Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Ultra type event in NY?

yea from what I heard there will be some type of event over there in ny. I don't have any concrete info yet but i'll be searching. It's been rumored for a long time now but this year I actually heard from a good friend that there in fact will be an ultra type event in ny.

first off., ultra's been saying they wanted to do something in NYC for a while now.,. doubt it'll happen.,. second.,. where will they host it? central park? mikey will never let it happen.,. maybe randall's island.,. but like i said, i doubt it'll happen.,. rave promoters have been having tons of problems with similar situations here for years and years.,. and what makes Ultra so un-rave-like?

I can confirm that I read the info on the Ultra flyer.......which should indicate that it's not just a "rumour" coming our of someone's ass. I don't think the Ultra promoters would want to lose credibility by stating something on a flyer and then not follow through.

See you in NYC in Sept for Ultra....perfect season for outdoor dancing...the temperature will be nice ! Can't wait...

it ain't happening they tried to do something like that a long time ago i think if i recall correctly it was called the world electronic music festival and it was to be in brooklyn somewhere near manhatten and it go shut down like a day before the event mad peeps bought tickets and shit. parties like that don't float well in Ny these days. things just aren't the same as the old school. but hey ya never know cause this was shut down during the Guliani error when he was shutting down every f-ing party they had in NY.... ahh it would be phat if they could have an ultra type party in ny but doubt it will happen, clossest you'll get is randalls island parties.

Same deal last year... I got flyers about an Ultra NYC at a party last year (I forget which one) and even Satellite Records about it happening last year... Then nothing. We'll just have to wait and see. I bet if it were pitched to Bloomberg about it being hosted at his West Side stadium when it gets buillt in the future, he'd gladly welcome it to the city until then...

i always hear randalls island. I wonder why no one would consider flushing meadows corona park... kick ass beats while dancing around that giant ass globe would be hot to death...

Maybe also propect park, its huge and its pretty nice part of BK ..

But flushing would be a dope spot for a music festival..imo

i always hear randalls island. I wonder why no one would consider flushing meadows corona park... kick ass beats while dancing around that giant ass globe would be hot to death...

Maybe also propect park, its huge and its pretty nice part of BK ..

But flushing would be a dope spot for a music festival..imo

i agree as i live like 3 min from flushing meadows park it would be phatt spot, they had a few outlaw parties in that park back in the day but hasn't been one in a minute, but i agree the globe is a hot spot...

A lot of DJ's are already booked for other shows this summer and early fall. Also, it's April and nothing is official and the rumors have no basis.. people would need to book flights and hotels soon, not one week before the whole thing is announced. It's obviously not going to happen.

• 6 months later...
A lot of DJ's are already booked for other shows this summer and early fall. Also, it's April and nothing is official and the rumors have no basis.. people would need to book flights and hotels soon, not one week before the whole thing is announced. It's obviously not going to happen.

Ultra NY took place on Friday, September 16'th to a sold out Rumsey Playfield in Central Park. Those who made it witnessed The Chemical Brothers LIVE, Paul Oakenfold, Mylo, Timo Maas. Danny Tenaglia, Eric Morillo, Boris, David Waxman and many more. The after party took place at Crobar and rammed until the afternoon of the next day! Thanks to all the believers out there and next summer Ultra will return to NYC! Also look out for Ultra Purto Rico early this summer....NEXT UP: !ULTRA EIGHT!