Clubplanet Nightlife Community

military closures...

forgive my naivity on this topic..

but why do people get so mad when a military base closes in their neighborhood ???

I can understand why the military families would be pissed, cause they have to move?

but neighborhood ? it is not like they are protecting us from some invasion ...

is it cause they are places where the guard meets ??

note - I am not for the base closings at all.. we spend so much on other countries shit..we can use that money to keep our military the mighty giant that it is

Because military bases are a boom for the local economy. Soldiers shop in the local stores and spend money at local establishments. Also local civilians are employed on the base.

Alot of money just vanishes when a base is closed.

Because military bases are a boom for the local economy. Soldiers shop in the local stores and spend money at local establishments. Also local civilians are employed on the base.

exactly...imagine thousands of people leaving a community

also, I highly doubt that they are gonna convert or sell the land...its just gonna sit there, vacant

exactly...imagine thousands of people leaving a community

also, I highly doubt that they are gonna convert or sell the land...its just gonna sit there, vacant

They should clean them shits up and start throwing massive raves!! I mean half the time im reading about huge festivals in the UK they are at old airforce bases and what not...

They should clean them shits up and start throwing massive raves!! I mean half the time im reading about huge festivals in the UK they are at old airforce bases and what not...

nah!! as soon as they clean it up, K. Hovananian is gonna build another active adult condominim community...lol

true..i guess I did nto realize that ..since the base near me..is not that big or has that many people FT TOTTEN

but dont bases have stores on them so that the people can shop tax free ??

true..i guess I did nto realize that ..since the base near me..is not that big or has that many people FT TOTTEN

but dont bases have stores on them so that the people can shop tax free ??

Yes, those stores are called exchanges. But think about this, a lot of people prefer to live off base, so you need something, food, booze, batteries, etc...., are you gonna run all the way back to the base to save 5%-8% or are you gonna get what you need close to home and fast? Bases bring a LOT of money into the local communities, even guard and reserve bases, if only on a once a month basis they still bring a "monthly cash glut" to local businesses. And don't forget about all the civilian "support" jobs that are on a military base too. Those jobs usually pay pretty well, the GS jobs that is, MWR jobs usually pay slave wages.