Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Erick Morillo

I haven't heard much talk about him - anybody else dig this guy?

Disk 2 from MOS's House Nation America has had me groovin' all afternoon at work.

------------------

you can judge the quality and content of one's character by the way they treat someone that can do nothing for them...

He sure rips up centro-fly every thursday night, He also sure made an international name for himself in ibiza this summer. I also love disc 2 of HNA, the first time I heard it I was like 'yes, a centro fly thurdsay soundtrack!!'

Peace, Michael, who will be at C-F on thursday

------------------

"Puff, Puff, Pass"

Guest crystalmethodny

Eric is an amazing DJ and Producer.

Go to Centro Fly Thursdays for his Subliminal Sessions.

smile.gif

------------------

"We're going to build things up slowly... are you with me? Here we go."

"I think of you, how I used to do on Sunday Afternoons."

www.extremegroove.com

If y'all dig Erick, be sure to check out his partner in crime - Richard F... and yeah - B2B, the rest of the Subliminal crew rocks as well. Trivia question (B2B, I'm sure you know the answer): name who's Erick's partner on the production of the legendary "Reach" track by "Lil 'Mo' Ying Yang"?

------------------

"House music... it can change your soul."

"The second most popular game that we played as children... is house."

"Not everyone understands house music... it's a spiritual thing, a body thing, a soul thing."

I have been trying to get my ass to CF on Thursdays for weeks now, but shit always seems to get in my way. Either drinks, or dank or my own laziness...

What time does Morillo usually go on?

------------------

you can judge the quality and content of one's character by the way they treat someone that can do nothing for them...

Originally posted by back2basics:

He is very big in Europe.

Just like David Hasselhof biggrin.gif

Seriously though, he totally rocks. Centro is the bomb on thursdays. 'specially this week, Morillo and Morales. They brought the house down at centro over the summer. I think I'll hafta attend again.

------------------

BAC

BACMirror.gif

If a man does not keep pace with his companions,

perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer.

This is what I don't get....Morillo is f'n awesome and one of the reasons I'm moving to NY (Roger Sanchez another)....whenever he's played here he's rocked, the first time scheduled to play from 2am until 7am, finished @ 9am...next time s'posed to play from 2am until 9am and played until 11am....met him after the first time (I worked at the club where he played) and he was totally pumped at how the crowd was into it! Tho it's going to funk with my (work) world that he's @ centro fly thursday nites!

cwm12.gifcwm20.gifcwm30.gifcwm29.gif

------------------

hapfac01.gif I'm dreaming of a white christmas------------------------> boa_boy@yahoo.com

Originally posted by boa_boy:

This is what I don't get....Morillo is f'n awesome and one of the reasons I'm moving to NY (Roger Sanchez another)....whenever he's played here he's rocked, the first time scheduled to play from 2am until 7am, finished @ 9am...next time s'posed to play from 2am until 9am and played until 11am....met him after the first time (I worked at the club where he played) and he was totally pumped at how the crowd was into it! Tho it's going to funk with my (work) world that he's @ centro fly thursday nites!

cwm12.gifcwm20.gifcwm30.gifcwm29.gif

wot I started to stay and got distracted was that nooone talks about him or Sanchez much......which thinking about it is good because it means that every man and his dog won't be there when he plays (like S&D or PVD).....

sssssshhhhhh everyone stop posting about Morillo wink.gif

------------------

hapfac01.gif I'm dreaming of a white christmas------------------------> boa_boy@yahoo.com

IMO, Roger Sanchez is one of the top 5 DJs in the world. I don't get it either why no one talks much about him. He only spins here once every 2 months or so. Morrillo though is almost every week except during summer when he's in Ibiza so much. He's sick too, but Roger's in a world of his own

See y'all on Thursday. biggrin.gif

BTW, there's a Twilo meetup every week on this board. When are we going to have a Centro meetup?

JohnB

B2B> I knew you'd answer correctly; and those Masters are my favorite DJ/producer pair as well... concerning RS, saw him this summer at Cafe Mambo spinning a complimentary set; and you know how close you can get to the DJ there... suffice to say I saw the technical skills in action! And he's a cool-as-shit guy as well.

------------------

"House music... it can change your soul."

"The second most popular game that we played as children... is house."

"Not everyone understands house music... it's a spiritual thing, a body thing, a soul thing."

good shit Morillo AND Sanchez - i dig them both - NO DOUBT. i dig S&D, PVD and the rest, but nothing like some house with some flava to dance your ass off to.

i am in for a meet-up for thursdays. i haven't had anyone to go with. time? location?

------------------

this is really fucked up!! i was gonna ask that same question for real!! i had a friend that used to "date" him, whatever you want to call it. i've been itching to hear him - he was out in the hamptons this summer but i missed it, i think it was labor day weekend. anyway, thursdays i don't go out in the city but maybe i'll make an exception if there's no surgery on a fri where i work....

------------------

jumpdei.gif Boink like a bunny!!!

ssssssssshhhhhhhhhhh every body, we don't want the masses to find out....it can be out little secret wink.gif

Sanchez is top 5ish, Morillo is top 10 btw

When Sanchez plays is it on Thursday nite as well?

------------------

If anyone wants to try a meetup, I will wander over to the seats right at the top of the steps from the bathroom around 1. I'm tall and skinny with brown hair. My pic is somewhere on that thread. Don't know what I'll be wearing, but definitely black pants and black shoes.

Roger spins there on Saturdays when he's there. Anybody know when he's due next?

JohnB