Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Can Carl Cox have a successful residency in NYC?

coxy had a residency at twilo called ultimate base.

he would play approx every 2 months & sometimes once a month.

certain sets were 8 hour sets & some of his 6-8 hr sets were some of the greatest sets ive ever heard in many many years of nyc clubbing.

avalon was pretty good, his crobar set was actually very good, but i think if he got a crobar residency he could spread his sound out more as he did at twilo, where he played some disco, more funky house, some 'trance' and even the occasional poppy/electro track.

avalon set was strict techno with a few poppy sampled hooks.

crobar set was hard tech-house all the way, impressive in that he kept interest & intensity for 5 hours straight in that one mood of tech house genre. but he can do more than that as seen at twilo & when i saw him in miami. i wld like to hear more funky house, more deep house & more disco from him as just playing tech house all night is not his full arsenal.

I think a crobar residency wld allow carl to stretch out his sound abit as he did in 6-8 hour twilo sets.

funny thing is alot of people only think hes a TECHNO dj only. And if he were to get a residency it will be a great way for some people to hear different styles of music that they might not be knowledgable at. Think carls beendoing this since the mid 80s so hes very versatile in his sounds.

Miami Club Sapce and Crobar are successful in bringing international Dj on monthyl residence. IN NYc Twilo was successful and they chARGED LIKE 30 =35 WHY DONT SPIRIT ADMISSION PRICE BE A LITTLE MODERATE. sOME DJ OR WORHT THE PRICE LIKE tIESTO,PVD,P.OKANFOLD BUT DJ LIKE VASQUEZ TENAGLIA THEY NOT WORTH THE PRICE.

Miami Club Sapce and Crobar are successful in bringing international Dj on monthyl residence. IN NYc Twilo was successful and they chARGED LIKE 30 =35 WHY DONT SPIRIT ADMISSION PRICE BE A LITTLE MODERATE. sOME DJ OR WORTH THE PRICE LIKE tIESTO,PVD,P.OKANFOLD BUT DJ LIKE VASQUEZ TENAGLIA THEY NOT WORTH THE PRICE.

crobar is able to keep it at $30 reduced for top talent like cox & digweed & pvd that obvs cost them a lot of $$.

other nights crobar can be $20 or $25, always get on a list.

spirit charging $40 for every event is a ripoff.

they also should get lists together to offer $25 or $30 max.

in general i dont like spirit so rather than pay the $$ & complain, i jsut dont go. altho junior and exacta next weekend is worth the $25 or whatever they charge.

made events books a lot of spirit & they shld get a list going immediately.

twilo had lists , arc had lists, why is made not offering lists at all events?

why is 440 suddenly the standard at spirit? one more reason not to go there except for special dj bookings, like Vibe for example.

crobar is able to keep it at $30 reduced for top talent like cox & digweed & pvd that obvs cost them a lot of $$.

other nights crobar can be $20 or $25, always get on a list.

spirit charging $40 for every event is a ripoff.

they also should get lists together to offer $25 or $30 max.

Thats cheaper than here ... they were getting $40 plus here generally.

he already does have one, once a yr residency.

Fuck a yearly residency. He has to play at least once a month. I'm pissed off that I missed his night at Crobar. According to the reviews, he was excellent. Does anyone remember his party at Centrofly?

Seriously, I think he could be a great monthly resident at a place like Crobar.

Fuck a yearly residency. He has to play at least once a month. I'm pissed off that I missed his night at Crobar. According to the reviews, he was excellent. Does anyone remember his party at Centrofly?

Seriously, I think he could be a great monthly resident at a place like Crobar.

Centrofly was ridiculous.