Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Help! Coming to NYC on Sat June 18th and need to know what club to go to!

I haven't been clubbing in NYC since THE TUNNEL was open. First of all, I heard it closed - is this true? So, basically I was wondering what the HOTTEST club now in NYC is to go to? I heard Avalon? I am coming on a Saturday with 3 friends of mine. I want it to be the biggest club with the hottest music. I loved the Tunnel as they had many rooms/floors with all diff types of dance music!- Anything similar? I don't want it to be a strictly gay club- but if it is straight/gay mixed that's cool!- Any and all info would be helpful as I have been out of the loop.

Thanks a lot

millennium2k2@aol.com

Mike

Honestly, the only club where you are certain to get in to and that fits your description is Crobar.

They have NO door policy, everyone with 20 bucks and proper ID is admitted.

Huge room, actually multiple rooms and floors, always good music, some nights I dare say GREAT music, its straight and not gay, and yes tunnel is closed now for many years.

Personally, I find the place revolting only because the guy/girl ratio is like 7-1 and that is because of the door policy. Add to that the fact that ANYONE can get in and the crowd is primarily "ugly". No celebrities or models would set foot in this place and even without "those" types, the crowd is what I call "C" level.

A and B being best and C being pretty bad. It is mostly white, middle class, but some spanish and few blacks. For what its worth thats my take on it.

What do you mean - a NO DOOR policy? What is wrong with Avalon? That is where I really want to go but is there something about it I should know about? It looks huge- and I love the outside of it - being an old church and all!

Avalon is a fine choice but, its not as big as Crobar nor does it havce as many levels and seperate rooms. I am uncertain of the Avalon door policy but, I am fairly certain it is similar if not identical to Crobar.

It is the former Limelight and for all intents and purposes, is identical to the way it was before but with a cosmetic facelift. Crobar was never a club before so it is entirely new and if you already saw Limelight, which was around in the Tunnel days, then I figured ou would want to see something new.

Your original post asked for the "the biggest club with the hottest music" and that title belongs to Crobar. It is bigger than Avalon and has bigger name DJ's on a regular basis.

Why not see who's DJ'ing at both clubs on the night you arrive and decide on which Dj you prefer? Both places hire big name DJ's so on any given night one may be "hotter" than the other but, Crobar will always be the bigger room.