Clubplanet Nightlife Community

spundae grand re-opening review!!! (3/5/05)

weyes

it was a grand homecoming for me :heart: . spundae is my favorite club of all time and of anyplace (as i've stated here before), and i was just ecstatic to be back. as soon as i hugged the doorman (and i should know his name by now!), i knew i was in for a night that felt just as familiar as any other spundae night i'd had. the decorations were different, but the vibe was as great as ever.

before my best friend and i got there, i had a mental list of the people we'd most likely run into. they were all people i wanted to see, except for one - my ex. and, as fortune would have it, we ran into everyone but the ex! and, not only that, a couple we know turned out to have gotten engaged since the last time we saw them! i ran into shortystar and even took a couple of pictures of the 2 of us but they are SO unflattering that i won't put them up. that's right, kids, if you wanna meet weyes and shorty, you've gotta get yer asses to a damn meetup :tongue: !

on to gabriel & dresden. they went from groove to groove - many different styles in one night. they played 2 songs off of seb fontaine's latest cd (which i happen to love), so i was with them on that particular run, but they got all techno later on, and i wasn't down with that :worry: . i dunno --- they switched around so much that they had no consistency or direction and had so many pauses that it was hard to keep dancing. overall, they were ok.

we didn't stay long at all for christopher lawrence, though, 'cause he was boring us silly and not going anywhere. perhaps he improved later - we don't know - we were gone 20-30 mins. after he started his set.

so the music wasn't stellar, but it was great to see everyone and just to be a part of the magic that is spundae again. that unique, entirely friendly vibe is something to marvel at, experience, and most of all, cherish :heart: .

Cole is the doorguy :)

well really David Cole but everyone just calls him Cole...

so now you know! :bounce:

argh - i knew that :doh: ! i just forgot... now i feel even sillier. i guess what i really should say is that i should formally introduce myself, since he's seen my ass too many times to count.

Damn straight it was a stellar night!! I was proud that I made it out actually!!! Didn't think it was going to happen but I made the boy get off his ass and get going !!!! Whipped :D

The music was good.. Gabriel and Dresden played what i expected them to play... same ol stuff but I was happy... what a great crowd too..

I had no hassles.. i walked right in VIP Style.. don't ask how it happened but it was nice.. no lines and free champagne.. oh yeah a little bubbly works wonders..

It was a fantastic night and I am sooo happy that LA still has that good vibe.. I thought it was lost for awhile..

cheers to beers!!! and butt slaps!!!

Damn straight it was a stellar night!! I was proud that I made it out actually!!! Didn't think it was going to happen but I made the boy get off his ass and get going !!!! Whipped :D...
yes, i met shorty's boy (very nice guy; props to you and glad to have met him!), and i've got a question: why is it that the shortest girls always have the tallest boyfriends :confused: ?

:funny:

seriously, though?