Clubplanet Nightlife Community

ok... who here likes/dislikes boris

I am in no way Bashing any DJ that supports House Music no matter what style it happens to be. But I must say this, I have heard Boris spin a few times and from a DJ's point of view he has no real fire. The crowd has a vibe going and that is what makes people come out week after week. His track selection to me is very monotnus(?) and generic. I myself am a DJ that thrives on adding funk and soul to my sets, it breaks up the genericness of the set.

I love listening to Morillo when he is completely on point, Not Big Room Morillo where he falls into that rut and you have to wait till 8am to hear alittle funk. Morillo when he is banging the hard shit and throwing in some more funkier shit in between. Just keeping it fresh.

I personally think that if Boris did that he would be that much better of a DJ, and he wouldn't have the "Pots & Pans" lable stuck on him.

I heard him play in Miami while he was doing a pool party at the hotel next to the National (I think it was the Sagamore but I am not sure). I was eating dinner at the National with friends and a few Italian promoters. We were there for over 4 hrs talking and drinking, and the whole time I heard nothing electrifing comming from his set. Just the same mono tone Hard 4 beat for hours, it almost became annoying.

I am not bashing him at all because he has the promoters behind him and he has a following a hell of alot bigger than I do, and he is also Crobar's Resident. None of which I have right now, so he is deffently doing something right. But the world is bigger than NYC and IMO if he keeps just banging the same generic shit he will only be a NYC DJ. I only say that because I have not ever seen anything about him anywhere else outside of the Tri State.

That's my .02 Take it for what it is worth.

the sagamore was my party...

and in our defense,,,,we got cops called on us...and had the system at 20%.......we had more sound then the shelbourne ......wish he would have had a chance to blow that fucker up

but if you heard his set at warehouse...that was a much better representation..

but your comments and shit are well respected.....

I have learned never to argue and fight over who is a better dj ...everoyne has their likes and dislikes...

the only thign that bothers me ar ethe ignorants comments from people who don;t have a clue...or spread rumors that they heard from people who think they are in the "know"

keep it up madness...I have seen your name pop up ..

def interested in what you got ...

if you woudl like to send me some demos...i woudl love to hear them

jonpaul

trust us entertainment

I have bashed Boris in the past. I like many others do find his sets to be a four on the floor slam down. He does not switch it up enough or even at all. Yet, I do enjoy going to his parties because of the crowd. His following is very enthusiastic. It also helps that the majority of my friends that are into the scene love Boris. I to find that it is his marketing team that has helped his recent rise in popularity. The end of SF combined with the "Believe in Boris" campaign have made him into a NYC heavy weight. The few months that Disco was on top of the after hours scene and the asseteria party at cheetahs was going strong got him many new fans. Either, way I wish the man good luck and will make it out to more of his parties this year. Every night out does not have to be a musically spiritual event. Sometimes it can just be about having fun with your friends.

I have bashed Boris in the past. I like many others do find his sets to be a four on the floor slam down. He does not switch it up enough or even at all.

It doesn't bother me that he doesn't change it up... that would be fine so long as his track selections were

1. good

2. not identical each time

I have bashed Boris in the past. I like many others do find his sets to be a four on the floor slam down. He does not switch it up enough or even at all. Yet, I do enjoy going to his parties because of the crowd. His following is very enthusiastic. It also helps that the majority of my friends that are into the scene love Boris. I to find that it is his marketing team that has helped his recent rise in popularity. The end of SF combined with the "Believe in Boris" campaign have made him into a NYC heavy weight. The few months that Disco was on top of the after hours scene and the asseteria party at cheetahs was going strong got him many new fans. Either, way I wish the man good luck and will make it out to more of his parties this year. Every night out does not have to be a musically spiritual event. Sometimes it can just be about having fun with your friends.

fantastic response...

very open minded..

and that is another thing I forgot to mention...

asseteria - voted best party @ wmc....Boris and Merrit are the two main guys responsible for this.....

asseteria - voted best party @ wmc....Boris and Merrit are the two main guys responsible for this.....

Asseteria is a really cool tweekend party... kinda like 1978 CBGB's bathroom meets Ho Chi Minh City.... just be careful walking around, you wouldn't want to get stabbed with a hypodermic needle or anything!

the sagamore was my party...

and in our defense,,,,we got cops called on us...and had the system at 20%.......we had more sound then the shelbourne ......wish he would have had a chance to blow that fucker up

but if you heard his set at warehouse...that was a much better representation..

but your comments and shit are well respected.....

