Clubplanet Nightlife Community

reviews of derrick carter/bad boy bill at avalon?

Derrick Carter is the Best American DJ if not the Best house dj in the world, Hands Down.

I'm not a trainspotter, but his set fucking blew me away once again.

Amazing Basslines that just flowed and pounded all night. And good, uplifiting chicago house, not that Dark NYC or garage crap. And not that silly chicago stuff like bill spins.

It's a shame about the drama that happened with bad boy bill, but the club was packed for his set. Not his best set at all. He is touring too much, and his sets are getting very repetative. 75% of his tracks i remember from his set in NOV.

When he finished at 3:30, the crowd began to thin out, and derrick took over. Half the people did not even know who derrick was or why he was spinning.

Club was packed for badboy bill, saw a big fistfight on the dancefloor, it was a horrible crowd, very young clubbers, most of them were under 22 years old. Once derrick came on it was like a new crowd had showed up, friendly people, great dancers, and great vibes till his set ended sometime right after 6.

Yeah,

But i heard that bill has a stipulation in his contract that he must be the headliner.

I'm sure derrick was cool with that though. Seems to be one of the most laid back dj's on the planet.

sounds like a bad boy ego... guess its how it goes... is he really that bad ass anymore? oh, what happened to DJ Funk?

totally agree, derrick is the best american dj & possibly the best house dj alive.

i only wish he'd play nyc more, its always unpredictable when/where he'll come.

loved his avalon set last summer.

seen him all over, centrofly, blue in miami, on a boat on the hudson!!

i hope the promoters bring him back more often, i will go.

i think those that know derrick rate him at the top.

we need him in nyc more!!!

he's the only house dj i'm dying to hear, and i cant see it happening for a wile yet.

the classic music company have been releasing robably the best house music on vinyl at the minute. dont know wat i'm gonna do when the reach their 100th release and stop!

mmm the music saturday night was soooo good. derrick carter is the man .. bbb as well :)

the crowd.. hmm not many dancers? and not many people that i knew.. i had fun dancing with my friends all night but i didnt see an circles or big groups of people dancing..

First time i saw him was DEMF 2001, and ever since then i have struggled to find out where and when he is spinning out, but that is one of the things that I think are pretty cool.

There is never alot of promotion, or a web site or anything like that. To a small degree, you just sort of have to be in the know.......and you get rewarded with some of the best house music on the planet.

mmm the music saturday night was soooo good. derrick carter is the man .. bbb as well :)

the crowd.. hmm not many dancers? and not many people that i knew.. i had fun dancing with my friends all night but i didnt see an circles or big groups of people dancing..

I thought i recognized you from your sig