Clubplanet Nightlife Community

questions for those who wear glasses or contacts:

weyes

my vision has gotten worse, and i went to the eye doctor yesterday for a checkup (1st one in 5 years). the glasses i have mess up my depth perception and i have to take them on and off intermittently when i do wear them, which is hardly ever --- but is increasing. i figured that i need a change in my prescription, and i wanna wear contacts if i have to wear something new.

turns out that, because i have astigmatism, contact lenses would be much more expensive. my insurance only covers $105 for contacts, and the contacts would be $355 (leaving me to pay $250!!!). it's mostly my right eye that's messed up; my left isn't all that bad, for what that's worth... glasses would be cheaper, the doc said, and he put on some temporary, in-office contraption to show me how they would be to see through, and my depth perception was ridiculously off. he said i'd adjust...

anycrap, i don't wanna wear glasses. they're obnoxious and annoying and a pain in the ass and i'm a vain brat :mad: ! does anyone here have astigmatism and contacts?

any other vision info is also appreciated :) .

my vision has gotten worse, and i went to the eye doctor yesterday for a checkup (1st one in 5 years). the glasses i have mess up my depth perception and i have to take them on and off intermittently when i do wear them, which is hardly ever --- but is increasing. i figured that i need a change in my prescription, and i wanna wear contacts if i have to wear something new.

turns out that, because i have astigmatism, contact lenses would be much more expensive. my insurance only covers $105 for contacts, and the contacts would be $355 (leaving me to pay $250!!!). it's mostly my right eye that's messed up; my left isn't all that bad, for what that's worth... glasses would be cheaper, the doc said, and he put on some temporary, in-office contraption to show me how they would be to see through, and my depth perception was ridiculously off. he said i'd adjust...

anycrap, i don't wanna wear glasses. they're obnoxious and annoying and a pain in the ass and i'm a vain brat :mad: ! does anyone here have astigmatism and contacts?

any other vision info is also appreciated :) .

check costco for prices.

seriously weyes, i just gpt new glasses made after 5 years and got my eye exm done and the doc told me i had the same thing you do. anyway, i determined that after these pairs (i got 2) these would be the last time i got glasses and would get lasix instead. i would have to pay $400 per eye, but i would not have to buy glasses ever again, so at the end it would end up being way cheaper.

i hate contacts, so that is why i choose to wear glasses. check your insurance, how much discount do you get if you use your insurance to get new contacts or glasses? 25%? it might end up being cheaper taking adavntadge of the stores discounts instead of using your insurance. some have buy one pair get another one free, etc.

check costco for prices.

dude if you get contacts at costco thats REALLLLLLLY bad...

weyes dont listen to this guy :laugh:

go to a PROFESSIONAL.......

i have a -10.25 and astigmatism. REALLY BAD EYESIGHT.. i pay about 350 for contacts. i usualy get 3 pairs. i also have a pair of glasses as well so figure the contacts will last me longer as well...

im supposed to dispose of them every 3 months....but i never do lol...i used to have the ones that u dispose of YEARLY but my eye develops too much protien over them so i had to go with the 3 month ones..

i LOVE my contacts, but being infront of a computer all day gets your eyes all dry and uncomfortable....i would get BOTH in my opinion....but i you really hate glasses, go for the contacts...if u take really good care of them they should last you longer than what your doctor says...

u can always go lasik as well....but i dont know if lasik cure astigmatisms yet.....if they do i stand corrected but i have not hear of such things yet....i know it corrects near/far sightedness

i have the same problem as you. i have astigmatism in my right eye also, but i wear contacts. my doc said i could get a special contact for that problem, but it isn't that neccesary unless i really can not see.. but i can see so fuck buyin contacts that are way more expensive...as long as u can see when u drive, normal contacts should be fine for our right eye astigmatism... :)

i have the same problem as you. i have astigmatism in my right eye also, but i wear contacts. my doc said i could get a special contact for that problem, but it isn't that neccesary unless i really can not see.. but i can see so fuck buyin contacts that are way more expensive...as long as u can see when u drive, normal contacts should be fine for our right eye astigmatism... :)
i'm confused --- you wear contacts that don't correct astigmatism, even though you have it, because it's not that bad? please elaborate; i think i didn't follow you right :worry: .

i can't see when driving at night. that is to say that i can get where i'm going if i know where i'm going, but if i have to read street signs and find a place, the only way i'll get there is if i drive 10mph and lean as close to the windshield as possible.

right now, at a jamba juice near you: weyes, squinting at the menu, trying to figure out which smoothie is which :shaky: .

and i don't think lasik is a good idea, or at least not yet. we don't know the long-term effects of it. it just hasn't been around long enough for me to have faith in it.