Clubplanet Nightlife Community

what do you do for your Day job? Does it suit your personality?

and would your Co-workers be surprised if they knew how different you are when you are out?:jawdrop:

I know I am like 2 different people...sometimes I let the "party" me come out durring work.. only because everyone can be soo serious here... But I think i'm too much for them - when I'm in party mode. Both "me's" are people/ relationship driven. I like to problem solve and work well underpressure.

I've been known to be the class clown, and yet I have been known to be ultra serious. If you need something done...and you need it ASAP...I'm your girl...and I'll prob. have extrta tidbits added. I can never do anything 1/2 way, its just not me.

I'm a Cappy...so I'm a work-a-holic and tend to be very serious, a perfectionist, and a leader. I think I keep my professional self seprate from my Leisure self...however I have been know to bring my Leisure self into the professional setting to lighten things up.

If I know I dont need to be the leader, I will make sure I am enjoying myself. If someone drops the ball I'm there to pick it up.

I'm a staffing manager...aka... recruiter...aka a headhunter....

just wondering....:aright:

Im always SILVERBULL 24/7 at work at home on the train in the club in the deli on the street. Never conformed for anybody, always be yourself at all times and dont be fake. I work at a real estate office on weekends , and during the week it depends. Freelance dancer, working at a jewlery company when needed. Use to manage a hair salon for 4 yrs on the upper east side but needed a breal from that shit. Currently enjoy being a nightlife persona while pursuing whatever options come my way.

well, if we're gonna go there.,. im a taurus.,. im pretty grounded, so i am who i am.,. my personality tends to shine through wherever i am.,. i don't hide the fact that i love to go out and party, but partying for me is dancing and some drinking (a little too much drinking lately), and that's not something i am ashamed of.,. its part of who i am through and through.,. i have a good head on my shoulders, and thats all that matters.,.

my boss and I are very close so he knows what my deal is. He always tells everyone I'm a "club kid," and now everyone in the office calls me "wild child," but we all just laugh about it. I don't try to hide my personality, but if I wore the same clothes to work that I wear to clubs it would definitely be a little odd...

i am a social worker at a domestic violence shelter. And i am sorry SILVERBULL but i can not be myself while i am with my clients. My boss and fellow employees always ask how i switch my personality from easy going and free sprited a concrete wall for these clients. You need to be like this for these type of ppl. They need a real solid support. Anyway i am a libra since everyone is saying. its good to hear the everyday life of what ppl do.

I'm sell athletic equipment and I always keep my happy-go-lucky persona, unless, of course we're having a bad month...I'm an Aries and were fun, crazy, and outgoing.

Everyone at work knows the deal with me cause I really dont have anything to hide. Some people don't understand 'the deal', they think its all about 'hooking up'...but its funny when they are listening to there Classic Rock stations here at work, I know all the lyrics to all the songs... so I get the respect of a 'true music fan' rather than a 'party girl'...but it does go hand in hand :aright:

Best conversation I've had at work regarding clubbin:

Co-worker - "I dont go ou on NYE, it's amateur night"

CynStam - "I know what you mean, I was home by 9"

Co- worker -"See, you were smart, but isnt 9 early?, u missed the ball drop"

CynStam - "No, I meant 9 am"

Co-worker - "ohhh" (perplexed)

i work in the financial industry. it all depends on who it is and the atmosphere of your dept.

MY PEERS (people my age) know that i go out to clubs/luonges/etc b/c we hang out from time to time/share weekend stories/etc. Personality-wise, i'm the same w/them as I am w/my best friends.

MY BOSS (& older people) only know that I go to bars sometimes and that i enjoy wine. there is info that they don't necessarily need to know. As for my personality, i'm definetly professional w/this audience. It's not that im trying to be fake, but I think that being professional when dealing w/your boss is important in the early stages of your career.

i don't think it's ever a good idea to mix pleasure with business. it only leads to disaster in both your personal life and professional and i know this because i've done it... so i never, ever go out with my co workers after work for drinks or whatever they all normally do.

i bartend at a pretty touristy retaurant in midtown and a majority of my coworkers are just as, if not more, of a crackie than i am. the difference between them and i is that i don't think it's neccessary to come into work after a night out of partying and divulge every little disgusting detail. despite what these people believe, it's not a very attractive thing to tell people you work with how much you can drink.

Im always SILVERBULL 24/7 at work at home on the train in the club in the deli on the street. Never conformed for anybody, always be yourself at all times and dont be fake. I work at a real estate office on weekends , and during the week it depends. Freelance dancer, working at a jewlery company when needed. Use to manage a hair salon for 4 yrs on the upper east side but needed a breal from that shit. Currently enjoy being a nightlife persona while pursuing whatever options come my way.

dont forget ur stand-in work for 12m.jpg

Im do tech work. everyone in my department is at the least 10 years older than me. there are 2 people under 30 .. one is a kid from poughkippse and the other is from croton .. basically i am the only club going person. I have fliers of great nights pinned up on my wall and people come by and inquire plus i usually have my music at levels most can hear, but can easily ignore .. they question that too ...

my clients are all phone and emailed based so totally professional there, as for my co-workers ... i can pretty much say that they know the real me but dont know how wild shit can really get when im out .. but like others say, sometimes there is no need to tell the whole truth. Just enough to satisfy curiosity and not enough to make them think you need rehabd.. I have to always remind myself that if 80% of america really knew what was going on, we wouldnt be clubbing now would we ..

I'm an administrative assistant at a new start up company...I just got this job recently and I'm really psyched about it, so I haven't divulged any secrets about my nightlife...everyone I work with is pretty young, but they're kinda bookish and eccentric. My manager, who's about four or five years older than me, comes in at 8 AM and leaves at 8 PM, and he lives in Long Island, so there must be at least an hour and a half of commuting...he definitely works wayy too hard. Sometimes, I'll mention a good bar if someone asks, but I don't go into work and talk about how far gone I was the night before. It's just not necessary. Our coworkers are not our friends, they're professionals. I actually think that some of the ppl I work with are pretty cool, but I wouldnt pursue an outside friendship with them...I'd much rather keep the "work kelly" and "weekend kelly" separate...

I tried going out with some colleagues at my last job, and it's definitely not soimething that I'd do again...I realized that I couldn't be myself and I was basically just faking it the whole night with a forced smile...I don't want them to know personal things about me that they can hold against me, and I don't want to let myself go too much like I normally would with my friends bc I don't want my actions to come back to haunt me...