I have learned never to argue and fight over who is a better dj ...everoyne has their likes and dislikes...

the only thign that bothers me ar ethe ignorants comments from people who don;t have a clue...or spread rumors that they heard from people who think they are in the "know"

keep it up madness...I have seen your name pop up ..

def interested in what you got ...

if you woudl like to send me some demos...i woudl love to hear them

jonpaul

trust us entertainment

I hear ya on that cops shit. Our party at the National got shut down completely about 2 1/2 hours into it. I never got a chance to play,It was straight Bullshit!!

Unfortunately I missed the party at the warehouse, there was way too much shit going on that week. I missed a few parties that I wanted to go to, it was either one or the other every day.

I will pm you and get you all hooked up with some of my demos. For the time being I do have a mix up for download on waxdj.com. It's called "Essentials on Wax", It's not one of my favorites but it's a pretty good one.

i have heard Boris at 6 different venues in 3 different states, and he is definitely very consistant as a DJ. He is always playing what his crowd wants to hear... whether its a 2 hour set or an 8 hour set. you dont ever walk into one of his parties and find yourself looking for a place to sit down or whatnot.

i guess part of its the crowd he brings, but everyone is always amped up to be there.

anyways, to answer the question, yup! i like boris. :aright::D

ELITE ENTERTAINMENT / JEFF PITEK IS PROUD TO PRESENT FOR THE FIRST TIME

AT THE ICON OF THE JERSEY SHORE - TEMPTATIONS in SEASIDE HEIGHTS NJ

FRIDAY MAY 27th MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND

"BELIEVE"

MUSIC PROVIDED BY SUPERSTAR DJ BORIS

DOORS OPEN AT 10pm

21 & OVER

FOR THE FIRST TIME TEMPTATIONS WILL BE HOSTING A 21 & OVER PARTY ON THIS FRIDAY. BORIS & I HOPE YOU WILL ALL JOIN US FOR THIS VERY SPECIAL EVENT.

FOR GUEST LIST INFO OR TABLE RES PM ME FOR DETAILS

believe.........

i have heard Boris at 6 different venues in 3 different states, and he is definitely very consistant as a DJ. He is always playing what his crowd wants to hear... whether its a 2 hour set or an 8 hour set. you dont ever walk into one of his parties and find yourself looking for a place to sit down or whatnot.

i guess part of its the crowd he brings, but everyone is always amped up to be there.

anyways, to answer the question, yup! i like boris. :aright::D

way better then the sander review :clap:

Ras, Is Boris a Character?

NO COMPLETELY NORMAL...

MOST DJ i KNOW THAT ARE UP THERE ON THE FOOD CHAIN...HAVE SOME WEIRD QUIRK ABOUT THEM ..

BORIS IS ACTUALLY A VERY DOWN TO EARTH CHILL GUY...JUST A KID FROM BROOKLYN SPINNING RECORDS...

BUT WE ALL ARE CHARACTERS IN OUR OWN WAY ...WOULDNT YOU SAY SO

you are quite the character yourself fastfast.

and most likely jump on beds. :D

IF PULLING DOWN YOUR PANTS IN THE CLUB IS NTO NORMAL ...THEN i DON'T KNOW WHAT IS ...

SHOUDL HAVE BEEN AT CROBAR WHEN I DID IT ON TIOP OF THE SPEAKERS IN FRONT OF 3000 PEOPLE

GOOD TIMES

MY PARENTS WOULD HAVE BEEN PROUD

I used to like Boris when he was doing Big Fridays at Roxy. Nowadays, his style is uninspiring, repetitive and monotonous. His sets lack flow like many of the best DJs are known for. Just like JP, Boris will always be a local talent.

I used to like Boris when he was doing Big Fridays at Roxy. Nowadays, his style is uninspiring, repetitive and monotonous. His sets lack flow like many of the best DJs are known for. Just like JP, Boris will always be a local talent.

AS OPPOSED TO WHAT

OVERSEAS PHENOM ........??

MAYBE THEY ARE BOTH CONTENT WITH THAT ......THAT IS WHAT PEOPLE FAIL TO REALIZE.....

THEY ARE MAKING A KILLING OFF BEING LOCAL TALENT...JP GOT MORE OFF OF THE ROXY THEN MOST PEOPLE HERE MAKE IN 6 MONTHS....

i DON'T SEE NO FAILURE IN THAT .....

BUT i GUESS IF YOU R A DJ YOU LOOK AT IT FROM A DIFFERENT POINT OF VIEW..