Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Congrats to djjonstephen for winning CP Fantasy Baseball 2005!

Codica3

It's that time again! :)

Everyone get to registering, I set up the league already.

League Name: Clubplanet

ID#: 18770

Password: dannyhowells

Draft Type: Autopick Draft

Max Teams: 12

Scoring Type: Head-to-Head

Player Universe: All baseball

Max Moves: No maximum

Max Trades: No maximum

Trade Reject Time: 2

Trade End Date: August 14, 2005

Waiver Time: 2 days

Can't Cut List Provider: Yahoo! Sports

Trade Review: Commissioner

Min Innings Pitched: 7

Weekly Deadline: Daily - Tomorrow

Start Scoring on: Week 1

Roster Positions: C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, OF, OF, Util, SP, SP, RP, RP, P, P, P, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, DL, DL

Stat Categories: R, HR, RBI, SB, K, AVG, W, SV, HR, K, ERA, WHIP

:bounce::bounce::bounce:

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A couple of things I wanted to get opinions on from the rest of the group regarding some of the categories:

Hitter's categories: I don't think k's are a significant offensive category. There are plenty of great players who strike out a lot. These days OPS% (on base% + slugging%) is usually the most important statistic that batters are measured by. Anyone else think we should replace the k's with OPS??

Pitchers categories: I don't think hr's allowed is a good pitching category. Runs are runs, and whether they come by hr's, singles, or walks shouldn't matter. Maybe we should have a different category instead? (BAA - Batting Avg Against?)

Thoughts??

A couple of things I wanted to get opinions on from the rest of the group regarding some of the categories:

Hitter's categories: I don't think k's are a significant offensive category. There are plenty of great players who strike out a lot. These days OPS% (on base% + slugging%) is usually the most important statistic that batters are measured by. Anyone else think we should replace the k's with OPS??

Pitchers categories: I don't think hr's allowed is a good pitching category. Runs are runs, and whether they come by hr's, singles, or walks shouldn't matter. Maybe we should have a different category instead? (BAA - Batting Avg Against?)

Thoughts??

I kinda wanted to put K's for batters up because I wanted batters who struck out a lot to be penalized.. guys that can hit mad homeruns but strike out every other time they get up should not get all the points over a batter that may hit less homeruns but doesn't strike out at all but instead hits into a ground out that moves forward a player to second or third, etc.. like for example Soriano when he was on his year with the Yanks - the guy struck out all the time, and I think a batter with maybe not as much power should be rewarded for striking out less consistently.. and as far as the pitching category, I just wanted to make the categories even so I just picked whatever.. we can definitely change that one if you want. But for the batters.. I dunno if all of you don't like the K's then I guess we can change it but I need some good reasonings. If you really want we can do whatever.

as long as the people involved participate, who cares?

last year we had like four or so teams not even really participate and it just made for a league that was decent at best

You have a good point... But with 8 your are probably going to have 1 or 2 that will slack. Which leaves us with 6 or 7 competitive teams.

If we get a few more. The ratio of teams participating to those that are not participating should increase... I would hope.

What up everyone? this is my first post and i have to admit i was damn happy to see so many sports fans on this site, as well as a fantasy baseball league. im in....

i think the scoring should be traditional head to head, 5x5....but whateva

piece

Great Having ya!

Welcome Aboard!