Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Dear Jonathan Peters,

jonathan peters is a DJ first then a producer....not the other way around ...maybe no one can name a "good production" from jp within the past 4 years because in all honesty you dont have much to choose from....but what i want to know is for those who hate jp do u think ANY of his productions are good? cuz i get the feeling that if a track has JP's name on it you guys automatically come out and say it sucks........

this is the first time where jp said he was going to concentrate on being a producer so like danihawk said maybe everyone should just zip it until we start seeing what the man can do when he's not busy holding down a weekley residency.....

and i must say this shit is really getting old here....all you people do is knock jp for his crowd, for him not being internationally known, blah blah blah.....no one can ever give concrete, valid reasons why the man supposedly "sucks".....does jp have any control over what random idiot shows up to one of his parties? NO has jp ever tried to go international and failed? NO the man has never even tried ...how are you gonna knock him for something that he's never even attempted to do before?

granted theres a chance if jp went international he wouldnt make it BUT on the flip side id like to see any international dj get a residency spin atleast a 10 hour set every single week and bring in a huge crowd weeek in and week out and continue to keep up the #'s for 7 years.......

**last but not least

what im dying to know is for all the jp haters...pleaseeeee enlighten me on who ur favorite dj is??

no one can ever give concrete, valid reasons why the man supposedly "sucks".....

i completly agree with you that there is no real critique going on so far. it seems to be empty one-liners complaints after another, no depth to the discussion whatsoever: pointless.

i'm not a jp fan, but i understand what you mean. jp has is fans, i'm happy for them and i don't need them to agree to whatever i'm into...they choose to listen to jp, i choose to listen to something else...no need for me to look into someone else's plate and go 'eewww you eat this?'

as i said, a constructive, rich, detailled, interesting critique is always welcome, but the 'he sucks because <insert pointless reason here>' 1 liner is completely lame.

quit.

i completly agree with you that there is no real critique going on so far. it seems to be empty one-liners complaints after another, no depth to the discussion whatsoever: pointless.

i'm not a jp fan, but i understand what you mean. jp has is fans, i'm happy for them and i don't need them to agree to whatever i'm into...they choose to listen to jp, i choose to listen to something else...no need for me to look into someone else's plate and go 'eewww you eat this?'

as i said, a constructive, rich, detailled, interesting critique is always welcome, but the 'he sucks because <insert pointless reason here>' 1 liner is completely lame.

quit.

thank you....theres so many dj's that i cant stand but do i waste my time making childish idiotic comments about them no?....im not saying people shouldnt be able to voice their opinion on a dj but atleast say something intelligient ....i guess thats asking for too much.......its not like threads like this are gonna make people change their minds on whether or not they like a dj....and im all for joking around but these people need some new material because its sooooooooo old...get over it people ...please

Look, I usually avoid these discussions but I've seen JP many times and when I have, it's been 70% off and 30% on. When he is on, he is really really good. But I'm too old and off drugs to wait until 8am for him to start getting serious.

Jim Heinz has had a major hand in all of his productions, that's a good point. But for all you peeps that see a song w/ the name 'Tiesto' or whoever on it, be aware that 90% of these big guys have a team of people that screen tracks sent to them, buy the rights to them, and then release them under their own name.

Guest distort909

I was never a jp fan. But I have to be honest i started to like him when he moved over to spirit................ i would go there around 5 or so to see ma girl kristi & fuckin have a blast till we left................ I couldnt believe how much fun the party was & i couldnt believe he was actually playing techno.......... i was very impressed at his diversity.................. that in my book makes for an excellent DJ.

but in all honesty i never liked sound factory thats why i stayed away from his parties & back then i dont believe he played alot of techno...............

but i like the jp of today. I guess ts becaues of the techno sound he has implemented into his style..............................

But i agree not every one will like everything.............

for instance i dont like dt, sasha & alot of the DJ's you guys think are good.

we all have different tastes.

sorry to ask this question but can i ask how old are ya? and how long ya been goin out alxmayz, i mean no harm just curious.

I'm 25 and ive been going out for 8 years...and I dont really frequent clubs as often as I used to..

what scene did you hit up mostly, cause i dont know got milk personally but from i read he tends to start drama. Was gonna say that maybe he will try to answer you in a wrong way or something. But then again like i said i dont him so it was just a thought which is why i said nevamind lol.

what scene did you hit up mostly, cause i dont know got milk personally but from i read he tends to start drama. Was gonna say that maybe he will try to answer you in a wrong way or something. But then again like i said i dont him so it was just a thought which is why i said nevamind lol.

started out at Tunnel when Baez and DT were there then SF for JP from 98-02, I liked Twilo when Sasha and Digweed came at the end of each month, Sven Vath when he spun on 3rd week of every month, my highlight in Twilo was DT vs Carl Cox def one of my top 5 evens ever, Vynil sometimes but I couldnt stand DT's crowd, Limelight Fridays etc...been to WMC for the past 5 years etc etc...I just wanted to see what this kid considered music and maybe have an intellegent convo bc with all the hating happening I havent seen one valid point from this kid

He isnt djing at Spirit because he lost his talent. His pots & pans bullshit is over. Hes washed up. He sucks. live with it. The only reason anyone went to SF was to do massive amounts of drugs. He lost yet another residency and now you can't blame it on another DJ or the club closing. he fucking sucks. :gang::vomit2:

AND REMEMBER MOST IMPORTANTLY I USED TO BE A BIG FAN.

He isnt djing at Spirit because he lost his talent. His pots & pans bullshit is over. Hes washed up. He sucks. live with it. The only reason anyone went to SF was to do massive amounts of drugs. He lost yet another residency and now you can't blame it on another DJ or the club closing. he fucking sucks. :gang::vomit2:

i dont know how u were ever a fan with words like that, sounds to me like JP did something to u and u have a vendetta against him or something.. by the way in ur incredibly grammatical, insightful input, there is not one piece of information that is worth analyzing...

he didn't lose his residency..he left on his own terms and will be back at Spirit or wherever he chooses to go on a monthly basis later on...and as far as his talent/mixing I haven't heard one specific or intelligent arguement from all the haters which basically tells me about their music knowledge or lack thereof...

p.s btw he spun pots and pans aka tech all night back in 2001...now he plays a lot more progressive then he used to with tribal tech here and of course his signature traks....

:gang: Keep Your negative thoughts to yourself

First I would like to say, everyone has a right to their own opinion.

However this persons opinion as well as others that support him has no reasoning they all sound like disgruntled former JP fans. And that is why this thread has gotten so long, is because deep down all you haters used to love JP and probably still do... well I say stop hatin, cause us true fans don't care about you losers, especially when you have nothing to back up your arguments with.