Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Question about mixers.

ernextnation

I've never used the Allen & Heath but I swear by the Pioneer 600. I bought mine almost 4 years and its still kicking ass. If your into effects this is the perfect mixer, very user friendly and extremely dynamic in its capabilies. IMO has everything you need, especially for a home set up. :clap2:

these are two different types of mixers, with different intensions regarding application...

the Pioneer is definitely a good mixer... it gives you some more options than the A&H 32, and it has a pretty ergonomic placement of functions.... those EQ pots are a little larger than most other mixers as well. also, if it's any gauge to go by, it's a very popular install in a lot of clubs.

but the sound quality on the A&H is hard to beat (it will keep your vinyl's intended warm analog sound). the DRS presets are a nice function you don't see every day. with the 3-ch, you loose some options as i said before, but simplicity is sometimes the preferred route. also, the x-fader is better than the Pioneer's (a consideration if you're a scratch dj)...yet, it's an x/y setup....meaning, it's not assignable (it's split between ch-1 and ch-3....ch-2 is not routed through the x-fader). it really depends on what's important to you, and how you are going to use it...

if you have more than just two turntables... ie: a couple of CDJ's in addition (or if you're planning to expand your setup, of course), i'd go with the Pioneer..... but if you want simplicity, with an unmatched sound, go with the A&H.

these are two different types of mixers, with different intensions regarding application...

the Pioneer is definitely a good mixer... it gives you some more options than the A&H 32, and it has a pretty ergonomic placement of functions.... those EQ pots are a little larger than most other mixers as well. also, if it's any gauge to go by, it's a very popular install in a lot of clubs.

but the sound quality on the A&H is hard to beat (it will keep your vinyl's intended warm analog sound). the DRS presets are a nice function you don't see every day. with the 3-ch, you loose some options as i said before, but simplicity is sometimes the preferred route. also, the x-fader is better than the Pioneer's (a consideration if you're a scratch dj)...yet, it's an x/y setup....meaning, it's not assignable (it's split between ch-1 and ch-3....ch-2 is not routed through the x-fader). it really depends on what's important to you, and how you are going to use it...

if you have more than just two turntables... ie: a couple of CDJ's in addition (or if you're planning to expand your setup, of course), i'd go with the Pioneer..... but if you want simplicity, with an unmatched sound, go with the A&H.

Thanx a lot. I may have to save some more and get the xzone 92

Thanx a lot. I may have to save some more and get the xzone 92

the 92 is no joke. the price is nothing to laugh about either... (ouch)

if you've got senseless money to blow, i guess it makes no difference.

is it worth it completely? that's debatable.... for all that money, you'd think the pot-placement would be less "crowded". it's flooded with options though (obvious)... but most likely, i bet 90% of the people that bought one aren't using the midi-out capabilities....heh. i do very much like the rotary faders on each channel though.....