Clubplanet Nightlife Community

I finally picked up my mighty Gixxer this morning (pics)

ou812

What and 600cc's are not used in races? If you read i said imo I think there more for cruising, I find that when i rode my 600 vs a 1000, the 600 to be more nimble, and very quick out the gate.

I havent read the article yet but some tracks are set up more for diffrent bikes, its liek taking a nascar and throwing it on an indy track or what have you.

Not to mention the ratings u gave on the 1000cc's i see is based off power, i would like to see how they felt the RR felt vs the others. Honda deff put the racing design in the RR from the forks to the brakes. I also see no mentioning of brakes..stopping power. Also remember you can have a ton of power on a bike but having the bike be able to handle it is another thing, such as agility and so forth (STABILITY!!!)

I wish I could make sense of what you are talking about but you make none. 600's and 1000's are based on very similar chassis design. In your opinion 1000s are for cruising because you've most likely never ridden one. Did you neglect to read what I posted before my 1000 and a CBR 600rr are within 10 lbs of each other in weight. Find me one case where when a modern 600 and 1000 were put on a track the 600 posted a better laptime, I doubt you will.

If you're terribly interested I can post a full liter bike shootout for 2005, but FYI the CBR finished last in most magazines tests in 2004 and Honda left it unchanged for 2005.............so you do the math.

But at the end of the day, believe whatever you want to believe, just get out of my way when I'm coming up behind you.

Picked it up and put about 70 back road mile on it. This bike is absolutely amazing, that's about all I can say right now. If anyone is in the market for a new liter bike, look no further thatn this.

127.JPG

219.JPG

311.JPG

48.JPG

Wow, that shit is dope!!!

Now, run to shop and get rid of the taillights, hurry up!!!

I wish I could make sense of what you are talking about but you make none. 600's and 1000's are based on very similar chassis design. In your opinion 1000s are for cruising because you've most likely never ridden one. Did you neglect to read what I posted before my 1000 and a CBR 600rr are within 10 lbs of each other in weight. Find me one case where when a modern 600 and 1000 were put on a track the 600 posted a better laptime, I doubt you will.

If you're terribly interested I can post a full liter bike shootout for 2005, but FYI the CBR finished last in most magazines tests in 2004 and Honda left it unchanged for 2005.............so you do the math.

But at the end of the day, believe whatever you want to believe, just get out of my way when I'm coming up behind you.

Whats with you and weight? If the weight is in the middle of the bike who cares? Thats the best place for weight to be, so you mentioning weight to me means nothing.

1000cc's will be faster up higher due to there rod and stroke (a good %) vs the 600cc's I find have more foot to ass. Another thing is as you mentioned most bikes are the same frame but if there not designed for a bigger motor you can run in to stability issues becuase of the design.

DOnt you ever see how some mags are very bias..lol, maybe die to editor reasons, same goes with car mags such as Sport compact car and so on. Since the editors write the info they will always have the same opinion, and more then likely the drivers are the same (99% of the time its the editors driving). So keep reading mags cuz your not going to get far.

"1000cc's will be faster up higher due to there rod and stroke (a good %) vs the 600cc's I find have more foot to ass."

:laugh: This to me shows you know not a single word of what you are talking about. I can't talk logically with you, your points make no sense.

"1000cc's will be faster up higher due to there rod and stroke (a good %) vs the 600cc's I find have more foot to ass."

:laugh: This to me shows you know not a single word of what you are talking about. I can't talk logically with you, your points make no sense.

Ok...you keep think you know all...

Just think if you have a motor thats 3.39 X 3.39 (aka square motor or box motor) vs a 3.55 X 4.17, what you think will win on top end? lol...I thought so. What 600cc motor do you know will pull on a 1000cc motor on top end? And if you can its rare. Thats like seeing a civic pull on a mustang GT going 80mph.

Ok...you keep think you know all...

Just think if you have a motor thats 3.39 X 3.39 (aka square motor or box motor) vs a 3.55 X 4.17, what you think will win on top end? lol...I thought so. What 600cc motor do you know will pull on a 1000cc motor on top end? And if you can its rare. Thats like seeing a civic pull on a mustang GT going 80mph.

I have no idea which way you are going with this anymore, but here a comparison dynograph of a 2003 600rr against a 4 year old 2001 GSXR-1000 (the 2005 makes about 10-15 more horsepower than this and redlines 1,500 rpms higher)

http://www.deeknow.com/dyno/index.php?bike1=CBR600RR_2003&bike2=GSXR1000_2001&action=Dyno+It

Now at what point here were you trying to say the 600 would be making more power???

OMG...listen...

You said the bike weighed more but has more power...I said who cares on a bike weight is pointless when its in the middle

You then borught up top end (or i did) and you think a 600cc bike will be faster...Which there is more involved the power and RPM in top end pull. Ever hear of Storke and Rod ratio. That graph you shows does what? And what are you trying to prove?? I never siad it made more power...I said it would outhandle a 1000cc bike. that graph also fails to show the Honda CBR rr has a 15,000 RPM mark and further more it proves that the CBR has a more foot to ass feel. Can you pull up data on the 0-60 times?

Just for shits and giggles I compaired the 1000cc RR vs the GSX'r. Intresting...

OMG...listen...

You said the bike weighed more but has more power...I said who cares on a bike weight is pointless when its in the middle

You then borught up top end (or i did) and you think a 600cc bike will be faster...Which there is more involved the power and RPM in top end pull. Ever hear of Storke and Rod ratio. That graph you shows does what? And what are you trying to prove?? I never siad it made more power...I said it would outhandle a 1000cc bike. that graph also fails to show the Honda CBR rr has a 15,000 RPM mark and further more it proves that the CBR has a more foot to ass feel. Can you pull up data on the 0-60 times?

Just for shits and giggles I compaired the 1000cc RR vs the GSX'r. Intresting...

1) I said they were almost the same in weight (within about 5-10 lbs) & the 1000 has about 50 horsepower advantage............same weight/more power. Better power/weight ratio. Weight is most certainly NOT pointless are you serious? If it were then manufacturers wouldn't bust their asses every year to try to make bikes lighter than the year before. Yes, centralization of mass improves cornering, but it won't do shit if the bike weighs a ton. Are you joking?

2) You brought up the top end business not me, I posted the dyno to show that at no point anywhere in the rev range does the 600 make anywhere near as much power as the 1000, I never once made an inferrence that a 600 would be faster, you did. By the way, it's called bore/stroke ratio, not "Storke and Rod" ratio. That's why I said post lap-times comparing a 600 and a 1000 on a racetrack and find me one where a 600 will have a lower laptime if you can find it, even on a highly technical course.................if they seemingly handle so monumentally better, I agree they would handle somewhat better, but not that much.

BTW, what they hell is foot-to-ass, is that your own personal lingo? Because I've never heard it

0-60 is a pretty negligible comparison on bikes - 2.5 for the 1000, about 3 for the 600.

3) If you read the dyno chart a little more closely note that you are comparing a 2001 GSXR-1000 to a 2004 CBR 1000RR. Go back to page 2 of this thread and look at the dyno #'s of a 2005 1000rr against a 2005 GSXR-1000 I posted. More interesting....

1) I said they were almost the same in weight (within about 5-10 lbs) & the 1000 has about 50 horsepower advantage............same weight/more power. Better power/weight ratio. Weight is most certainly NOT pointless are you serious? If it were then manufacturers wouldn't bust their asses every year to try to make bikes lighter than the year before. Yes, centralization of mass improves cornering, but it won't do shit if the bike weighs a ton. Are you joking?

2) You brought up the top end business not me, I posted the dyno to show that at no point anywhere in the rev range does the 600 make anywhere near as much power as the 1000, I never once made an inferrence that a 600 would be faster, you did. By the way, it's called bore/stroke ratio, not "Storke and Rod" ratio. That's why I said post lap-times comparing a 600 and a 1000 on a racetrack and find me one where a 600 will have a lower laptime if you can find it, even on a highly technical course.................if they seemingly handle so monumentally better, I agree they would handle somewhat better, but not that much.

BTW, what they hell is foot-to-ass, is that your own personal lingo? Because I've never heard it

0-60 is a pretty negligible comparison on bikes - 2.5 for the 1000, about 3 for the 600.

3) If you read the dyno chart a little more closely note that you are comparing a 2001 GSXR-1000 to a 2004 CBR 1000RR. Go back to page 2 of this thread and look at the dyno #'s of a 2005 1000rr against a 2005 GSXR-1000 I posted. More interesting....

Your talking about 5-10lbs which is mostly shed or a good % is at the motor, by using lighter parts. Besides bikes are RWD if you know its better to push weight then pull it. And anyone who races would rather loose weight then have more HP. Besides again that statement of power to weight ratio is better, its really not. Its all on the same scale, I dont know how to describe it but remember doing 3/8 is 4/x. The bikes are relative to there smaller counterpart. Which means there Hp to weight is even.

Next I said the 1000 has a more powerful top end, but the 600 IMO (READ) has more foot to ass. That is all. So why are you arguing its nill. Also that / is spelled out as Stroke to Rod Ratio. By accident I typed and, but all the others I put to, its a ratio...lol

If you never heard foot to ass I guess you havent been in racing long enough. Lets say you start running and take that time of you to run 10 steps. Now picture me with my 12" shoe up your ass, your going to run a lot faster no? Thats foot to ass. Hence why I had you post the 0-60 but .5 is nil anyways due to so many factors.

As far as the 1000cc's vs each other..thats why i posted intresting becuase they really changed the Yamaha a lot.

• 4 weeks later...
Ah sickness bro, that's my next bike. Have you ever ridden a hayabusa?? I"m just curious how the power feels to that bike. In all honesty i think the new 1000 would take my busa.

Power is a little blubbery below 3K (especially since I threw on my new pipe and junked the SET), but about that things start happening quick, and from 7K right to the 13,500 redline it just pulls and pulls and pulls, does not quit at all. Guys on GDC have told me that they've taken Busas on the street from roll-ons and stand stills. I don't imagine that it would be a problem, I mean you are looking at roughly the same horsepower coming from both, Busa might have about a 5 ft/lb advantage in torque, but it also weighs about 100 lbs more that the 1000.

Some updated pics from today, so far I've thrown on a Yosh TRS exhaust, ZeroG DB, Shogun frame sliders and spools

Yosh2.JPG

Yosh1.JPG

ZeroG.JPG