Clubplanet Nightlife Community

giambi get a beer thrown on him...

so i am reading about the yankee game from yesterday and i read an article that a fan in oak tossed a beer from the seats onto giambi as he walked into the duggout...what is wrong with ppl these days??? i may not like a team or a player but i would never think of hurling something onto the field at them...just like in the pistons/pacers game...things are getting too out of hand...time to start arresting ppl for this shit...

so i am reading about the yankee game from yesterday and i read an article that a fan in oak tossed a beer from the seats onto giambi as he walked into the duggout...what is wrong with ppl these days??? i may not like a team or a player but i would never think of hurling something onto the field at them...just like in the pistons/pacers game...things are getting too out of hand...time to start arresting ppl for this shit...

Tell me about it... First off it is just pathetic. Secondly they are ruining things for other people. I don't care how much I can't stand a player... That is just something you dont do.

What's going on now? Is he on his way to the minors or are they giving him another chance?

They're giving him a week to show some improvement (the length of the road trip), and if he continues to suck ass, they are going to have some major meetings to decide what's next.

Giambi = parasite

Though I have been feeling a little bad for the guy here and there.

Still.. :splat:

seriously, that shit really is terrible....kinda like last year when a battery was thrown at milton bradley and how I backed him (although I did say he should have been a professional no matter how much bullshit it was)

kudos for Giambi for not flippin out, thats an utter sign of disrespect

story time.....something similar happened to me when I was playing football in high school. We were playing our rivals at their field and when we came out, I was pelted in the helmet by a wad of wet toilet paper that was most likely aimed at our quarterback who was right in front of me. Let me just say, I never felt so despised and never felt so low about myself during any athletic competition I was in even though I knew it was bullshit bashing by a kid just having fun. That shit hurts

seriously, that shit really is terrible....kinda like last year when a battery was thrown at milton bradley and how I backed him (although I did say he should have been a professional no matter how much bullshit it was)

kudos for Giambi for not flippin out, thats an utter sign of disrespect

story time.....something similar happened to me when I was playing football in high school. We were playing our rivals at their field and when we came out, I was pelted in the helmet by a wad of wet toilet paper that was most likely aimed at our quarterback who was right in front of me. Let me just say, I never felt so despised and never felt so low about myself during any athletic competition I was in even though I knew it was bullshit bashing by a kid just having fun. That shit hurts

I was beaned in the ass by Jason Marquis in the Little League Major division when I was 11. Now that hurt lol ( Hope that makes you feel a little better. Lets just say the bruise was bigger than my left cheak.

I was beaned in the ass by Jason Marquis in the Little League Major division when I was 11. Now that hurt lol ( Hope that makes you feel a little better. Lets just say the bruise was bigger than my left cheak.

you LOVE throwing his name around don't ya?

jason marquis -------------> :swallow: <--------------- elementx

or that guy from the texas rangers who threw a chair into the stands and hit some fat chick - - - oh yeah, that was in oakland as well.

you LOVE throwing his name around don't ya?

Listen, as I know you are one to just toss around bullshit. I respect the guy and what he has achieved. Not many have had the opportunity to grow up, play ball, and experience a player become successful in the Majors. Yeah, many get drafted, many get a chance in the spotlight, But few are successful. And at the time I thought it was a funny story.

Listen, as I know you are one to just toss around bullshit. I respect the guy and what he has achieved. Not many have had the opportunity to grow up, play ball, and experience a player become successful in the Majors. Yeah, many get drafted, many get a chance in the spotlight, But few are successful. And at the time I thought it was a funny story.

I think nmn was kidding hon. LOL

• 2 weeks later...

MEssage Sent

from foxsports

OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) - A man who threw a cup of beer on New York Yankees player Jason Giambi has been charged with misdemeanor battery, according to the Alameda County District Attorney's Office.

Eric Anduri, 30, son of Lafayette Mayor Carl Anduri, is set for arraignment June 14.

Giambi said after the May 14 incident that he wasn't interested in pursuing charges against the man, but prosecutors went ahead with the case.

"We have enough other witnesses to proceed with the case," Deputy District Attorney Paul Pinney said.

A misdemeanor battery charge "can be any kind of harmful or offensive touching. You can spit on somebody and that can be battery," Pinney added.

If convicted, Anduri could face a maximum sentence of six months in jail and/or a $2,000 fine.

Giambi was doused with beer by Anduri as he walked back to the Yankees dugout after flying out in the eighth inning of New York's 15-6 win over the Oakland Athletics.

Giambi, who won the 2000 AL MVP award while playing for Oakland, has been booed loudly at the Coliseum since he left in December 2001 and signed with the Yankees.