Clubplanet Nightlife Community

This Saturday... Legendary UK Dj - Norman Jay, MBE

tbooty

Saturday night April 23rd, join us for an evening of good friends and warm soulful vibes

Aquabooty, Nocturnal and Touch, present...

Legendary UK Dj - Norman Jay, MBE

(Good Times Sound System, Notting Hill Carnival, BBC)

w/ residents DHM's - Omar, Stephen & Edwin

@ Touch 910 Lincoln Rd. Miami Beach

Doors 11:30 - 5am

*Complimentary admission (please arrive early as capacity is limited)

He is arguably one of the finest and most respected deejays in the world and highly regarded as the godfather of UK soul. In 2002, Norman Jay was officially appointed as a Member of the Order of the British Empire, an MBE no less, based on his merit for "deejaying and services in music". Norman was officially invited to Buckingham palace where he was presented with the highly coveted MBE medal by Her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth II herself.

Norman Jay is without a doubt the deejay of choice of the 'celerbrity set'. He has played for the likes of Mick Jagger at his exclusive 50th birthday party - Robert Di Nero, George Michael, Prince, Viviene Westwood, Jean Paul Gaultier and Jamiroquai ( who affectionately call him the 'Godfather'). All have partied wildly to a funky Norman Jay set!

*MBE, sound system supremo, founding member of Kiss FM, Talking Loud label guru, all around celebrity Dj and man of the people... What more do you want?

Had a pretty good time ... would have preferred more current tracks ... you can still keep it on the Soul and Disco tip and not resort to playing tunes from back-in-the-day. I wonder if he does the same type of set at Ministry of Sound, or if he felt that he was playing to the Miami crowd?

Man, I must say

I LOVED NORMAN JAYS SET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course, this is a very biased opinion.

I'll make this real short.

Class, class, class, class.

One doesn't bring Norman (or Harvey) to play new music. We bring them for Good Music especially songs you have never heard before. There has been so much music already made that we need to hear.

I like going to restaurants that I know the food but every now and then, I want to try food that's new, exotic or different. That is what we got on Saturday.

A few people (3) told me that they did not like his set. I then asked them how old they were. 23, 22 and 24. Norman music was not for the younger masses. Definetaly a more patient and mature sound (just like Harvey)

So we took Norman to lunch before he got on his flight back to the UK and we talked alot about music and other things. He made a comment about music is not always about making people dance. Sometimes its about just listening and letting it soak in. Its truly a patience thing that I have only got since I started listening to older DJ's about 6 years ago. Harvey is in the same boat, so is Dave Mancuso (he is even so patient, he plays one record at a time, people apllaud when its over, then he plays another record with no mixing. To him its really about listening) and so on.

Keep in mind, Tomas and I are older. I'm 34 and he's around 80. At times we will bring in bangin' club set dj's and other times we bring in these older masters that teach me more than any of the others.

Thanks for all the "Thank You's" I recieved that night and the calls and the emails thanking us for this wonderful event.

Our next event will be Marques Wyatt on the 6th of May. Stay tuned.

Joe Budious

5-06 Marques Wyatt

5-13 Roy Davis Jr.

5-20 Frank Feliciano

5-27 Osunlade

Where? Dunno yet. But I think you guys can figure it out.

JB