Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Jason Marquis

Ok so again I have to throw his name in the air. Playing ball with him and against him when I was about 7 to 17 or so... I knew he was always a star back then. But never would I have imagined what he is doing today. It is just something you do not imagine happening to someone you know...

Anyway enough blab... The kid is off to a great start both with his pitching at 3-1 with a 2.60+ ERA. And also with his batting. Somewhere around the .300 mark. He has great talent in both areas and I am glad Atlanta gave him up 2 years ago. I don't think he would have had the oportunity with that pitching coach and that staff to show what he is all about like he is doing for St. Louis.

So my hats off to Jason Marquis!

PS - Whoever has him on Fantasy... He is going to give you good numbers all year. May not be a Strike Out King. But he is pretty steady, confident, and consistant. Ground ball ratio is way up. He is doing better with his past problems of giving up the long ball.

Someone I wish I had on my fantasy team again... HINT!!!

kinda like me and Rocco Baldelli

funny how some of the people I played with are now in the bigs

You know I was thinking about it the other day..

Where the hell is Baldelli?

Is he hurt or did he get traded and I didn't know about it?

I thought Baldelli was from Rhode Island?

I'm a few years younger than Marquis but I heard he's a jerkoff. He was on the South Shore team that went to the LLWS right?

Yeah... He was on the American League team. I was on the National League team. We didn't make it out of the 1st round lol and they went to the WS.

He did have a big ego issue back in the day and actually got thrown off our 14-15 year old All Star team in South Shore Babe Ruth because he tried to do as he pleased because he knew at the time he was above many.

Than I remember going to the Tottenville Highschool game when they were playing in the City or State Finals. He had I believe a 1 Hit/18 Strikeout game. His sister I believe it was almost caused a riot between both teams fans in Yankee Stadium. The highschool they were playing was mostly spanish. And with each strike she and a group of people would yell the strikes in spanish... Lets just say there were many brawls after the game.

But today, he is a bit more down to earth. When he visits his family on Staten Island, he brings some of his team mates to the house, they throw balls around with the kids in the neighborhood and sign autographs.

I guess things change with age.

I thought Baldelli was from Rhode Island?

I'm a few years younger than Marquis but I heard he's a jerkoff. He was on the South Shore team that went to the LLWS right?

I spent my gradeschool years in Rhode Island.....we played legion ball together and went to rival high schools

Pretty Funny,

St. Louis put Marquis in to pinch hit. Not to pitch at all, just to pinch hit...

Even though he didn't get a hit. It is pretty impressive when, as a pitcher, you are called in to pinch hit.

that is cool...there are only a few other pitchers today that have done that before

Dontrelle Willis, Mark Prior, Mark Hampton, Rick Ankiel are some off the top of my head

it just is the way baseball was meant to be played

Dont forget Clemens. He's pretty nasty at the plate too. Im not quite sure what he's batting this year but its well above .300. He even knocked in the go ahead run to capture the lead for himself the other day. Its quite sad how awful that offense is right now.

Dont forget Clemens. He's pretty nasty at the plate too. Im not quite sure what he's batting this year but its well above .300. He even knocked in the go ahead run to capture the lead for himself the other day. Its quite sad how awful that offense is right now.

has he ever pinch hit?

Another one is Glavine