Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Thursday: Rain and Ra

solbebe

Alright so our plan orginally was to go to Rain on Thursday night. I know its one of those clubs that you only go to once but it just sounds so unlike the bars here.

But now I have heard that Ra has a good hip hop night on Thursday nights as well.

So I am wondering is it possible to go to both in one night? Which one would get busy earlier?

I see that you can purchase advanced admission for Ra (which includes VIP) and sign up for the guest list on Rain's website (for which you have to arrive between 11 and 12).

Also anyone know how late these bars are usually open til? Which would be the best to end the night with?

Advice, thoughts and opinions please!

Thanks,

D

Actually, your plan is good.

Rain Thursday will be decent from 11pm to 1am.

And then hit up Ra at 1am. Ra has the longest running hip-hop night in Vegas and they are crackin every Thursday from around 1am to 4am. Closes around 5am to 6am I believe. "Mr Vegas" is on this board and he works with Ra so I'm sure he can help ya.

If you love hip-hop be sure to also check out OPM (in the Forum Shops @ Caesars Palace) Friday, Saturday and/or Sunday.

Thanks for you're opinion. This is my third time to Vegas but my first since I've been an "adult" lol. Unfortunately we'll be leaving on Friday so Thursday night will be the last big blow out (til next time anyways!).

Moving back to Tuesday.. we've also planned to go to Pure on Tuesday night for my big 2-5. So far have gotten on the guest list through NapkinKnights. Would you know if this thing is legit? We have dinner reservations for 8pm so likely wouldn't be heading to the club until after 10. Also I haven't been able to find a decent website for Pure listing the type of music being played. I can stand some electronic mixed in with some hip hop, top-40 stuff but would not be able to stand one full night of techno. Sorry I know I'm probably not even using the proper "terms" for it!

Oh one more general sorta question, are cameras allowed in these clubs? Want to definately take some pics to show the friends back in small town Canada how great the party life is beyond the borders. lol

Thanks again for your help,

D

Sorry, but I wouldn't recommend either Ra or Rain.

As a girl, I like to go to nice places where the guys do not outnumber the girls like 4:1. Unless you are looking to get picked up on every 2 minutes by dorks, then you wouldn't like Rain.

I have been to Ra once and it was just old and the people were dirty looking. I guess it used to be the place to go a few years back.

My favorite club is Body English, but it's not open on Thursdays, so I would recommend Light or Tangerine.

Tabu is hot on Thursdays too!!

OPM's least overbusy night is Thursday but it's unique because drinks are only $1.25 until midnight and there's an old school classic jams party in the orchid room with open seating and hip-hop in the main room. If you want to chill without the overcrowded feeling you get the other nights, and with a more mature crowd, OPM is a nice spot to hit up on Thursday.

Heya guys,

Thanks for the advice.. I think we are pretty well set on going to Ra and Rain though.

Question though.. my friend wants to add Ghostbar into the night as a pre-club thing because of the apparently awesome view of the strip. Do you think its worth it?

Thanks,

D