Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Base/Cover Up

MysticRain

I hate wearing base....but sometimes I need to sooo.

What is a good...very light weight non liquid base that does well on covering up those blemishes and also helps with dry skin? And how do you match it to your skin? Try it on your arm or some shit? LOL....should I ask one of those pushy ladies at a make-up counter? Help.

i hate wearing base makeup too.....but during that time of the month when i break out it's necessary...for me i think MAC works the best it's very light PLUS......it's the only line that i could find a shade that matches my skin tone (i'm dark olive complected)......when you're trying out shades i think the best place is the top part of your wrist....the other side hardly gets sun and so it never really is a good match to your face.

Ladies, now I have a question. I've been using Clinique city base foundation. It's like liquid and powder in one. Do you think MAC is lighter than this because I've been using this for years but would love to try something new. People always told me MAC foundation was real heavy. Raincry which one do you use?

Ladies, now I have a question. I've been using Clinique city base foundation. It's like liquid and powder in one. Do you think MAC is lighter than this because I've been using this for years but would love to try something new. People always told me MAC foundation was real heavy. Raincry which one do you use?

i couldn't compare it because i haven't used clinique. i got hooked on MAC a long time ago and i've stuck with it....i hate heavy foundations.....the whole point of it is that it looks like your natural skin. i use the select tintM3H2_261.jpg it's very sheer. i use this mostly when i'm going out and don't really want to worry about touching up. for everyday wear i use the studio fix powder and it provides a light cover up that i want and matches my skin tone perfectly which can be difficult to achieve with other lines.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't use base anymore, but when I did, Prescrpitives Traceless was really light and soooo natural looking. It's also water based, so it won't make you break out more. It provides just the right amount of coverage without you looking "done."

I like mac and I know alot of my friends use it.......I'd rather go to one of those pushy sales ladies to get my make-up, I know they are annoying but they match your make-up well (I am horrible doing it myself its always off color).

I have a question to:

I break out during that time of the month to, I try to use a acne medication but I still seem to break out....anyone else find a way to calm their flare ups during that time of the month?

I like mac and I know alot of my friends use it.......I'd rather go to one of those pushy sales ladies to get my make-up, I know they are annoying but they match your make-up well (I am horrible doing it myself its always off color).

I have a question to:

I break out during that time of the month to, I try to use a acne medication but I still seem to break out....anyone else find a way to calm their flare ups during that time of the month?

I use Netrogena Rapid Clear Acne Defense Face Lotion under my moisturizer and makeup, and it works wonders for me. Also, make sure to use a water-based foundation and/or concealer.

I don't use base anymore, but when I did, Prescrpitives Traceless was really light and soooo natural looking. It's also water based, so it won't make you break out more. It provides just the right amount of coverage without you looking "done."

i was going to suggest that, also prescriptives virtual skin is good too! the good thing about them is they color print you more accurately than any other counter. they can also custom blend color. i used to be one of those pushy cosmetic sales ppl :)

I have a question to:

BEST BEAUTY SECRET!!! Cetpahil face wash for sensitive skin available at CVS!!! I used to use expensive prodcust from clinique and pevonia and now i spend $10 and have never been happier. This stuff is great and doesn't dry out your skin, leaves it nice and silky smooth and is great for sudden breakouts.