Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Nic Fanciulli/Bill Patrick @ Spirit, Fri 2/25

spirit-0225-f.jpg

Through Club-Class, Nic has gained massive respect from DJs across the spectrum. His style weaves through all levels of house; laced with deep tech grooves, acid b-lines and jackin' dark beats. Xpress2 proclaimed him their tip for the top in October 2002, whilst Tong said he was the finest resident in the UK as well as props from Yousef, Deep Dish, Morillo and Lawler along the way.

$10 before midnight on the Clubplanet guestlist.

INDIVIDUAL SIGN-UPS ONLY (+1s not permittted).

http://www.clubplanet.com/guestlists/?gl=1824

Spirit

530 West 27th Street

(btw 10th & 11th Avenues)

For those that missed this, shame on you!

Quality night! Music was spot on for nearly the entire night - each time I considered leaving Nic dropped yet another brilliant tune.

Unbelievable sound system, actually had goosebumps at one point when the bass kicked in.

Loved the washing machine track. Pete Tong played it on the Essential Selection on Friday afternoon too, and I was actually thinking how bizarre the lyrics were. But the tune is awesome!

Favourite tune of the night was at 4.45am though, but unfortunately I have no idea what it was. Sounded kind of like a 70s theme rehashed. I turned to my mate and said this is going to be fucking huge, and he just said "it already had been". So I don't know if it was a remix of an older track. Stupidly I forgot to ask what it was and now he can't remember. Please, if anyone has any ideas then let me know?!?!?!

Only downside for me was the number sleazy asian guys. By no means do I want to put them all in the same bracket, but we were with a couple of asian girls and spent half the time trying to stop them getting harrassed. Not ideal when there was dancing to be done.......

Other than that, a great night, Bill & Nic we salute you, and roll on next time!!

Somebody described it as funky tech house, which I guess is a reasonable description.

I can see why some people wouldn't like it, but I really enjoyed it. Crowd pretty much sucked, and I didn't really like Spirit as a venue, but the music kept me dancing, so each to their own.

Somebody described it as funky tech house, which I guess is a reasonable description.

I can see why some people wouldn't like it, but I really enjoyed it. Crowd pretty much sucked, and I didn't really like Spirit as a venue, but the music kept me dancing, so each to their own.

like Glaude?