Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What is vinyl? (aim convo)

from a short aim coversation today - i had to just laugh :screwy:

USER: where do uhave the mp3

dj liqid: on vynil only - i dont do the file share mp3 thing

USER: i wood love to have on on a cd

USER: so u have mp3 on ur pc now

dj liqid: dude can you read? hahah i just said on vynil only - i dont do the file share mp3 thing

USER: what is vynil

dj liqid: vinyl - like records - its what djs use with music on them

USER: ok

dj liqid: that big round black looking disk about 12" in diameter lol

USER: so u have hundred records

dj liqid: way more then that

dj liqid: only stuff i have on cd is promo items from local and abroad djs / producers - not commercail stuff - these are tracks they produced for djs to play, not for record stores

im sorry but icant belive the ignorance of some people

they just dont take time to learn

:idea:

How would you describe the perfect way to handle records? I enjoy going to shops to listen to some records and get a CD, but i wanna make sure my record etique is up to par. Anyone care to lend a word or two?

:idea: Treat the records like you all ready own them, and want nothing to happen to them.

You are not serious are you?

How would you describe the perfect way to handle records? I enjoy going to shops to listen to some records and get a CD, but i wanna make sure my record etique is up to par. Anyone care to lend a word or two?

well we have one simple rule in our shop.

if your going to use your feet take your shoes off but NOT your socks!!

its just a store here in derry, ireland, called cooldiscs. i'm not in here too long, but ive been shopping here the guts of ten years.

:idea:

:idea: Treat the records like you all ready own them, and want nothing to happen to them.

You are not serious are you?

I mean i dont take them out the sleves and play frisbee with my mates. I was just sayin ... maybe there is a special way of putting it back. ahh fuck it, imma just start handling them after eating a huge bag of lays greezeee chips

I would say just don't fingerprint them or scratch them, the first time I went vinyl shopping was at Yoshitoshi and I thought the whole store was watching me but of course it was all in my head.

Most of all, enjoy yourself!

from a short aim coversation today - i had to just laugh :screwy:

USER: where do uhave the mp3

dj liqid: on vynil only - i dont do the file share mp3 thing

USER: i wood love to have on on a cd

USER: so u have mp3 on ur pc now

dj liqid: dude can you read? hahah i just said on vynil only - i dont do the file share mp3 thing

USER: what is vynil

dj liqid: vinyl - like records - its what djs use with music on them

dj liqid: that big round black looking disk about 12" in diameter lol

USER: so u have hundred records

dj liqid: way more then that

dj liqid: only stuff i have on cd is promo items from local and abroad djs / producers - not commercail stuff - these are tracks they produced for djs to play, not for record stores

im sorry but icant belive the ignorance of some people

they just dont take time to learn

you're so fucking industry :rolleyes:

big deal the kid didn't know what vinyl was...not everyone is a big time, rock-star dj like yourself. maybe instead of being a wise ass to him you could have took some time to teach the kid a little...

it's people like YOURSELF who are killing the scene

Guest onisakura

I haven't gone record shopping in ages but i handle them by the outside edges so i dont leave any fingerprints on them. I always put them back in the inside sleeves, you have no idea how many i have picked up that people dont bother doing that with. Then when i put them on the platter, i dont just plop it on then feel around for the hole....ive seen big name djs do this at Grooveman on SoBe and i really HATE it when i buy records that have the labels all scratched up.

Talk about ignorant - Paris Hilton asked a friend of mine what a "remix" was after she asked for some '80s music at Space one night.