Clubplanet Nightlife Community

sasha/lavelle review

both dj's performed true to form plus some...i came in at 2 something and sasha was already on, playing some of his soft floaty sounds, not too much of heavy breaks...when james came on (i think around 4 or so), he had a pretty cool drum build up - not sure if he put it together or whether it was a sample of a live dummer going wild for a few minutes. after he scared some ppl of the dancefloor with the drums, he started his set with the original mix of in a state and then we were in for a treat, as lavelle made his sounds heard, from the electric guitar rifts, to the breaks, down to his nasty, dirty, penetrating beats. i believe him and sasha mite have teamed for a few tracks, but then sasha got back on...(lavelle finished his set with sasha's remix-from gu26, not involver- of in a state)...and then sasha did his part, building up with his spacey and floaty stuff just to drop some deep sickness and of course mean breaks. the night finished off at around 7:15. both djs played a whole bunch of big anthems, Spektrum "Kinda new (tiefshwarz dub)(from sander's everybody 2), rmx of u2's where the streets have no names come to mind(but there were plenty more)...

how was the 18 and over crowd, you ask? well it worked out great...not sure if crobar made as much dough as on a reg sat because most of the tables upstairs were not bottled - i am not big on the bottle stuff in clubs, so for me it was great, cuz there werent many drunk rude assholes ruining everybody's night. on the dancefloor, where i was the entire nite, everybody was having a blast. yes, i saw some youngins acting there age, but that didnt phaze me - i was having too much fun.

somebody please id the last track, the encore one....i know i know it, but its like 10:15 and i am shot.

i like lavelle's track selection....but he doesn't mix his tracks well...he builds up a good energy with his kick-ass tracks...but he needs to find the flow betwen tracks to make a truly killer set...i was there to see sasha and i'm upset because i left after a 1/2 hour of lavelle because a couple of told me sasha was done for the night...whan an idiot i am!

Sasha was amazing, some of the tracks he put down were awesome. The only thing that bothered me was that there was no progression in his set. When I've seen him in the past, it was like the set was building to something, I didn't get that feeling last night. The sound system was awesome, but I feel that he was paying to much attention to the new gadgets on the Phazon systems, that something was missing, that I'm used to seeing in his sets.

crowd=> :duel: <= SASHA

he was simply fu#$*&g AMAZING

he absolutely takes mixing to a whole different level. the sounds and beats he gets out of that new equipment is not matched. also his train wrecking is CRAZYYY. i dont know why so many people bash sasha but im my opinion he still is the best dj out there

it was my second time hearing james and i can say i liked his set from last night better. he threw some classics and i enjoyed his funky/punk/dirty/nasty house

also i have to mention i felt a vibe last night which is kind of impossible to believe such a thing would happen at crobar. maybe its the 18+ thing. the crowd definatly was different from most crobar nights. i woul rate last night with four and 1/2 apples :)

i haven't had so much fun since arc and that DOES mean something

RE-DO experience FOR SURE :bounce::bj:

Once again I went to Crobar and have no recollection of it. I got way too trashed at the Pontiac party upstairs.. Who knew that champagne was included in the open bar.. I have a downfall when it comes to champagne.. So we drank up there until 12.. but I don't remember anything else after that..

Must stop drinking..

sasha/lavelle were both good. dark, hard beats and great mixes = :clap2: <3

however the two hour line that i stood in to get in, even when i bought advance tickets was :bigfinge: . honestly, it was completely disorganized to put everyone in one line...... and the crowd was definitely not the usual crobar crowd,

didn't get in until 2, but sasha came on soon after so all was good and the night ended well.

anyone have the complete track list?

Once again I went to Crobar and have no recollection of it. I got way too trashed at the Pontiac party upstairs.. Who knew that champagne was included in the open bar.. I have a downfall when it comes to champagne.. So we drank up there until 12.. but I don't remember anything else after that..

Must stop drinking..

LOL...i did that a few months ago...drank a shitload of vodka, then apparently saw waxman at crobar, danced my ass off...ate some shish kababs from a vendor when we left...and woke up in a bed at the W hotel in union square with a raging hangover...gotta stop drinking to blackout... :pint:

lavelle did whatever the fuck he wanted. wow. totally raped the crowd. im kinda scared of him. did anyone see his shirt? it said RAPE in red letters with glitter on it and thats precisely what he did.

a great night except all the fucking dicks who kept pushing ...too many people..def cant go to a night as big as this if its 18+ but it was an amazing night

laavelle is god

Disco...I expected you to be there!!!

Anyway, got inside around 2am...the line outside was down the block...omg...I wouldn't have waited 2 hours in that. Sasha was droppin those nice dark heavy proggy chill beats I LOVE. The floor was so packed I had to hang out on the stairs for a little bit and watch the crowd below. It was just a thick sea of people movin up & down.

I loved those giant round white balls hangin from the ceiling... and the projections on them & the screens were really nice, smooth, and dynamic. Finally went downstairs to the floor and walked around to the front of the stage, then Lavelle came on and spun what-was-it... ROCK N ROLL crap??? LOL... total disruption in Sasha's nice prog flow... omg, it was awful... I'm sorry, but I didn't like Lavelle at all... but he redeemed himself when he brought back the prog though. I think he would have made a better opening DJ because he totally messed up what Sasha started. Ackhhh... I still had fun hangin out with some crazy people I met... we were jumpin around throwing those lil 1 inch glow sticks all over the place...hehe... the area of the floor we were standing in was littered with those tiny glow sticks :) Oh, and the breaks were great to hear.

Was in the middle of the floor when the balloons dropped. It wasn’t some cheezy balloon drop either… it was a LOT of fun! lol… standing there looking up into the bright lights and seein dozens of black balloons poppin up from the crowd for a good 15 mins put a grin on my face :clap:

Rest of the night was nice… when Bigtop-Sub came on, I jumped up and got the boogie on again… :)

lavelle did whatever the fuck he wanted. wow. totally raped the crowd. im kinda scared of him. did anyone see his shirt? it said RAPE in red letters with glitter on it and thats precisely what he did.

a great night except all the fucking dicks who kept pushing ...too many people..def cant go to a night as big as this if its 18+ but it was an amazing night

laavelle is god

his shirt said BAPE as in "A Bathing Ape."

lavelle didn't even mix his tunes. utter shit dj.

sasha did some nice work though and crobar was on form too.

I loved Sashas set. he really wored Ableton to the max to accentuate and build up tracks his own way. Crobar was insanely packed, and the way they delt with the line could have been improved. And the guy who opened...i think his name was DJ Three...unbeleivable openign set. I enjoyed him as much as Sasha. Can't wait for S&D in April!

2nd time seeing sasha, 1st time seeing lavelle. lavelle needs to learn how to mix a track before he ever spins at crobar again. i was getting into sasha until he turned it over to lavelle, who would play a track, press "stop," put on next track, press "play." i could have gotten up there and done the same thing. thankfully sasha came back on, but by then he was either really high or really tired, b/c he could barely keep his eyes open and he was struggling to focus on mixing. sasha still did an excellent job and i'm glad he dropped "du what u du," sweet track.

I think that person is just confused as to what a trainwreck is...

haha, "bro, sasha didnt even beatmatch right, so he's such an awesome dj,"

i mean, isnt it obvious that the term "trainwreck" is a bad thing? considering the word "wreck" is in there?????? haha