Clubplanet Nightlife Community

ELI / Avaland Friday (review)

summit

Kenny & I danced on the main floor for most of your set on Friday. Had a wonderful time. U rocked it.

Kenny had to spin in Embassy at midnight and I broke out after about 10 minutes. Pretty young crowd in Embassy. Couldn't really get into Kenny's set. He had to stick w/ the mainstream jammies and avoid the rock & mashups due to the age of the crowd. NO ROCK & ALL HIPHOP = ME NOT HAVING FUN, so I left.

Came back at like 1:50 so we could all go out for a little night cap and I was amazed at how the entire club is really REALLY pumpin and then the music stops, everyone throws out their drinks, and leaves really quickly. It's a sin not to be able to stay open until 4am.

I'm a bit too old for that club I think. Reminded me of what I was doing in 94 at the Tunnel. I just can't see myself letting loose in that place (it's an age thing). The music ROCKED though.

Walked into Rise afterwards with Kenny and like a dozen people from Manhattan and they all said at the same time, "This is a club? Kenny's apartment is bigger than this place." It was hilarious (had to be there I guess). Owner was a nice guy though. Decent system for a "small" after hours.

Nervous Records party this coming Friday. They're gonna have T-SHIRTs to give away. I'll make sure Kenny saves you one Eli. I'll put it in a bag for you, so before you leave, ask Kenny for it.

Sorry I didn't stick around to meet anyone. There is only so much Jay-Z I can stand.

M

g'night. got work in 4 hours.

Hey there,

Thank for sticking around for my set Friday night, glad you enjoyed yourself. Rise, may appear to be on the smaller side, but the place has as much a vibe as any other afterhours club :) Hold on to one of those t-shirts this weekend, I'll come get one!

Peace,

-E

Hey there,

Thank for sticking around for my set Friday night, glad you enjoyed yourself. Rise, may appear to be on the smaller side, but the place has as much a vibe as any other afterhours club :) Hold on to one of those t-shirts this weekend, I'll come get one!

Peace,

-E

eli, thanks for takin care of me... by the time i got inside howells was already on and i had no idea how to find you. ill get a copy of ur new cd another time. thx again.