Clubplanet Nightlife Community

3/26: Opium Garden or Crobar

Sat. 3/26: I'm torn between going to see Carl Cox @ Crobar or X-mix @ Opium Garden.

Which club is a better "must see"? Which is a better place to go if I don't want to get a VIP, but still be able to enjoy the club?

I found it odd that Opium Garden was only $20 on wanttickets webstie.

Thanks

I've never been to the one in NY - but its very similar. I thought its a great looking club - very open - tons of room - has another area that is like a seperate club w/in the club that has different music. Its not exactly an intimiate setting - but if you like big clubs - you should like this

BTW - its a hell of a lot better than Space (even though the patio rocks)

I've been to Crobar in NY & i like the layout. Why does the miami crobar suck? Is it the space?

I LOVE Crobar in NYC... really like the one in Chicago too. Miami Crobar is nothing like the other 2.

Just dont like the Maimi one... kinda small 4 the massive events that go on in there, takes 4ever to get a drink, just a shitty layout, sound is mediocre, doorguys are fucking TOOLS - counting how many girls your with etc.

I've never been to the one in NY - but its very similar. I thought its a great looking club - very open - tons of room - has another area that is like a seperate club w/in the club that has different music. Its not exactly an intimiate setting - but if you like big clubs - you should like this

BTW - its a hell of a lot better than Space (even though the patio rocks)

Your way off dude, its nothing like the nyc one. hahaha not even close.

I've been to both NY & Miami Crobars and I don't think they are similiar at all. Crobar in NYC is my favorite club and the one in Miami ranks pretty low after that. My main issue with the Miami one is the clusterfuck at the door. I've never had a problem getting in but it seems like its pick & choose who gets in there.

Takes a really long time to get drinks there and its smaller than the one in NYC.

I've been to both NY & Miami Crobars and I don't think they are similiar at all. Crobar in NYC is my favorite club and the one in Miami ranks pretty low after that. My main issue with the Miami one is the clusterfuck at the door. I've never had a problem getting in but it seems like its pick & choose who gets in there.

Takes a really long time to get drinks there and its smaller than the one in NYC.

exactly

If you don't want VIP Opium is the place to go since it is an outside venue. When I am at Crobar I have always had VIP. I personally love the upstairs VIP and think the main room is just average.

Any reviews on Mark Farina? (he is at Opium 3/26) I am going to Vegas 4/9 and he will be at the club I am going to.

I LOVE Crobar in NYC... really like the one in Chicago too. Miami Crobar is nothing like the other 2.

Just dont like the Maimi one... kinda small 4 the massive events that go on in there, takes 4ever to get a drink, just a shitty layout, sound is mediocre, doorguys are fucking TOOLS - counting how many girls your with etc.

Sorry - just going off of what I've heard

But if you think Crobar in Chicago is great you have serious issues - I lived there my whole life - place is by far the worst of the 3 (asuming NY is #1). Its a closet compared to the one in Miami and the crowd is horrible

Sat. 3/26: I'm torn between going to see Carl Cox @ Crobar or X-mix @ Opium Garden.

Which club is a better "must see"? Which is a better place to go if I don't want to get a VIP, but still be able to enjoy the club?

Thanks

in my personal opinion, i've been to both,and i like opium better...much better setting than crobar,i think...i'm torn between opium and amika for that night...can't decide...

both places are picky as hell, when it comes to letting people in..i like opium better....

Thanks

did you notice that it says for opium from 2pm-2am...does that mean they close at 2am...can't be.....?

did you notice that it says for opium from 2pm-2am...does that mean they close at 2am...can't be.....?

I went to 2 parties there last year and the cops showed up numerous times. They had to turn the music way down and chill til they left. It was like a damn house party. Opium has no roof and it is near a residential area. I wouldn't be surprised if they are forced to shut down by 2 because of the noise ordinance.

I went to 2 parties there last year and the cops showed up numerous times. They had to turn the music way down and chill til they left. It was like a damn house party. Opium has no roof and it is near a residential area. I wouldn't be surprised if they are forced to shut down by 2 because of the noise ordinance.

oh that really sucks but thanks for the info I'll be sure to stay away from Opium..wtf wants to be out of a club at 2 AM....not me that's for sure.

Is there anything else good on Saturday except for Crobar,Space and Amika?

oh that really sucks but thanks for the info I'll be sure to stay away from Opium..wtf wants to be out of a club at 2 AM....not me that's for sure.

jp pool party...lol

i can understand wanting to party all night but if your reason for going to a club is how late its open rather then what music/dj is playing, then you might be in for a dissapointment. Then again you are the chic that is going down to wmc to listen to raggae right? :spin2:

i can understand wanting to party all night but if your reason for going to a club is how late its open rather then what music/dj is playing, then you might be in for a dissapointment. Then again you are the chic that is going down to wmc to listen to raggae right? :spin2:

HAHA..whatever dude..two of my friends from the Carribean are into reggae not me..I like dark deep hard HOUSE...but yeah I get to the club at 2 AM yet alone leave that early..where you from PA? :gang:

HAHA..whatever dude..two of my friends from the Carribean are into reggae not me..I like dark deep hard HOUSE...but yeah I get to the club at 2 AM yet alone leave that early..where you from PA? :gang:

I'm from philly . you from jerze? what exit? when you go out in new jersey do you go to philly or newyork? getting to the club at 2 might work for ya but this is wmc. whole different ball game. this is your first time right? :aright: