Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Thank you Bush

mdamon7278

Bring our troops home, nuke Iraq, take the oil and prices will go down and the economy will get better, there ya go :)

i agree with you to some degree.. but where i dont agree is to bringing our troops home .. untill the job that was sent out to do is done .. if they pull out in the middle of this then what was the point for us losing the soldiers we lost ? i know i know you are gonna say well then why arent you over there fighting .. well , cause i dont believe in alot of the shit the government does and im not gonna gonna go die for things we really have no idea are . we really dont ever know whats goin on . and thats that . now if shit happens here ? well , thats another story . but to go over there and fight for something you think you are fighting for and to later on find out its for something else ? no man , thats bullshit .. but if we are already over there , well finish the job !! just my $.02

i agree with you to some degree.. but where i dont agree is to bringing our troops home .. untill the job that was sent out to do is done .. if they pull out in the middle of this then what was the point for us losing the soldiers we lost ? i know i know you are gonna say well then why arent you over there fighting .. well , cause i dont believe in alot of the shit the government does and im not gonna gonna go die for things we really have no idea are . we really dont ever know whats goin on . and thats that . now if shit happens here ? well , thats another story . but to go over there and fight for something you think you are fighting for and to later on find out its for something else ? no man , thats bullshit .. but if we are already over there , well finish the job !! just my $.02

What we started, we finish, like always, Im with ya bro

tony..you are talking about apples I am talking about oranges..however, I am glad you responded because it proves the point that I am trying to make. MY REALITY IN 1999 was that my salary was cut by 25 percent due to medicare cuts. MY REALITY WAS that my profession, as a whole was decimated. MY REALITY WAS that in order to make a living to support myself with my enormous student loan was pack up and move away. THE REALITY FOR THOSE IN MY PROFESSION was that many found themselves without jobs and if they still had one, it was for a salary that few could survive on. UNFORTUNATELY, THE REALITY FOR THOSE OVER 65 WAS THAT THE REHABILITATIVE SERVICES AVAILABLE TO THEM WERE CUT BY OVER 50 PERCENT.

You see, the cuts were in attempt to minimize fraud and excess, however, my profession was "casualty of war".

Your post offers a justification and a view from your side. The view from my side is completely different. As i said, it all depends what side you are on. :)

you where speaking of medicare hence my reply regarding the same... so don't go about minimizing my point with some stupid cliche.

your reality is the same reality many people face in this country, whose salaries have been cut. you still have a job consider yourself fortunate, many people unemployed would love to be in your position. even with your 25% cut in salary.:) further what you consider to be a survivable salary is rather subjective at best. to me surviving is being more prudent, in your lifestyle when you need to. with regard to rehabilitative services, the cuts called into question the neediness of the services. the fact is Bill Clinton did not cut rehabilitative services by over 50%, so again you are distorting the facts. first you said medicare in a general sense, now you quantify your statement by saying rehabilitative services. I remember very clearly the debates, taking place in the house and senate regarding the same. the system was spiraling out of control. was the spiraling out of control Clinton’s fault?? I think not... however something had to be done, and unfortunately some things had to be cut.

making adjustments are just a fact of life, no one likes them but that is true reality in it's simplest form. you kick, cry, scream, and whatever …then you move on.. that's what i see on my side of the fence. :)

"making adjustments are just a fact of life, no one likes them but that is true reality in it's simplest form. you kick, cry, scream, and whatever …then you move on.."

tony, i cannot agree with you more. :)

it is this exact phrase that repeats itself in my head- every time someone complains how horrible life is here in the United States under the Bush administration :bowdown:

As posted by someone I wish i would've met and shared this board with..

#1 georgeacasta2

black power

image.php?u=90494&dateline=1057769282

icon14.gifHilarious dumb quotes from the dumbest President ever

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: OMG, this is soooooooooo funny.

Now, we talked to Joan Hanover. She and her husband, George, were visiting with us. They are near retirement - retiring - in the process of retiring, meaning they're very smart, active, capable people who are retirement age and are retiring.

- George W. Bush, Alexandria, Va., Feb. 12, 2003

[The Space Shuttle] Columbia carried in its payroll classroom experiments from some of our students in America.

- George W. Bush, Bethesda, Md., Feb. 3, 2003

And, most importantly, Alma Powell, secretary of Colin Powell, is with us.

- George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Jan. 30, 2003

The war on terror involves Saddam Hussein because of the nature of Saddam Hussein, the history of Saddam Hussein, and his willingness to terrorize himself.

- George W. Bush, Grand Rapids, Mich., Jan. 29, 2003

When Iraq is liberated, you will be treated, tried and persecuted as a war criminal.

- George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Jan. 22, 2003

One year ago today, the time for excuse-making has come to an end.

- George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Jan. 8, 2003

The goals for this country are peace in the world. And the goals for this country are a compassionate American for every single citizen. That compassion is found in the hearts and souls of the American citizens.

- George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Dec. 19, 2002

I think the American people - I hope the American - I don't think, let me - I hope the American people trust me.

- George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Dec. 18, 2002

There's only one person who hugs the mothers and the widows, the wives and the kids upon the death of their loved one. Others hug but having committed the troops, I've got an additional responsibility to hug and that's me and I know what it's like.

- George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Dec. 11, 2002.

In other words, I don't think people ought to be compelled to make the decision which they think is best for their family.

- George W. Bush, on smallpox vaccinations, Washington, D.C., Dec. 11, 2002

The law I sign today directs new funds and new focus to the task of collecting vital intelligence on terrorist threats and on weapons of mass production.

- George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Nov. 27, 2002

I know something about being a government. And you've got a good one.

- George W. Bush, campaigning for Gov. Mike Huckabee, Bentonville, Ark., Nov. 4, 2002

These people don't have tanks. They don't have ships. They hide in caves. They send suiciders out.

- George W. Bush, speaking about terrorists, Portsmouth, N.H., Nov. 1, 2002

:hoparound:spin:

"making adjustments are just a fact of life, no one likes them but that is true reality in it's simplest form. you kick, cry, scream, and whatever …then you move on.."

tony, i cannot agree with you more. :)

it is this exact phrase that repeats itself in my head- every time someone complains how horrible life is here in the United States under the Bush administration :bowdown:

it's safe to say most americans have no choice, but to deal with the reality of four more years of George Bush. hopefully we grow as a country in the interim, but that prospect seems rather distant at the moment.