Clubplanet Nightlife Community

i hate celeb club owners

Friday, March 18, 2005

New Venue Rumor: The Rebirth of Sound Factory - Club - New York City (NYC)

We at ******* hear that one of New York City’s largest clubs is slated to re-open late-Spring/early-Summer under the careful eye of nightlife impresario Eddie Dean, owner of NYC’s Discoteque. Certainly Eddie has his hands full given Sound Factory’s checkered history with the cops shutting the joint down on drug charges. He’s gone on record with the New York Daily News as distancing himself from Sound Factory’s infamous past, “We have nothing to do with anything remotely connected with what went on there. We take those things very seriously, and we take every precaution necessary.†He went on to say that he’ll have some high profile investors at Sound Factory, but he wouldn’t spill the beans. We at ******* have heard through the rumor mill that two of those investors may be Mo Vaughn & Justin Timberlake. :vomit2: On top of that, we’ve heard that international DJ & New York House Music icon Erick Morillo is going to spin there regularly.

Friday, March 18, 2005

We at ******* hear that one of New York City’s largest clubs is slated to re-open late-Spring/early-Summer under the careful eye of nightlife impresario Eddie Dean, owner of NYC’s Discoteque.

lol..... well ... if so..... good for them...... that's just gonna be another Discoteque and Morillo...hehe....

Friday, March 18, 2005

We at ******* hear that one of New York City’s largest clubs is slated to re-open late-Spring/early-Summer under the careful eye of nightlife impresario Eddie Dean, owner of NYC’s Discoteque.

lol..... well ... if so..... good for them...... that's just gonna be another Discoteque and Morillo...hehe....

I can't wait. :party: All the SF people will be back home and clubland will be safe again.

:half:

I can't wait. :party: All the SF people will be back home and clubland will be safe again.

:half:

thats a pipe dream, i think. i wish that was the case, but i think it will be narc-o-thon 2005 up in there, and thats the exact opposite of the way the real sf was, until the end.... but i hope your right.

We at J o o n B u g hear that one of New York City’s largest clubs is slated to re-open late-Spring/early-Summer under the careful eye of nightlife impresario Eddie Dean, owner of NYC’s Discoteque. Certainly Eddie has his hands full given Sound Factory’s checkered history with the cops shutting the joint down on drug charges. He’s gone on record with the New York Daily News as distancing himself from Sound Factory’s infamous past, “We have nothing to do with anything remotely connected with what went on there. We take those things very seriously, and we take every precaution necessary.†He went on to say that he’ll have some high profile investors at Sound Factory, but he wouldn’t spill the beans. We at J o o n B u g have heard through the rumor mill that two of those investors may be Mo Vaughn & Justin Timberlake. On top of that, we’ve heard that international DJ & New York House Music icon Erick Morillo is going to spin there regularly.

honestly, why do you care if celeb owners own a piece of this or that?

how does it affect you personally?

as far as the bldg that WAS sf, big deal, i could care less if hanson bought it

the bldg is closed now.

you're no better off with it closed then you are if the dixie chicks bought it.

its a good space, and a viable room for a nightclub whatever it's premise.

there will never be another environment like sf was in its hey day.

as far as rock nights, if you don't enjoy it, don't go. they'll most likely be on off nights anyway and its just another avenue for the investors to profit from the space when not otherwise utilized.

hell cbgb is in danger of closing if not already closed. who cares if on a wed night they have some indy band playing there.

you kids make me laugh.

having a well rounded, diverse nightlife is what makes this city great.

appreciate things for what they are. don't live in the past, it'll get you no where but bitter..

1st what was the need to repost what i did just to included doonbuggie or whatever that site is .. who give a fuck...

having a well rounded, diverse nightlife is what makes this city great.

appreciate things for what they are. don't live in the past, it'll get you no where but bitter..

I concur, plus, does anyone realize that april 2nd avalon will host the Nine Inch Nails listening party ...

Feel blessed that this city has so much to offer, trust me. I would visit my x in gettysburg and that was a pisshole of a town with only 2 things to do fucking and drogas...

and they are going to have rock n roll nights.

nyc afterhours is gone forever i guess, at least like it was.....

:hang:

The rock crowd can be a lot of fun, I don't know what you are talking about. Did you ever go to Motherfucker? As much as I am into the house afterhours scene, this party is what's happening. Their crowd's just the best in NYC, hands down!

www.motherfuckernyc.com

So what?? Yes there are afew celeb investors, but whats the big deal? it really will not hurt the nights you guys all love, it will just be a haven for the weekday/night parties, thats it...... so dont get too upset.

I agree....what is the big deal about celeb owners and rock nights?!?

If that's not your scene, don't go!!!

NY nightclubs over the years have lost their creativity, their edge, culture, diversity, and individual style. The best thing you can do is find clubs, DJs, and promoters that you like; and enjoy it while you can. Why you ask, because in six months another new spot or two is going to open, and some spots may close.

Everytime I read the threads on this site, almost all I read are complaints about DJs and clubs, and how things are never going to be the same. Guess what, nothing in NY is ever going to be the same. Accept it and move on people!!

Kisses,

Cb

NY nightclubs over the years have lost their creativity, their edge, culture, diversity, and individual style. The best thing you can do is find clubs, DJs, and promoters that you like; and enjoy it while you can. Why you ask, because in six months another new spot or two is going to open, and some spots may close.

Everytime I read the threads on this site, almost all I read are complaints about DJs and clubs, and how things are never going to be the same. Guess what, nothing in NY is ever going to be the same. Accept it and move on people!!

Kisses,

Cb

thank you :bowdown:

Kisses,

Cb

Correctamundo!