Clubplanet Nightlife Community

back to basics...

Guest onisakura

I like doing crunches on the balance ball, lower reps but you do them a lot slower. I find those to be more effective than traditional crunches. I think the key is to go slower, and sustain the movement to get the max from each exercise.

Whatever floats your boat and works for you, everyone has a different MO.

i was thinking of super setting with flat bench and incorporating push-ups... would that beneficial or counter productive??? also super set with weighted situ-ups and incorporate crunches... what do you think over kill or~!?

ya i agree w/ONISAKURA - it's more important to concentrate on the flexing of ur stomach muscles as opposed to doing 100 quickly/slopily. My roommate has trouble squeezing her abs, she says that she feels more like she's letting air out of her abs...i dunno if that makes sense. but it helped alot when she slowed it down and concentrated on form, try not to use your back or leg muscles.

*remember, there should always be space between your chin & chest when u go up to do a crunch.

*breathe out when u tighten your abs.

*you can do ab exercises w/a medicine ball (my fav) or even just having good posture at your desk and tightenting your stomach. (<--i should but never do it) :(

As long as you don't keep your hand behinds your head and pull yourself up with them you shouldn't be straining anything. As far as I know though, with crunches you're supposed to keep your chin tucked in to your chest but with situps you keep your neck and head straight with your back.

• 2 weeks later...