Clubplanet Nightlife Community

we own mariano

jtk4

I can't believe more teams don't, want to know what he is going to throw..............FASTBALL, on the next pitch..........FASTBALL. Yeah, it's a cutter big deal, it's still only 1-2 miles an hour difference off his straight fastball, it's a mystery to me how more teams haven't figured this guy out!

Massi

www.massi.com

I can't believe more teams don't, want to know what he is going to throw..............FASTBALL, on the next pitch..........FASTBALL. Yeah, it's a cutter big deal, it's still only 1-2 miles an hour difference off his straight fastball, it's a mystery to me how more teams haven't figured this guy out!

First off "we" don't own anyone. The red sox do(I admit it, I'm a yanks fan)

Second, just a quick note on the cutter, it's not that it's slower that makes it effective... it moves in towards lefties and away from righties. It looks just like a straight fastball until it gets about halfway to home plate. People swing at it thinking it's a fastball, and then the ball moves in(towards a lefty) and the bat makes contact near the handle. The red sox see the Yankees so much that they know what's coming and compensate to hit it.

Yeah, I threw a cutter most of high school and all of college so I know what it is and it's a very effective pitch but when it's the only damn pitch you throw more major league teams should be all over this guy. Mix in a freakin' changeup or slider. Don't get me wrong, I'm a yankee fan and love Rivera but adding another pitch to his repetoire would make him that much more dominant of a pitcher, that cutter AND a slider..........

His problems do seem to magnify against the Red Sox, maybe they know something no one else does. This is something I always wondered about even when he first came up, only 1 pitch but it has worked for him for the most part, but I would just love to see him drop a slider once in awhile to keep hitters honest.

Massi

www.massi.om