Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Grits, for breakfast?

Any of you guys like grits, for breakfast? I've been trying to find some good ones in the city (below 14th street) and have only had fair luck. who knows the in spot?

Found some today at a little dinner and got to watch some Jerry Springerwith a bunch of construction works. That show is all class.

that's living.

DM

ok, if not for breakfast, then how about for lunch. some of you guys must be in grits denial.

I've received PMs from other grits lovers, so don't be shy.

DM

Originally posted by dmgreenz:

Any of you guys like grits, for breakfast? I've been trying to find some good ones in the city (below 14th street) and have only had fair luck. who knows the in spot?

Found some today at a little dinner and got to watch some Jerry Springerwith a bunch of construction works. That show is all class.

that's living.

DM

Yeah, much happier now, thanks! I knew there were fans out there.

I've never heard of the zucchini version before - sounds fancy.

For me, it's usually just pepper and butter (cheese too - sometimes).

we'll have to put together a grits FAQ of places that serve. Not sure about the upper east. I know you can find 'em in the village though.

Does Waffle house have grits, I don't remember?

DM

Originally posted by shugabooga:

grits are great! i love them with cheese and ketchup, lotsa salt & pepper. i have a recipe that my dad loves...grits w/ cheese, chicken broth & zucchini, goes great with a holiday meal.

dm, you happy now honey?

um - this is a question I've always wanted to ask - what ARE grits? sorry for being a dumb foreigner. Oh and what on earth is 'turkey bacon'??? reconstituted turkey meat (off the bones in the centrifuge) made to look like bacon??? mmm, sounds lovely.

but seriously, I would like to know what grits are. please.

yep, waffle house serves grits, not the very best, but certainly worthwhile at about 4 a.m. after drinking all night. they don't have cheese grits, at least they say they don't, you have to BEG for cheese, good lord! you'd think you were asking for their front tooth or something!!!!

Originally posted by dmgreenz:

Yeah, much happier now, thanks! I knew there were fans out there.

I've never heard of the zucchini version before - sounds fancy.

For me, it's usually just pepper and butter (cheese too - sometimes).

we'll have to put together a grits FAQ of places that serve. Not sure about the upper east. I know you can find 'em in the village though.

Does Waffle house have grits, I don't remember?

DM

Good Girts all day on (i think) West 4th by all the Mexican places. Tiny diner called Bagel something.

Grits are ground corn - boiled with water till water is gone and grits are soft.

Usually butter is added, sometimes cheese.

They go bad in less than five minutes, kinda like Taco Bell food.

------------------

yourpimpdaddy@hotmail.com

grits are a corn derivative. can't really answer the turkey bacon question very well. i think it's turkey meat cured to taste like bacon and cut up and died to look like bacon. probably has a lot of food coloring and preservatives in it. less fat than bacon, that's the advantage, with about half the flavor!

Originally posted by dirtyslapper:

um - this is a question I've always wanted to ask - what ARE grits? sorry for being a dumb foreigner. Oh and what on earth is 'turkey bacon'??? reconstituted turkey meat (off the bones in the centrifuge) made to look like bacon??? mmm, sounds lovely.

but seriously, I would like to know what grits are. please.

Originally posted by homersimpson:

As someone who used to live in Kentucky, I'm always looking for a good spot for grits. If anyone knows a good breakfast spot on the Upper East Side that serves them right, please post it.

hey i'm from KY! i bet you're familiar with sausage gravy and biscuits too, right? what area are you from?

cwm35.gif

------------------

kissing.gif

butter and jelly in grits isn't so strange...i like to put cheese & ketchip in mine...yum!

Originally posted by lolly:

Yuck cwm25.gif I hate grits. Barf!!

A friend of mine lives in the south though. She puts butter and jelly in her grits. Syrup sometimes too. I'd rather eat the turkey bacon. LOL.

Mmmmmm, grits. My Mom was from Tennessee, I love southern food.

Biscuits and gravy are awesome too. The only place I can find in NJ that has somewhat decent southern food is CrackerBarrel. Even then it's at least 1/2 hour away from me.

------------------

blultbar.gif

A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to it's old dimensions.

~*~*~Don't use time or words carelessly, neither can be retrieved.~*~*~