may want to consider other parts of Jersey as well. If you don't work above midtown, your commute may actually be longer than 10 minutes, in fact it can be as long as 45 minutes. That's one drawback if you commute by bus. But even by car can be a big hassle. You should consider looking at Hoboken,Weehawken, West New York, and North Bergen for a quicker commute. Another drawback about Jersey is that everything closes really early, from the grocery store to bars. Hoboken is the only place with any night life at all- but of all the towns in NJ, Hoboken has the highest rent. Ive lived in Hoboken, Jersey City, West New York, and Weehawken and I think that by far, the most liveable was Hoboken. Insurance is going to be higher than New York and parking isn't necessarily going to be easier. Basically you have to make a choice, the less rent you want to pay, the longer your commute is going to be. Also you might consider checking out the new developements near the light rail station over in Jersey City. Hope I helped you some. If you need any help looking for a place, I'm very good at this. Anyway good luck.

Sarah cwm20.gif

You could move out towards Greenwood Lake to find some nice cheap rent.

Your clubbing choices might be reduced to a Garth Brooks and Trisha Yearwood Karaoke Beer night at the local hoe-down.

Roads there aren't too bumpy. They smooth out the dirt roads every year.

------------------

JDogg

opelblitzcopy.gif

"Jesus Tap Dancing Christ,

I've never seen anything so

juvenile in my life."

- Mr. Garrison

Knock y'damn teeth out and move to the pineys. Commuting is cheap when you don't even need shoes to fit into the neighborhood... cwm2.gif

No, seriously, how much can it cost for you to drag your fridge box and newspapers across the bridges to set up shack somewhere in Jersey? cwm25.gif

With your above average intellect and income, why are you even concerned about prices/costs? If you are an "entrepreneur" as some of us truly are, you take risks...make the move, spend the bucks, and make it work SOMEHOW, SOME WAY, whatever it takes. cwm10.gif

------------------

Work, work, work. Work, work, work. Work, work, work. Hello boys, have a good night's rest, I missed you. -- Gov. William J. Le Petomane (Blazing Saddles)

ahhh...i'm in the same situation....prob gonna move to FORT LEE some time soon...and i DO NOT want to. Was born and raised in NY!

Ny is the place to be....hehehe...

And NJ has one of the highest auto insurance rates in the nation.

And this is what i HEARD..they are thinking about raising the GWB toll during rush hour (6 am to 10 am) from $4 to like $7 or something like that...This would really suck for people crossing the bridge during that time.

i don't understand you. you claim to have money, you want to live in a hip place.. why dont' u just move to manhattan?

Originally posted by entrepreneur: