Clubplanet Nightlife Community

How Do You Think Morales Did?

not music wise, bro............... but it's okay thou........... good job on not playin hip hop on fridays anymore at joeys. LET THE EVIL KIRK OUT AND DROP SICK PROGRESSIVE TRIBAL............

Kirk's had residencies at DJais and Joeys for longer than youve been itchin the kitch. keep itchin

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's good to see that your "typical" jersey crowd may not be so typical on sat nights at deko, considering the "typical" jersey crowd would not know the difference between house, techno, club, main stream, etc...

it's good to see that there is some where in jersey that hasnt sold out to some lame ass crowd and really does do their best to bring in REAL talent...

so, the good thing about everyone hating on the morales situation at deko is this... DONT COME TO SESSIONS AND TRY TO PULL THE WOOL OVER OUR EYES

we DO know the difference between good and bad music...

keep your commercial shit off our dance floor

no offense to Morales, he is a great DJ but it's a shame he under estimated his audience... im sure the next time around he will blow our minds :)

It was my first time out listening to Morales live and was very disappointed & went for the soul purpose & anticipation of hearing good music. I've heard him on several cd's that i liked which encouraged me to check him out so i'd definitely check him out again given the chance. i saw several peeps that i havn't seen in a while so it was all good going out.

And said he got a bad review, and said he played commercial stuff, I would have to say that Matt Reid hit it on the head. I have met David and been a big fan of his for a long time. He probably wasn't getting the response he wanted from the crowd and switched it up. He is from the old school of djing and likes to please the crowd. And he is a pretty mainstream vocal remixer when you think about it. Mariah-Dreamlover, Pet Shop Boys-NY City Boy, Bad Yard Club-In De Ghetto, etc. I did catch him at Liquid during WMC back in the day and he blew the roof off the joint. Hopefully he will come back to DEKO and really throw down. I would never hold one set against a DJ/Remixer, especially one with a Grammy under his belt. I'm sure his afterhours sets at Discotech are totally different than the DEKO set.