Clubplanet Nightlife Community

real tribal????

Hi... Since house isn't my primary genre of music, I was wondering if somebody could give me some recommendations for DJs that consistently play real hard, tribal house, with cheese, epic sound, unwanted pauses, and vocal layers kept to a minimum. I've seen a couple of DJs that have consistently ripped it (Vic Calderone), and then there's some that do and don't. For example, Sander K played one of the best sets of hard hitting tribal house I've ever heard in my life, but I've also heard him spin some boring, progressive elevator music. Who can I count on?

I'm gonna paste a couple of track listings of random sets that I've enjoyed here so you can get an idea of what I like...

Thanks in advance

1. Ananda Project - Cascades of Color (Weekend Vocal mix)

2. Sandy Rivera - Dreams (Chus & Ceballos mix)

3. Coca & Villa - La Noche (D-Formation mix)

4. Chus & Ceballos / Richie Santana - Low Frequencies

5 .Murk - Let Me Go

6. DJ Fox - I Believe

7. Shaker & Simon - Make It

8. Armand Pena - Watching Me

9. DJ Paulette - Laugh

10. Sin Plomo - Afrikan Stompere

1. Mashup - Karmasutra (Chus Distraction mix)

2. Murk - Circles

3. Darko - Phased (Blackwatch mix)

4. Oscar De Rivera - 21 Seconds

5. D Formation vs. Riva - Work Together

6. RPO & Darmon D - House Beats (part 1)

7. Bass & Penn - Communicate (Chus Remix)

8. De Loren & Colors - Sleepwalker

9. The Beat - The Beat is What You Need

10. Buds Not Bombs - Deleido (Coleman & Sei Sei mix)

11. Casa Flava - De Moma De (Ashes mix)

1. Nicky Scanni & Stephen M. Go Deep feat. Nadia

2. Superchumbo feat. Celeda - Dirty Filthy (Chus & Ceballos Dub)

3. D-Formation - Monike

4. Mike Viera - Guerilla Surburbana (Pete Tha Zouk Mix)

5. Da Groovemakers - Kum (Tribal Mix)

6. D-Formation presents Xperimental Shop - Thrill (D-Mix)

7. Roach Motel - Wild Luv (Superchumbo Roach Clip)

8. Ralphi Rosario & Martin Fry - Mas Energia

9. Cocoa & Villa - La Noche (D-Formation BF's Remix)

May I recommend.... :bounce:

http://lunicmusic.com/music/LUNICmaymix.mp3

tracklistings

artist / title / label

dj nye & phoenix / the music / native vox

instant house / awade (joe's jungle sounds dub) / natural resource

first choice / love & happiness / larry acapellas

usutu juma / afrosential / i records

de nada / musica / groovedelic

paki palmieri / obbalube / absolutely records

sal basile / i can't stop / tribo

house of prince / perfect love / twisted

voodoo people / the time / afroboogie

baggy bukaddor & im fishbeck / our mission / mutekki

dylan rhymes / salty / kingsize

jose nunez / bi-lingual / subliminal

tony thomas / ?? / ??

audio bullys / bang bang / white

lestesie / ritual ep / fusion recordings

stick with vic calderone but also dj vibe is like the tribal king to me.. not many people have seen him spin he's insane.

Yea actually I neglected to mention that in fact DJ Vibe is the shit :)

But how often does he come to the city?? :(

chus and ceballos also play some bangin tribal, there's some of their productions in the mixes you mention. it's not gonna be the same style as vic's though, vic just goes all out hard, they play a sort of melodic tribal if there is such a thing. they're a spanish duo so they infuse a lot of spanish guitars and melodic elements into their mixes. good shit.

Chus and Ceballos

DJ VIBE

Danny Tenaglia (when he goes off the wall)

Victor Calderone

Steve Lawler

Deep Dish (when i heard them it was all hard tribal house)

Jesse Garcia

Wally Lopez

Dr. Kucho

Robbie Rivera

Dimas

Pete Tha Zouk

That Kid Chris

Marcello Castelli

anyone on stereo records label

chus and ceballos also play some bangin tribal, there's some of their productions in the mixes you mention. it's not gonna be the same style as vic's though, vic just goes all out hard, they play a sort of melodic tribal if there is such a thing. they're a spanish duo so they infuse a lot of spanish guitars and melodic elements into their mixes. good shit.

Yea I'm a big fan of Chus and Ceballos.... and Superchumbo, D-Formation, DJ Nukem, and RPO.....

Has anybody heard tracks by Krueger and Coyle? They got this pretty unique style, sounds almost like hard psychedelic tribal house. Check out Krueger and Coyle - Randy Expander. Sebastian Krueger was part of a few psytrance acts like Tarsis and Disco Slickers. Bit of a different album, it's 100% originally produced AFAIK.

Try Merritt who's pretty damn good if you ask me. He spins at a party called Asseteria promoted by Rob Fernandez. I'd check him out if I were you if you like the beat of the drum.

Yea I've heard Meritt spin at Asseteria and he sounded good to me, but I was made a little bit too nervous by the crowd (tweakerville) to really cut loose and experience it.

Yea actually I neglected to mention that in fact DJ Vibe is the shit :)

But how often does he come to the city?? :(

well he comes out here like 3 times a year.. he's my favorite dj on my top five list of favs. check'em out when he comes out here he usually does spirit he fucking OWNS that system when he plays there man.. i got a couple of his sets.. pm me if you want some OnER!

Ritchie Santana. He plays some dirty fuckin tribal when he's in the mood.

When Junior's in the mood, he drops some wicked tribal that makes you want to start hopping all over the damn place.

And, as someone stated previously, That Kid Chris. His tribal sets are consistently crazy.

Ritchie Santana. He plays some dirty fuckin tribal when he's in the mood.

When Junior's in the mood, he drops some wicked tribal that makes you want to start hopping all over the damn place.

And, as someone stated previously, That Kid Chris. His tribal sets are consistently crazy.

I've heard and liked Ritchie Santana... but never That Kid Chris... I thought I remembered some people ragging on him really badly in here?

stick with vic calderone but also dj vibe is like the tribal king to me.. not many people have seen him spin he's insane.

I saw DJ Vibe spin after Chus & Ceballos at the Warehouse during the WMC.. and he was the opposite of Chus & C. Really hard progressive and electro the entire time. It was awesome.. but it wasnt tribal.

Theres a chance I could be mistaking him for someone else, or got the set times mixed up.. but im 95% sure it was DJ Vibe spinning.

-M

I saw DJ Vibe spin after Chus & Ceballos at the Warehouse during the WMC.. and he was the opposite of Chus & C. Really hard progressive and electro the entire time. It was awesome.. but it wasnt tribal.

Theres a chance I could be mistaking him for someone else, or got the set times mixed up.. but im 95% sure it was DJ Vibe spinning.

-M

If I remember correctly, DJ Vibe spun on Saturday, the night after the JP party at Warehouse....

I've heard and liked Ritchie Santana... but never That Kid Chris... I thought I remembered some people ragging on him really badly in here?

Really? I've heard him on many occasions over the past 6 or 7 years, and his live sets have always stayed true to deep tribal roots (more or less).

-M

it might have been dj vibe. he starts off with a lil progressive.. but come like 3 or 4 am he goes crazy with it.. i dont know alot of the shit he plays i never heard any other dj's play cept for victor calderone because the do/have produced tracks together the combination of those two is explosive.