Clubplanet Nightlife Community

oakenfold was incredible.......

Hey 'twiloman'!! Welcome to the board!! cwm1.gif hehehehe

Yes, Yes!!... Oakie was unfuckinbeleivable!! From minute 1, what a way to start his set... "Like an Animal", U2's "Beautiful Place", and so on and on deeper into what seemed to be one hell of a set... Tunes like PVD's "Rendezvous" (from his Tranceport days) and "Come with Me" (from his epic "Resident" @ Cream CD), at least for me and appearently for the rest of the crowd were the climax moments of the night... The combination of Oakenfold's anthemic trance and glorious tunes, with the two gigantic screens blazin visual graphics, along with the set of lights surrounding the screens were all OUT OF THIS WORLD!! cwm32.gif Underworld's Darren Emerson was pretty fuckin good as well.... Overall, What can I say!? It was one 'helluva' show!! It was worth every penny and more!!! Can't wait to do it all over again!! cwm12.gif

------------------

Peace, Love & Twilo for Everyone!!!

Equaliser-01.gifSpeaker-02.gif

"they wanna fight, we wanna dance"

Oakenfold was a great night....his set was ok...I've heard better from him, like in Singapore @ Zouk in July 1999.... cwm32.gif But what made the night memorable was partying with the cool people from the board that I met....Trippintrance64, Mikey_m, Aztec, Mysteriousss, Amalkav, Rachel1997, mareluna.... cwm1.gifcwm12.gifcwm20.gifcwm30.gifcwm34.gifcwm44.gif

They made a great night even greater and more memorable and I look forward to future meetups....thanks people! (Sorry if i missed including anyone inthis post)

Hooj

------------------

----------------------

"There is no way to happiness. Happiness is the way."

[This message has been edited by hooj (edited 11-28-2000).]

Guest danmoro

I thought it was a great night. Oakie was great, Darren Emerson was even better and the vibe was right on. Everybody in there knew what they were getting when they bought the ticket. It's more of a concert than a club. I prefer the all night/day Twilo experience more but since we're never going to get Oakie there, these nights will have to do.

I did think it was strange that he had his own stage and turntables though.

One more thing, where do you get one of those lights that spin around and spell out different things? How much do they go for? I know someone had one from ClubNYC.

------------------

Dan

Damn this post is so f@#%in late lol.... first off... i think we should make a petition and force oakey to play for us til the ass crack of dawn!!!! 2 hours is just NOT enough!!! cwm14.gif however, the 2 hours that he DID play... he fuckin rocked... amen!

secondly-- i wanted to thank everyone i met at oakenfold that nite-- trippintrance64, unbound, hooj, deanna11, matty!! (and erin!), mikey_m, az-tec, mysteriousss--- all of u were awesome ppl and i'm lookin forward to meeting up in the future!!!

peace!!! --daniela

ps i took a roll of film at oakey, i'll post em as soon as i get em back!!!

------------------

"Ooh baby, I feel like the music sounds better with you..." luna.gif

I got to experience Oakie for the first time in Philly Sat night, and he only played for 2 hours also.....what's up with that? I thought he was gonna be spinning for the whole nigt, a slight disappointment. He was good tho, the club was way too packed so didn't get to enjoy it as much, oh well.

Originally posted by twiloman:

for all you people that went to oakenfold, that was one helluva time. its 8am and i still feel like dancing. the downer is it ended too soon but it was still alot of fun...what did you guys think?

I love this guy's name.....two thumbs up baby....

------------------

"If there are two of us, I will gladly bite it in half....."

Oakenfold?? Incredible?? Are you sure you were at the right event?? cwm13.gif

Just Kidding!!! tongue.gif Hey, different strokes for different folks!

BlueAngel

------------------

“We come to love not by finding a perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly.” angel.gif

Originally posted by imaqtxoxo:

does anyone know the name of that kid/guy/girl whose signature had a big red or yellow ball with lightening going through it??? I ask because I saw someone wearing that logo on their shirt at Hammerstein....just curious smile.gif

I'm quite sure it's trippintrance64... for some reason he changed his self made logo, and built one with the words on my sig...

Looks good tho...

------------------

"That's the last time I ever do crystal meth, speed, heroin, pot, 12 cookies' worth of acid, ether, ecstacy, and cocaine in a four- hour period.

Or was that just Tranceport?"

Absolutely insane!!

Had a great time.

i never did make my way to meet any of the people on the board though. After waiting to check my coat for 45 min. I just wnated to get up there and dance, dance, DANCE. It was so damn crowded in that place i just didn't want to move form my spot.

Originally posted by twiloman:

Thanx tyco hahaha....yo let me know about those pictures whoever posted that...i wanna see them smile.gif anyway is anyone goin to twilo friday dec. 8th? im debating if i wanna go or not. thanx everyone for postin here. smile.gif

U know what Twiloman!??! I think U should defenetely stop thinking about it... Something tells me u should just GO!!!! hehehe cwm27.gifcwm35.gif

------------------

"That's the last time I ever do crystal meth, speed, heroin, pot, 12 cookies' worth of acid, ether, ecstacy, and cocaine in a four- hour period.

What a night! and i am still recovering from S&D Friday....both amazing! i will be honest, it was nice to here Oakie and his trancy set....been listening to so much progressive house, it was a nice change. Also loved that he dropped Rendezvous and Solar Stone---not expecting that! Looking around the crowd at that point, i wish i had a camera to remember everyone with hands up in the air bouncin...an unbelievable moment.

Darren Emerson kicked it well too! Loved his set before Oakie, and liked his dj abilities (ie. a little scratching, different music, and his ability to get with the crowd!)

Nuff said...

Originally posted by cookie_monster:

What a night! and i am still recovering from S&D Friday....both amazing! i will be honest, it was nice to here Oakie and his trancy set....been listening to so much progressive house, it was a nice change. Also loved that he dropped Rendezvous and Solar Stone---not expecting that! Looking around the crowd at that point, i wish i had a camera to remember everyone with hands up in the air bouncin...an unbelievable moment.

Darren Emerson kicked it well too! Loved his set before Oakie, and liked his dj abilities (ie. a little scratching, different music, and his ability to get with the crowd!)

Nuff said...

Hey man, TOTALLY agree...

------------------

HAHA mp3some smile.gif i think i am gonna go but im def. goin the 22nd to see sasha and digweed. man i LOVE NY now. thanx to a bunch of awesome fucking people i met this semester. can't wait to go again. actually, anyone wanna go now? im up for twilo haha...if only it were friday....