Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Howells review !!!!!!

Anyone was there ????

I really had a great time , don´t ask me for track id but I know he played some of his Miami cd.But his set and the cd (I don´t like the cd that much )where totally diferent, he played the best set I heard in NY this year .

I only made the decision to go after a few cheeky after work beers, and I'm glad that I did. Wasn't sure what to expect from him or the crowd (hated the crowd last time at Spirit), but was pleasantly surprised by both.

Music was great in places and everyone seemed to be having a good time. My legs are regretting it now, but I'll get over it............

wow what a great night...was hesitant about going to spirit bc of all the things ive read here..comments about the crowd, staff etc but none of it was true last nite....the security and staff was on par with the staff at crobar and there were no rude people at all...everyone was dancing their asses off and having a great time...great vibe...and now onto howells...wow incredible...every time i see him he never disappoints...i literally could not stop dancing....i love his new style as well...some sets i have dating even back to 2004 were primarily all house but last nite he mxied it up nicely with house, tribal, tech-house, and some techno which just had the place rocking...recognized some tracks but dont remember their names...any track ids would be helpful...also enjoyed spirit as a venue...great layout and amazing sound system...will deff be back there

yes the vibe at spirit, olike DT 2 weeks ago, was one of best ive felt there.

pretty good crowd, and kept going til I left at 6.

he went to 8?

ive heard a lot of howells I thought it wasnt his "A" game.

some of the harder/techno stuff was good, but i didnt feel a flow from him like other nights.

it wasnt a bad set by any means but sounded more experimental than usual.

i missed his signature dirty progressive bassline stompers and the deeper, funky house he sometimes plays.

i danced quite a bit & the minimal tech around 5-6 am was interesting, if very 'out there'

just remebering his incredible halloween 2003 arc set, I didnt think last night was near that level of programming groove or records.

also I think the Gu027 cd is fantastic, really groovy housey sweet melodic.

I heared about 1 of the harder tracks friom it last night & I wish DH had played a set closer to the GU027 style.

anyway it was a pretty good set in techno & tribal & the crowd was better than suual for spirit.

I hope he comes back to nyc more often, once or twice a year is not right for nyc & DH.

i'm really surprised there's only several reviews here since that party seemed to have a nice turnout.

anyway, i thought his set was pretty weak and repetitive and hardly sounded like any of his other live sets that i've heard/seen. i stayed the whole night regardless and if i hadnt bumped into a shitload of people i havent seen in a while, i probably would have left earlier. i still had a great time despite the fact that i wasn't too crazy about his track selection.

the vibe was great. I was pleasantly suprised at how nice Spirit was now compared to the last time I was there (Hector Romero and Satoshi). Having the hip-hop room closed and opening up the upstairs to everyone were good ideas.

Howells was good overall, except when he started dropping that minimal-electro crap.

i was hoping to hear more breaks. and the needle. boo!!! :(

it was weird seeing a bunch of people that I havent seen in a long time....including Hotcheme. :eek:

As everyone else is saying .. he was on point, the energy was amazing and damnit if he isnt the nicest guy out there. Had a great time, couldnt stop dancing. Its hard for a DJ to take listeners on a musical journey when everyone wants to just get down and dance, but i still think he did a great job and i cant wait for him to come back!

I had a great time. Considering i haven't been out in a while. I thought the set was good. I got there at like 3 am and he was ripping it. Kept me dancing!! Closed the night out with the dj which i haven't done in a while. I didn't know if I was going to have a good time because the vibe and the ppl, it's just not vinyl but the vibe was great! Better then what I thought!! couldn't have done it without my girl ckord....we make the best out of everything. :clap2:

yea melissa came all the way from cali! it was nice seeing her .. :)

if i would've known that, that might have gotten me to drive up to NY. i havent seen her since, since, since . . .goddam, maybe August of last year?

i'm really surprised there's only several reviews here since that party seemed to have a nice turnout.

anyway, i thought his set was pretty weak and repetitive and hardly sounded like any of his other live sets that i've heard/seen. i stayed the whole night regardless and if i hadnt bumped into a shitload of people i havent seen in a while, i probably would have left earlier. i still had a great time despite the fact that i wasn't too crazy about his track selection.

agreed Ive seen howells more than 10 times and his set was weird at spirit, and not in a good way!

he played a lot of minimal tech incl that 45 min record at 5-6 am that was like a sci fi movie.

where was his chunky funky house with hard basslines?

I liked about half of his set but it wasnt flowing smoothly, it was all jumps & cuts & weird corners!

not that it was bad it was a ***1/2 star night out of 5 but he can be much better1!

YES the vibe & energy was there i enjoyed the night but the music wasnt what he can do at his best!

I think DH is one of the most debauched djs & I thought his set was loony!

sometimes I feel im on his level party wise but I thought he was on some cough syrup friday night!! ;)

I thought Danny was very good. The first 3-4 hours were more or less perfect. I love the way he builds sets from the ground up. These were always my favorite part of his sets at Arc and last night he showed me why again. The second half was good but less so than the first. The only part I didn't like was around 4am or so when he was spinning some repetive type of techno that kinda droned on for about 45 minutes. Other than that I was quite content. He played several tracks off the GU which sounded great in that room.

The vibe in that room was electric... It was very apparent to me that almost everyone was there for Danny Howells. Tons of people came out of the woodwork for this one. There were even people there that I thought I would never see again... I've never seen Spirit go off like that and you guys are the reason for that. On an individual level we might seem insignificant, but if you do your best to bring positive energy it does rub off on others and trickles through the club. I hope future parties can be similar...