Clubplanet Nightlife Community

When to take protein

linka

Is it better to drink your protein shake before working out or after? Or does it make no difference whatsoever?

good question! take 1/2 hour before with some type of fast acting carb, ex. apple or bannana. and right after. then a meal about one hour later.

Before, after, and all day long. I just started taking down a micellar casein/egg protein shake right before bedtime now too.

:aright:

Whey pro is a fast acting protien so i would say that its best for after the workout ...remember whole foods are the best pro for you.

the egg and casein is very good for befor bed, whey will digest within 2-3 hours and the casein is slow digestive about 6 hours

thats the way to do it

Is it better to drink your protein shake before working out or after? Or does it make no difference whatsoever?

both... pre work and post work out are equally important... but you have to time them correctly in order to utilise it...

good question! take 1/2 hour before with some type of fast acting carb, ex. apple or bannana. and right after. then a meal about one hour later.

exactly! (my fault for reiterating i didnt see your post until after i posted... )

what is your objective to gain muscle or to lose weight or~!?

Well, I weigh 115 lbs so I don't even have weight to lose. I'm already toned... I just want a tad bit more muscle. But, I don't get much protein from regular food which is why I started taking protein.

• 2 weeks later...