Clubplanet Nightlife Community

my winning at the borgata

so anyway....i'm playing 1-2 no limit at the borgata...and I lost about 300 in like 45 minutes, and i'm thinking "I'm taking a beating....I mite as well eat my loss and go home" but i decide to stay anyway and I win a couple of small hands maybe about 100 dollars back. I kept getting dealt pocket pairs that I could do absolutely nothing with...and then I got dealt another.... Pocket 6's... I raise the blinds about 20 or 25 bucks and 2 ppl call. Flop comes out: 10-10-Ace. This is a really ugly flop for me, but fortunately, the 2 other players check, and I check as well. THe next card .... a 6.....whats that give me? a FULL HOUSE!!! So anyway....the two other guys were first to act, and they start betting away.....At this point I figured one thing....one guy has a 10, which gives him a set, and I really wasnt worried about the other guy because he had no clue what he was doing all nite. I raised them both 200...and they called...and finally the river was a harmless card...and what happens...they bet again!!!!! I raise another 250..and they called. So....at that point I knew that the one guy had a ten and that they other terrible player was betting with his pair of Aces, that he caught on the flop (I'm amazed how he would even be involved in this hand with those tens out there) -but its good that he added to the pot. So we flip our cards, sure enough one guy had 8-10 or some horrible or 10-something and the other guy had a pair of Aces. They look at me, and I flip my cards and I say " 6s over tens" I collected close to a $1000 pot....went upstairs to smoke a cigarette.

I really like playing at the borgata because it's a lot of ppl with money that dont know how to play cards at all, SO they basically give away their chips, and I can't say the same for the TAJ MAHAL...which has some true grinders.

THe pocket pairs did good for me after all.

i'm amazed that neither player didn't bet after the flop (sometimes slow playing kills ya) especially the guy with the ace...just so he knew where he stands.

nice pot :bounce:

screw the taj...i'm still bitter of a horrible bad beat there..... flop the nut straight only to lose to 4 of a kind (other player has 2 pair off the flop Q's & 10's only to have 2 more queens come out on 4th and 5th street

so anyway....i'm playing 1-2 no limit at the borgata...and I lost about 300 in like 45 minutes, and i'm thinking "I'm taking a beating....I mite as well eat my loss and go home" but i decide to stay anyway and I win a couple of small hands maybe about 100 dollars back. I kept getting dealt pocket pairs that I could do absolutely nothing with...and then I got dealt another.... Pocket 6's... I raise the blinds about 20 or 25 bucks and 2 ppl call. Flop comes out: 10-10-Ace. This is a really ugly flop for me, but fortunately, the 2 other players check, and I check as well. THe next card .... a 6.....whats that give me? a FULL HOUSE!!! So anyway....the two other guys were first to act, and they start betting away.....At this point I figured one thing....one guy has a 10, which gives him a set, and I really wasnt worried about the other guy because he had no clue what he was doing all nite. I raised them both 200...and they called...and finally the river was a harmless card...and what happens...they bet again!!!!! I raise another 250..and they called. So....at that point I knew that the one guy had a ten and that they other terrible player was betting with his pair of Aces, that he caught on the flop (I'm amazed how he would even be involved in this hand with those tens out there) -but its good that he added to the pot. So we flip our cards, sure enough one guy had 8-10 or some horrible or 10-something and the other guy had a pair of Aces. They look at me, and I flip my cards and I say " 6s over tens" I collected close to a $1000 pot....went upstairs to smoke a cigarette.

I really like playing at the borgata because it's a lot of ppl with money that dont know how to play cards at all, SO they basically give away their chips, and I can't say the same for the TAJ MAHAL...which has some true grinders.

how much did you buy in for? because i know the most u can buy in for is $300 si i was wondering how u all had that much money in front of you, especially the guy u said didnt know how to play?

how much did you buy in for? because i know the most u can buy in for is $300 si i was wondering how u all had that much money in front of you, especially the guy u said didnt know how to play?

I was at a table where ppl had close to 2 grand in nickels and quarters. I lost my money, but ur allowed to put cash on the table with ur chips.

anyway....the moral to my story is...do not slow play...if the guy would have made any bet, I would have folded becaus I coudn't beat what was out on the flop.

i'm amazed that neither player didn't bet after the flop (sometimes slow playing kills ya) especially the guy with the ace...just so he knew where he stands.

nice pot :bounce:

screw the taj...i'm still bitter of a horrible bad beat there..... flop the nut straight only to lose to 4 of a kind (other player has 2 pair off the flop Q's & 10's only to have 2 more queens come out on 4th and 5th street

dr moxx...... I'm especially careful when I have a straight....if there is a flush, or house draw, I will be very careful..... because i think straights are just like two pair.... not too strong, but tough to lay down. anyway...if i'm playing with someone who is representing that i'm beat, I'll fold... but u didnt do anything wrong....runner runner queenz sounds like a nitemare

:clap:

there was no flush draw on the flop... the funny thing is i bet, and he raised me when i had the straight.

even if i pushed all in, he had 2 pair and had me doubled in chips...so he would of called I WAS DOOMED EITHER WAY.

the borgata also has $500 buy in for $2-5 blinds NL

there was no flush draw on the flop... the funny thing is i bet, and he raised me when i had the straight.

even if i pushed all in, he had 2 pair and had me doubled in chips...so he would of called I WAS DOOMED EITHER WAY.

the borgata also has $500 buy in for $2-5 blinds NL

u have to admit though......if u hav pocket queenz...ur gonna bet away...regardless of the board.....

I was playing 10-20 limit and got DESTROYED with my pocket aces

Cards are nice, but I like the dice!

No offense, but poker players trade war stories like others' jaws will drop. Fact of the matter is you win or lose and you learn, there are no outrageous stories out there.

What I HATE to hear about, and we've all seen, is someone who knew how to play get beat by a rook and then complain about it (I know that's not what you are talking about here, but still worth noting). It's like the guy who took a hit at the BJ table holding 14 and dealer showing 6. Then the guy sitting next to him complains when the dealer pulls a 5....