Clubplanet Nightlife Community

JP Earlier Today @ Therapy

housefreakri

Well I decided to stay in Providence and check out JP's set instead of that dreaded train ride to NYC especially now that the Acela's are out of service for a while. Slept til just after 2am and then proceeded to wake up partner after 3am to get ready.

We arrived there shortly before 5am to what turned out to be the longest line I have seen at Therapy. The place was rockin even from standing on the outside where I believe it was almost 5:30 when we finally got it. The downstairs was empty as usual so we headed to the 2nd floor and what a mob scene. The place was packed to the gills still and the place was so hot there was actually that haze you see often in NYC nightclubs from all the vapor in the air.

The beats were solid and the energy was pretty decent for Providence. I totally tore it up when I was finally able to find a spot where it wasn't in constant use as a walkway. Lights were great for Therapy, as soon as I looked up I knew JP brings his own lighting cause it was a smaller version of what used to be used at SF rising and lowering all night and then tilting. It really gave the place a great auric glow.

Surprisingly, this was my first JP event live and being a Junior diehard for the last 9 years I have to admit the man brings in the crowds and plays some sick beats. He definitely likes to warp the vocals in almost all of the songs. My only criticism is that I notice that his songs build and build and when the track finally drops I hardly felt like the floor fell, I mean 45-60 seconds of beats followed by endless peaks seemed like the songs really didn't allow one to really tear ass on the floor. All the same though I did enjoy hearing some crazy old shit as well as new. We stayed until about just after 8am, which felt like an eternity anyway by then. I decided once I saw the creeps and lurkers left over buggin and watchin (you know what I mean) people who were still dancin, I figured I had my fill for the evening.

Heard:

Show Me - Suzanne Palmer (grooved to this outside waiting to get in)

All This Time - JP feat Syler Logan

Shined on Me - Praise Cats (crazy madness - the vocals were so marbled the first half of the song, you know what I mean, you know the beats and then all of a sudden the light bulb goes on and your sick with enjoyment)

More later but my brain is fried!

Mikey

PS:

Some noteworthy items:

Security needs to chill on the second floor, or at least be a little more professional. Pushing people into a already maxed capacity room to keep them out of the doorway only causes additional people to get hurt.

Secondly, please people use ample anti-persperant when clubbing, this was a total pet peeve all night. Never have I been surrounded by so much bad BO. Come on people, your not gonna leave with anyone hot smelling like that.

Lastly, to the group in front of us outside, sorry but all is fair is clubland voyeurism. 5:15 to the girl who obviously thought she was not going to have to wait long to get in and decided to begin right before entrance and had to wait. Gurl, thank your friends today and for the next couple weeks, your really are lucky they were there for you this morning. If only more people had friends like this the world would be a better place.

Lights were great for Therapy, as soon as I looked up I knew JP brings his own lighting cause it was a smaller version of what used to be used at SF rising and lowering all night and then tilting. It really gave the place a great auric glow.

The tilting thing has always been at therapy.

Its dope, tho.