Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Mark Farina Reviews

the thing about Mark is no matter how many times you go and see him, you'll almos never hear a repeat.... the man has that much music and he loves it all! and even if you don't know a lot of the stuff he plays, you can't help but dance yo azz off to his chunky, funky, dirty rollin' beats, off-the-wall vocal samples and quirky spats of keyboards.... he makes a room swing, girate, pump and.... yeah, here it comes.... JACK!!!

the man rarely dissapoints.... a master of the music and a modern legend, if you ask me. i'm kind of bummed i probably won't be able to catch him in Miami...

Alex(folk)

in detroit during the last year of demf he spun a techno set.

2 years ago when he spun in philly his set included a ragtime , uptempo house style that i've honestly never heard before. It rocked the whole floow was bumping and smiling with such unorthodox , bouncy , friendly beats.

Farina is a master of his craft.

Don't be fooled by people classifying him as just deep house or SF house - his roots are Chicago and he can play the shit out of anything - depends on the party - the room etc. Of course I love it when he plays the jackin chicago type stuff - but others prefer the groovey mushroom jazz type stuff. Conference - I would bet if the room was full and jumpin - he'll bang it out proper.

sweet. good reviews. Reason I asked is I am in Vegas 4/9 weekend and he is spinning at ICE. We were planning on going to see him. I could catch him at conference but he doesn't fit in my plans.

damn it seems like he is spinning everywhere in the conference. Somehow i think you'll see him somewhere.

I almost decided to hit Opium when he was spinning but am going to Amika for Murk instead. :bounce:

Unless I see him at a free day party I doubt I will see him.

Wed - Subliminal

Thur - Tiesto/Sanchez

Friday - Radio One (late)

Saturday - Murk @ Amika

He's got a busy saturday. I'll end up seeing him there with Carl Cox at Crobar... but he's listed for two gigs at Opium also.

Of all the DJ's it seems like he's the busiest during the conference, his name is all over the place!