Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Best Clubs in NY?!

Yeah, was just trying to get an idea. Had a look at a few websites/listings now and Avalon seem's a bit too hard/cheesey musically for me. think we'll just go wherever we can that's got someone good on. Wanna try and go somewhere thats typical NY too though, catch some residents or some local talents, no point only going to see dj's that i can see every week at Shindig.

Mockett, did you get a visa to stay over there or can you not say?

I was lucky as my company sponsored me, so I am over here on an intra-company visa for 3 years. I can extend it if I want and my company wants to keep me. Applying for a Green Card sounds like a right pain in the arse, so it's unlikely that I'll bother doing that.

Lol do what you want, I'm just saying I wouldn't go to Avalon if I were you unless you're some sort of high school teacher that likes dealing with teenagers.

That's why I didn't mention Avalon - I've not been, so can't comment. I've always been put off by the comments about the crowd, plus the music doesn't seem to be to my tastes.

There is not really any objective way to settle this debate but I can assure you that Avalon is BY FAR the youngest crowd I have encountered in the club scene, and from other posts I've seen, other people seem to agree with me. The fact that it's often 18+ admission doesn't exactly help your argument much. And as far as nothing else mattering but the music, you're wrong. When I see those skanky gogo dancers they hire gyrating on those platforms with drunken frat kids pawing at them and trying to stuff dollar bills down their pants, I don't care if Jesus H Christ is doing a live remix of Plastikman, I get turned off and wish I was somewhere else. That sort of behavior is just impossible to ignore. Also, when have you ever heard of a Girls Gone Wild event held at Spirit or Cielo? Exactly.

AMEN TO THAT!!!! i work in an afterschool program for my job.,. i dont feel the need to babysit when i go out.,. .,. and as far as dress code for cielo and crobar's dress code goes, you can easily get into either one of then in a decent t-shirt and funky trainers, as you say.,. a large portion of men in there will be wearing the same thing, just don't look sloppy and you'll be fine.,. and be nice, cos nick (the bitch at the door at cielo) suffers from the napoleonic complex and likes to reject people, esp men.,. and try to show up with girls, it always helps.,.

cielo is hard to get into?? i thought cielo was like spirit in th fact that ANYBODy can get in??

on certain nights.....when its all about the music....... (Wednesdays Mondays and Thursdays)

try getting in like that on Sat. when Matar is playing or at Tedd P's party and nick will shoot you down. Always bring girls with you. Unfortunately it didnt used to be like this......but tedd's party has gotten so popular that people go there just to be seen...

AMEN TO THAT!!!! i work in an afterschool program for my job.,. i dont feel the need to babysit when i go out.,. .,. and as far as dress code for cielo and crobar's dress code goes, you can easily get into either one of then in a decent t-shirt and funky trainers, as you say.,. a large portion of men in there will be wearing the same thing, just don't look sloppy and you'll be fine.,. and be nice, cos nick (the bitch at the door at cielo) suffers from the napoleonic complex and likes to reject people, esp men.,. and try to show up with girls, it always helps.,.

Well there's only two of us going over there so won't be like a big group of pissed lads truning up at the door, cheer's for the tip though....we won't be turning up looking sloppy either, didnt mean a scruffy pair of trainers and a sweaty tshirt;)

Mockett mate, your a lucky get like, that would be wicked, hope it's living up to expectations!...

Well there's only two of us going over there so won't be like a big group of pissed lads truning up at the door, cheer's for the tip though....we won't be turning up looking sloppy either, didnt mean a scruffy pair of trainers and a sweaty tshirt;)

Mockett mate, your a lucky get like, that would be wicked, hope it's living up to expectations!...

Aye, it's a pretty good deal. I miss my local club back home (Mango in Reading) - an Oasis amongst a lot of shite! But I've had some blinding nights out here, so can't complain.......

quite frankly i did the big club thing for years, and the djs are much truer to their style and are able to take the crowd places in smaller, more intimate venues.,. and i like being able to see the dj and not strain my neck to look up at him in the dj booth.,.

quite frankly i did the big club thing for years, and the djs are much truer to their style and are able to take the crowd places in smaller, more intimate venues.,. and i like being able to see the dj and not strain my neck to look up at him in the dj booth.,.

i still to this day dont get why dj's change their style depending on the venue.. if i ever make it to the club circuits im playing the shit that gets me going.. if people like it cool, if not fuck em... i am just coming to terms with why dj's change their style from city to city but im still not grasping this venue thing..

i still to this day dont get why dj's change their style depending on the venue.. if i ever make it to the club circuits im playing the shit that gets me going.. if people like it cool, if not fuck em... i am just coming to terms with why dj's change their style from city to city but im still not grasping this venue thing..

I'm completely with you on this mate, what the fuck is the point in having your own style and changing it to suit a venue?!!

I'm not one for slagging off particular dj's coz if they are out there then they are doing better then me but i'd like to think that if i was out there playing internationally then I wouldnt change for anyone, the Stones wouldnt play thrash metal would they?!?!

Jessynergy, you sound "sound as fuck" as we say over here. Good points about clubbing! big, huge nights are good for small festivals like Creamfields or Homelands but smaller clubs are better as long as its not that small that there's only room to pick your nose;) We go to a club called Shindig in Newcastle which has a 1200 capacity which seems like a lot but its a wicked club with two rooms and is always a wicked atmosphere.