Clubplanet Nightlife Community

My 2 cents on these ridiculous club wars!

Someone who posted about the top 10 songs below wrote:

"but everyone knows that exit will remain as the best club in nyc by far!!!"

The frustration I feel when I read statements like this Is similar to when my mom says "BUT THEY'RE ALL WEARING IT"

There is no "they"

There is no "everyone"

There is no "best"

Don't these people understand the concept of diversity? Individuality? My parents listen to classical 394027502 hours a day and that makes them happy. I listen to house. They think I'm crazy, I think they're pathetic, but it doesn't MATTER! Don't deal with what you dont enjoy! (Lesson in life!) 90 Percent of the BS on these boards/online/in real life are debates over things that HAVE NO ANSWER! Stop spending time and energy on crap like that and focus on developing what you enjoy, what makes you laugh, cry WHATEVER -- music and the whole club environment can be such a powerful and amazing influence on your life.. It opens you up musically, socially, mentally, there's so much to get from it. But -- not if you spend your days debating on this stuff! Go out and have an amazing night for yourself, not for anyone else, develop your own passion for music and for the scene. While no one's opinion outweighs anyone elses, you still don't have to defend what you like to anyone.

Its not a then vs now argument; there will always be people complaining about how it used to be and I try not to become that -- BUT -- If I can respect people liking overground, shiny new PoP/House cheese certainly other people can respect that some think its miserable. That's why I dont go to exit. That's why I dont buy compilation CD's . That's why I dont go to Bang Bang.

When will people realize clubs & music are much more of apositive experience when you internalize it and make YOURSELF happy than worrying about everyone around you.

I always say, If I go to bed happy and wake up happy no matter how miserable the world around me is, that's good enough for me.

(steps down from the lectern)

MissDiva

smile.gif

------------------

..."Music is my life...and I just can't help it..Music is my life...It's the joy I feel inside"...

MissDiva19@aol.com cwm12.gifcwm30.gif

[This message has been edited by MissDiva (edited 11-28-2000).]

i also wanted to add that i feel that everyone on this board is guilty of bashing a

"newbie" for liking a song right now that came out ages ago (ex. "sandstorm", "kernkraft 400", "french kiss", "spente le stelle").

instead of bashing, why don't we recommend some new/current songs that they should check out? i understand that many get upset when house music becomes mainstream (myself included). but you guys all know that with anything that gets popular, it also becomes unpopular in a matter of time.

it's all underground then...

we weren't born as house music afficinados. we all had to start somewhere, and you know that there are plenty of people that knew about house/electronic music LONG before you found out about it!

------------------

*kitty19*

*turn it around baby*

i agree kitty,

sometimes i feel afraid to ask certain questions or say certain things for fear of sounding stupid and out of date in this scene...we all didnt start at the same time, and i think with all this talk about unity and what not, we should all help each other out and give each other ideas on whats hot in the scene today...we could only learn from each other...just think of how awe struck someone will be when you tell them to listen to sandstorm for the first time....just like you were back then when you heard it for the first time...just spread the vibe, who cares how old it is...

thats all.

cwm30.gif peace out cwm30.gif

------------------

~~ TrYpDaLyTeFaNtAsTiC ~~

I scream I scream so much you know what I mean, this electric stream, my tears in league with wires and energy, my machine this is my beautiful dream dream dream, Of hurting no one, hurting no one, hurting no one, I'm hurting no one I wanna give you everything I wanna give you energy, I wanna give a good thing I wanna give you everything

-underworld

Thanx! I'm still waiting for the Exit lovers to bash me HEHE!!!!! Why cant it always be Friday! And Sunny lol.

smile.gif

MissDiva

------------------

..."Music is my life...and I just can't help it..Music is my life...It's the joy I feel inside"...

MissDiva19@aol.com

[This message has been edited by MissDiva (edited 11-28-2000).]

Originally posted by sonicgroov:

i agree kitty,

sometimes i feel afraid to ask certain questions or say certain things for fear of sounding stupid and out of date in this scene...we all didnt start at the same time, and i think with all this talk about unity and what not, we should all help each other out and give each other ideas on whats hot in the scene today...we could only learn from each other...just think of how awe struck someone will be when you tell them to listen to sandstorm for the first time....just like you were back then when you heard it for the first time...just spread the vibe, who cares how old it is...

thats all.

cwm30.gif peace out cwm30.gif

I agree, and I think everyone is entitled to their own opinion and no eveyone is gonna like the same club or the same songs, whats an old song to u or me , isnt to another person, theres still lots of old house/trance songs i love everytime i hear it. Not everyone is gonna agree with each other on this board, casue everyone is their own person, and has their own opinions. I dont think that comment about exit was bad that, that person made, casue its that persons opinion of the club in his/hers eyes and his/hers friends (don't know who made the comment was f or m)and i like exit, so when i read that comment, i didn't think it was bad.