Clubplanet Nightlife Community

TRANCE or HOUSE

mjm

i dunno marcos im gonna have to disagree with you here .. in the past few months i was able along with groove eric change alot of househeads minds ;) why this doesnt happen in greater numbers you might ask ? well first of all .. 98% of people are "SHEEP" and will just go where everyone else wants to go . that is all . why alot wont give trance another look ? cause they think that the people next to them will either bash em and/or look down on em for being open minded . and liking other things . and its not the case only with trance.. same goes for tech , prog , you name it .. every club wants to play house so everyone figures thats whats in and the only way to go .. its a shame cause it just shows how dull and narrow minded most people really are when it comes down to music period. i mean when im listening to trance i say to myself .."WOW" how can anyone trash this music ?" that shits beyond me :confused: and then ill go to a house event (mind you i like good house) and say what the fuck ? this is horrible . but the place is packed :confused: and noone is dancing at all .. that right there proves to me that the people are there just to say i was there listening to house. just cause its the "IN"thing to do :rolleyes:

I don't think it has anything to do with the IN thing at all. What no one has really mentioned here is those who are getting older seem to be switching to house.

I think this has something to do with the Trance to House and not the other way around. I will use myself as an example. It's not meant to say that this is the correct answer but a plausable answer to the fact that people have switched from Trance/prog House to house music.

I use to go out and dance my ass off all the time back in the 90s. In fact you could not get me off the dance floor listening to the early rave tracks of the 90s to the Sashas, BTs, Crystal Method's Nick Warrens, Dave Seamans Paul Oakenfolds, Orbitals, Orb, Joey Beltrams, of yesteryear.

Now that I've gotten away from the heavy partying that I did when younger, I found myself leaning towards house music. Progressive House and Trance is more energetic on the dance floor than House is. I always think of the big clubs doing the trance and prog house. The House I now am into is more for a lounge setting. Which suits me now that i'm not on the dancefloor like I use to be.

Like I've mentioned before I still listen to Prog House and Trance. ON CD or DVD, or MP3. But the majority of the time If I go out I will listen to House Music at a Lounge drink my drinks with my friends and hang out. To me it's not an IN thing. But then again I've never been into the IN thing I'm just hanging out with my friends who happen to love House music and occassionally they'll put in a prog house or trance track and I'll just reminisce about the days you could only find me on the dance floor at a club.

just my 2 cents

peace,

I don't think it has anything to do with the IN thing at all. What no one has really mentioned here is those who are getting older seem to be switching to house.

I think this has something to do with the Trance to House and not the other way around. I will use myself as an example. It's not meant to say that this is the correct answer but a plausable answer to the fact that people have switched from Trance/prog House to house music.

I use to go out and dance my ass off all the time back in the 90s. In fact you could not get me off the dance floor listening to the early rave tracks of the 90s to the Sashas, BTs, Crystal Method's Nick Warrens, Dave Seamans Paul Oakenfolds, Orbitals, Orb, Joey Beltrams, of yesteryear.

Now that I've gotten away from the heavy partying that I did when younger, I found myself leaning towards house music. Progressive House and Trance is more energetic on the dance floor than House is. I always think of the big clubs doing the trance and prog house. The House I now am into is more for a lounge setting. Which suits me now that i'm not on the dancefloor like I use to be.

Like I've mentioned before I still listen to Prog House and Trance. ON CD or DVD, or MP3. But the majority of the time If I go out I will listen to House Music at a Lounge drink my drinks with my friends and hang out. To me it's not an IN thing. But then again I've never been into the IN thing I'm just hanging out with my friends who happen to love House music and occassionally they'll put in a prog house or trance track and I'll just reminisce about the days you could only find me on the dance floor at a club.

just my 2 cents

peace,

Errrrrrrrrr ... house music can be also quite energetic ... and quite BIG room. Just, Be Yourself. ;)