Clubplanet Nightlife Community

JOE CLAUSSELL in the mix -video from spirit

If you think Howells got the crowd moving back at Arc. Joe can bring a crowd to tears from the joy of the the music. When he is behind the decks you loose your self to the music. I know a few DH fans that got moved harder by Clausell then I ever saw by Howells.

Not to be too negative, but I always got bored with Joe at Body & Soul...he would wreck the EQs, but after awhile it was too much and he was way too much on the tribal conga drum selection for too long....always just drum tracks

Week after week there was always that point where he would get on and go crazy with the EQs too much and a mass of people would call it a night and run to coat check...then at just about 10pm Francois K would could back on and blow it up... I'll never forget my favorite moment when he dropped Goldie's "Inner City Life"

best of luck to him though.

yo sandman believe me iwas in that crowd and every body was moving its just that people stop to watch joe work his magic thats all. Believe me of all the parties i go to and all the crowds im a part of NOBODY has as much fun as an entire room of BODY N SOUL/SHELTER/GARAGE/LOFT/718 SESSIONS people. There are there to dance.

yo sandman believe me iwas in that crowd and every body was moving its just that people stop to watch joe work his magic thats all. Believe me of all the parties i go to and all the crowds im a part of NOBODY has as much fun as an entire room of BODY N SOUL/SHELTER/GARAGE/LOFT/718 SESSIONS people. There are there to dance.

the garage is still open? :)

I understand some people do not get joe claussell, but the fact remains that he connects to his fans (a lot of people) in a way that i did not see anywhere else (and i've been around). it's really a spiritual experience; the man is a genius.

and yes, he plays lots of drums, and that got the whole vinyl to go insane. I cannot imagine the insanity of him playing for a whole night, with a good sound system, in NYC? This is going to be amazing!

backupqueen

NOBODY has as much fun as an entire room of BODY N SOUL/SHELTER/GARAGE/LOFT/718 SESSIONS people. There are there to dance.

I agree, there is a WORLD of difference between this crowd and the rest (crobar/spirit/...). The proof? Look a little bit around and check the age of some of the dancers...they've been around since _the beginning_. They LIVE for the music and this scene...it's not some 20 something y/o who just goes to 'the cool' club because it's in and that's what we do at this age, and then will move on to the next cool thing society says we are supposed to be doing at 30, 40,... no no no, this scene is moved by a real love for music and dancing.

hey im only 24yrs old myself but have much love and respect for history(LOVE SAVES THE DAY, KEEP ON DANCING, YOU BETTER WORK were great reads) to the people in their 30s n 40 even 50s who go out as much as me and dance even harder nbetter than myself. That shows LOVE FOR THE SCENE i love reading deephouse page and seeing some comments about how back in 83 this n that, and then seeong that it is 2004 now and the person writing this is still partying and keeping the scene alive while having a family and job as well.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I agree, there is a WORLD of difference between this crowd and the rest (crobar/spirit/...). The proof? Look a little bit around and check the age of some of the dancers...they've been around since _the beginning_. They LIVE for the music and this scene...it's not some 20 something y/o who just goes to 'the cool' club because it's in and that's what we do at this age, and then will move on to the next cool thing society says we are supposed to be doing at 30, 40,... no no no, this scene is moved by a real love for music and dancing.

And that is the major difference and a pefect explanation of what is goin on today.